Barnes and Noble Vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Fruff76, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lesterbangs

lesterbangs Forum Resident

Really? Mine has more than doubled capacity in past year...

2. OneChance

OneChance Forum Resident

I've purchased several B&N exclusives since I started collecting earlier this year, and have not yet been disappointed.

Crimson jon and Christopher B like this.
  3. Schoolmaster Bones

Schoolmaster Bones Poe's Lawyer

This may just be a miscommunication.

Consider it this way: It's 2018. It's very likely that your boss's son is seeking music from this century (his lifetime), which means the vinyl will most likely be both "sealed" and "original".

JeffMo likes this.
  4. Daven23

Daven23 Forum Resident

Wrong the records On his wantlist was

Pink Floyd-The Wall
    Queen-A Night At The Opera

5. Daven23

Daven23 Forum Resident

My source?

Do you honestly believe that a original Fleetwood Mac Rumours that sells at a record store for 10 dollars is the same exact version as the one as Barnes and Noble? Really?

libertycaps likes this.
  6. Daven23

Daven23 Forum Resident

Your Barnes and Noble must have different prices then mine. Have at it! Enjoy! Why do you care what I think?

7. CWillman

CWillman Senior Member

Some of the people in this thread seem to be saying that Barnes & Noble manufactures their own pressings, or something. I think what they really mean is that they distrust all modern "re-issues" and think the only "real" records are used ones from the '80s or earlier. It's ignorance parading as arrogance. As for the idea that all the records in a B&N are digitally sourced... I bought my AAA copy of Gillian Welch's "The Harrow and the Harvest" at a B&N, and I can say with 101% certainty that it was the exact same all-analog pressing sold in any other store.

nosliw, Ben Adams, Gaslight and 4 others like this.
  8. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

If B& N dont put out new releases timely, I have no problem asking someone to locate it in the back stockroom but most times they have someone putting them out right at store opening.

9. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

The Latin phrase of the day on this thread is non sequitur.

GentleSenator and dkmonroe like this.
  10. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

"No Hope for the Hopeless"

A phrase that comes to my mind. But, whatevers........It ain't my cash you are spending at Barnes & Nobles for LPs.

Cronverc and Daven23 like this.
  11. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

Why such hate and disdain for Barnes and Noble vinyl ? Not all of us have a Bullmoose, Amoeba, Newbury Comics in the neighborhood so it may be the only place to get vinyl the same day you want it. So what if people want to pay a little extra ? If you dont like this thread, dont comment on it. Simple as that.

nosliw, SJP, WhoTapes1 and 2 others like this.
  12. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

What is this even supposed to mean? :confused:

GentleSenator likes this.
  13. dkmonroe

Normal people not of the audiophile tribe might shop there and play their LP's on non-forum approved equipment and we can't have that going on.

Tommyboy, Christopher B and WhoTapes1 like this.
  14. You have got to be trolling, right? I mean...wow.

No one is saying that. What everyone is saying is that the releases that B&N stocks are the same NEW releases that you can buy anywhere. Except their exclusives of course. And their exclusives many times feature the same mastering.

This thread has been wild. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a thread here with so much outright false information about what I had assumed was common knowledge things.

nosliw, PooreBoy, MikeT and 5 others like this.
  15. dkmonroe

People have an agenda. Facts don't enter into it.

I333I likes this.
  16. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I bought my Fleetwood Mac Rumours Steve Hoffman/Kevin Gray cut for less than $20 at a Barnes and Nobel brick and mortar store. It sounds better then any early copy I've heard.......and I've heard a bunch. It seems Daven23 needs to do a little more research before he does any more typing.

ispace, davidkeith, tkl7 and 2 others like this.
  17. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

maybe it means the world is more like it is now than it ever was before? whoa....

:bdance:

dkmonroe likes this.
  18. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Rumours is a re-issue.

Look at your own post - you are stating that new releases in B&N are different than a local record store.

Please give examples that are outside of B&N's exclusive releases that they clearly advertise.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Spitfire and I333I like this.
  19. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

I'm a member. The membership fee pays for itself after a couple of visits. Many coupons emailed and traditional mail. I also got a Christmas gift card for $10. It really is cool and cost savings if you buy new vinyl. The only CON that comes to mind; Metal is not very well represented. :shake:. Otherwise, well worth it. :righton:

Christopher B and fmfxray373 like this.
  20. I333I

I333I Forum Resident

You are out of your element, Donnie.

tkl7, A6mzero, Dr. Funk and 1 other person like this.
  21. gckcrispy

gckcrispy Forum Resident

Hmm. Last year, I got the 2014 mono reissue of Sgt. Pepper at B&N for less than $17 after discounts.

You sure it's not debatable?

22. dkmonroe

A better phrase for some of these posters is "No Clues For The Clueless."

GentleSenator likes this.
  23. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Whatever Beatles monos I have came from B&N. And yeah, some of 'em for $17 or less.

I've had no quality issues, and never had to return anything. Furthermore, if you do mail order from them, they tend to get it right. No Amazon-style shipping adventures.

If you have a membership, and play your coupons right, you can get a $250 box set for $150, or a $150 set for $90, or...well, you get the general idea.

The one negative -- Pricing higher in stores than online doesn't make much sense to me.

The big positive -- B&N isn't Amazon.

dkmonroe likes this.
  24. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I also purchased my 2014 mono Beatles White Album for around $28 with a B&N discount.....one can't do much better than that. By the way.........it's not digitally sourced, and it doesn't sound like a cd. :whistle:

dkmonroe likes this.
  25. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Someone must mention that insanely great T.Rex - Electric Warrior that was available at B&N. There, I just did. One of my favorite reissues I’ve purchased recently and better than my US original.

A6mzero, Christopher B and dkmonroe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.