Barnes & Noble 50% Off Vinyl Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Vinyljunkie22, Aug 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

The tag in the store shouldn't mean anything. I've gotten 50% off on untagged albums. I think the discounts are programmed into the system and the store simply tries to tag everything that is part of the sale. Inevitably some get missed while others get a tag when they shouldn't be on discount.

2. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

That is correct! If you see an item in the store that does not have a sticker on it but the ISBN number matches an album that is listed as part of the clearance sale then it should ring up as 50% off.

superstar19 and SJP like this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yep, which is why you should check online before you shop! I grabbed 3 albums that weren’t marked in store like this, and sure enough all 3 rang at 50% off.

4. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I was not working the day the sale went from 25% to 50%. In my store they just put new stickers on the old product. When I came to work I scanned through every vinyl we had and a added about 40ish items to the sale. Very few booksellers are as addicted to vinyl as us!

5. NapalmBrain

NapalmBrain Forum Resident

This got me out of the house and drove to 2 locations. The first one didn't have much. A few things I wouldn't mind grabbing, but trying not to buy records just to buy records. I grabbed A Stones "Blue & Lonesome" only one had the made in france sticker so I made sure to grab that one as I heard it was a really solid pressing. I asked the clerk to check on the Analog Spark Nyro titles and he said no one had any. Drove to the second location and a copy of Eli was in the racks so I grabbed that too. I was shocked at how many other great titles they had that were not discounted (some OOP rhino reissues dating back several years ) but I told myself my budget was $40 today and I wanted to stay under that. Thanks for the heads up, glad they had 1 of the 2 AS Nyro titles anyways

Vinyljunkie22, hutlock and JohnT like this.
  6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Jspmike hooked me up again!!!

If you are interested in David Bowie 2LP/CD Next Day $19.99
    The Next Day

Maybe these stores can help.
    Bozeman MT 406 586 5360
    Phoenix AZ 623 780 3300

Jspmike, hutlock and superstar19 like this.
  7. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Just had a chance to listen to these - BEWARE of the Vega pressing. Mine is actually mis-cut, where part of the lead-in grooves are cut off. Both sides had tons of surface noise for the first minute or so on each side (frankly I was surprised it even was able to play). Also warped and with moderate surface noise throughout. It’s sure not 180g. As John Cleese might say, “it’s waifair theen”.

I mention this because it was a special B&N color pressing. Perhaps regular pressings were better.

8. NapalmBrain

Sadly Laura has a huge scuff that causes a constant tick for 40 seconds during a rather quiet part, no stores without 100 miles have a copy and they were not able to get one from the warehouse when I called the store, a refund was offered. Been on the phone for 20 minutes, I type this while on hold. The first person said they are not able to send one to the store despite it being on the website for sale for $31.99 (I paid $17.49). I'm willing to bet AEC directly fills the web orders. Hopefully the next person can help me

9. NapalmBrain

and the other representative is no longer available after being on hold for 20 min, I can call back tomorrow but is it even worth it if I'm just going to get a 10% refund to keep it? I'll probably just keep it and be bitter during the intro of Woman's Blues each time since it's OOP and fetching a lot more than $17.50 elsewhere, the difference is night and day from my 1970 pressing in great condition during the rest of the album. This pressing is a keeper only wish I could get another without this weird scuff on one side (yes I cleaned it first). It also had sleeve marks that cleaned off and I find it funny because the hype sticker says "we use the best sleeves"

10. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I've just sent you a message. If you need any help get back to me.

NapalmBrain likes this.
  11. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Great to hear you got another result! That is such a great album - couldn't believe it was in the sale!!!

Tjazz and hutlock like this.
  12. ENelson409

ENelson409 Forum Resident

Went to two Barnes and Nobles after work on Friday and two Barnes and Nobles last night after work. I've had good luck; better on Friday than yesterday. Saw multiplel albums for Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, Allman Brothers, Pink Floyd, Phil Collins, Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Cheap Trick, Diana Krall, the Black Eyed Peas, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie (the recent box and the Berlin Years box), Peter Gabriel, and Willie Nelson. Lots of other single releases. All of the Barnes and Nobles I went to were participating in the sale, with a 50% off section in the vinyl area. One of the cashiers actually stacked my B&N member discount of 10% on the 50% off, by circumventing the system, without me asking for it.

black sheriff, Tjazz and SJP like this.
  13. Flatbubba

Flatbubba Forum Resident

I called 3 local stores and they said they will. not transfer items from one store to another. Tried B&N online help as well and no dice. :(

14. Flatbubba

Flatbubba Forum Resident

How are you getting albums from non-local stores? Are the stores transferring to your your local store? Seems that policy is to not do so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

15. Tjazz

I asked for the store to ship the LP directly to me. $3 shipping charge, free if you are a member.

16. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

You would go to your local store and ask them to ring up the store that has the item to get it manifested to your local store.

17. Tjazz

online, it looks like more titles have been added (2199, I think there were only about 1000 previously) (of course, they may have sold out at most locations)
    Clearance, Music

18. Flatbubba

Flatbubba Forum Resident

Good to know. So the store with the item you want will charge you over the phone? Have you tried more than one store to ship directly to you?

19. Tjazz

Yes. 6, so far. (one store said they don't ship from their store) (Palm Dale said they would only ship to your CC billing address)

20. hutlock

Nope. The website only will let you see 50 pages of search results. So you were only being shown 1,000. There were 2,199 in the listing, you just can’t see them all at once. Still can’t.

21. Tjazz

you can modify the search to show 40 per page

hutlock likes this.
  22. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Most Barnes & Noble's will take payment over the phone particularly during these crazy times. It's in their interest to have your business plus the records are just sitting in the store. They cannot return them so they need to sell them.

23. hutlock

well, I have always been showing 2,100 or so titles, so your guess is as good as mine then.

24. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

is there anyway to see only the "in stock" items?

25. Flatbubba

Flatbubba Forum Resident

Great. That actually did work. Got a Texas store to ship to California. Thanks for the info on that.

Jspmike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.