Barnes & Noble 50% Off Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Vinyljunkie22, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I can confirm the sale is returning on the 26th and I believe it runs for about a month. I'm in the process of typing up the list of vinyl that my store has and will hopefully post it tomorrow. There are a few additions to the sale although my store doesn't have many additions in comparison to the other sales (could be because we've sold so much vinyl in the last several weeks!).

Tjazz, caravan70, Shawn and 7 others like this.
  2. davers

davers Forum Resident

The vinyl selection in my local has significantly reduced in recent weeks, presumably due to holiday sales rather than "thinning the herd" (at least I hope that's the case).

It's certainly not like several years ago when the 50% sale alone featured a deep catalog, including a couple of the Bowie box sets.:)

caravan70 and Jspmike like this.
  3. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Time for me to get the list and scout a few Barnes tomorrow as stores around here have a massive amount of stock........

Jspmike likes this.
  4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Good news that it’s starting tomorrow, as the retail sect in general has pushed their after holiday sales until after the 1st, keeping prices consistent for people that received gift cards.

Jspmike likes this.
  5. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I went crazy ordering the vinyl for my store this year and I still sold out of a lot of the titles! I would hope that it is because of the holiday sales rather than the "thinning the herd"!

I just posted the titles that are in the sale for my store on the other Barnes & Noble thread. Not too many additions although the super deluxe edition of "Goats Head Soup" was a surprise! There is also going to be a big sale in the book department starting tomorrow in store. I have my eyes on a couple of hardcover music books...

mrjinks, caravan70, davers and 2 others like this.
  6. U2Achtung1

U2Achtung1 Forum Resident

Yeah I've bought some Signed books that were 50% off, I assume some of the signed ones will be included again?

Jspmike likes this.
  7. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

From what I've heard - yes!

mrjinks likes this.
  8. I went yesterday to my local B&N. The 50% off on LPs wasn’t labeled via a sign nor updated discount tags on the LPs, and the selection on the ‘25% off’ labeled-LPs was pretty small and nothing new from the previous few weeks, Kinda disappointing, especially compared to previous vinyl sales.

9. shnaggletooth

shnaggletooth Senior Member

At least in the Paramus, NJ store, the 50% off sale is ongoing until the end of January. But a Bowie LP which has usually been part of these sales just rang up as full price. They might have removed a lot of the really good stuff from the promotion, unfortunately.

10. Bob J

Bob J Forum Resident

This time, my local store has a small section of sale LP's but they only have 25% off stickers and I'd estimate there are only about 30 or 40 records total. To make matters worse, all of them are holdovers from previous sales.

11. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I managed to get Joy Division "Still", The Smiths "Hatful Of Hollow" and The Cure's "Torn Down:Mixed Up" into my store this last week. The Smiths and Joy Division were on the pricey side but with the 50% off it did make them around $23.

shnaggletooth and superstar19 like this.
  12. davers

davers Forum Resident

I'm surprised that classic Smiths record made the discount list...good find!

Dennis Metz and Jspmike like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.