Barnes & Noble in-store Bl. Fri. music deals?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Black Elk, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover Thread Starter

I posted this in the main Black Friday thread, but just in case it does not get seen there:

Has anyone been to a Barnes & Noble in the last couple of days? Is B&N doing the 40% off all CDs in-store? If so, can you stack with your B&N membership? Is there an additional coupon like we managed to also stack last Black Friday?

My nearest B&Ns do not stock CDs, so don't want to do a 50+ mile round trip for nothing.

2. davers

davers Forum Resident

I was in my local B&N which still has a pretty large music section and didn't notice any general CD sales. The primary sale item was a welcome rack stuffed with CD and movie box sets, listed for 10-30% off. A few examples include Bowie "Loving The Alien", Hendrix "Songs For Groovy Children" and The Replacements "Dead Man's Pop".

3. Black Elk

Thanks for the reply.

Do you happen to remember how much of a discount was on the Hendrix? It's not much on their website.

4. davers

davers Forum Resident

I believe it was in the high $40 range but don't recall the exact amount (each item has a specific discount sticker on it).

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I saw the Hendrix box for 10% off, the only music item in the box set sale bin.

6. Black Elk

Thanks to both of you.

Disappointing. I guess I'll be staying home today then (just as well as we are in the middle of an atmospheric river here).

7. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Sultan Of Snark

The Barnes & Noble Black Friday Music Sale is getting free assistance from a floor salesperson saying, "I think we had some stuffed around there, behind those videos..."

Gianni Ovalsand likes this.
  8. cdash99

cdash99 Forum Resident

All I saw in the 40% rack was a small selection of Sony’s Essential series.

9. Black Elk

Ouch!