Barnes & Noble in-store Bl. Fri. music deals?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Black Elk, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Working on a dream is not part of the sale according to my computer

dee likes this.
  2. dee

dee Senior Member

Thank You.
    So many Springsteen titles, I need that one! :)

Jspmike likes this.
  3. voxstarstream

voxstarstream Forum Resident

I went back and bought 4 more early Floyd titles (I'm surprised they were still there) and ordered a fifth ("Relics") from the warehouse. So I got 6 pre-Dark Side albums for half off - what a deal! Based on what I've read here on the forums, the vinyl re-issues of the early albums sound really good (probably because the master tapes haven't been played to death unlike the later ones).

superstar19, Crazysteve and dee like this.
  4. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

I've been thinking about ordering something that is no longer available locally, but I'm a bit uncertain about the procedure from previous posts. If I understand things correctly, I have 2 options, one is to manifest something to my local store and the second is to inquire about warehouse availability and if it is there, then have them ship it? Here is where I am confused. Is the manifest option the same as transferring inventory from one store to another? And regarding the warehouse option, is the warehouse sending the copy to my local store or is it home delivery? If it is the latter, is there a shipping fee or is it free if over $35 like the website? And how can I be sure that they won't charge me what the price is on the website since the reduced in store prices aren't the same as their online counterparts?

Apologies if this is blatantly obvious and I am not understanding what everyone has been doing. Thanks in advance for any replies.

JasonA and Shawn like this.
  5. Bloom

Bloom You're embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Yeah just go to the store and ask for what you want. They will try to make it happen.

AdamChanSiuLung, dee and Shawn like this.
  6. How do you know what's available at 50% off though? From what I can see, the titles on their web site show the normal price.

slashdot87 likes this.
  7. Bloom

that's where using the massive list that was posted by the BN employee here and seeing what others have bought will be your guide

dee and Shawn like this.
  8. Thanks, I may give it a try. Unfortunately a number of the LPs I've seen others post here as being 50% off are still full price at my local B&N so I'm probably out of luck on those titles but might try for one or two others. Fingers crossed.

9. Bloom

If there is one of them you really want, you may try to see if it rings up 50% off. It's been established these are priced at the warehouse level, not store-to-store. So it's possible that somebody just may not have applied the stickers correctly

dee and Shawn like this.
  10. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

Over the past week I've been in three different Barnes & Noble stores.

The Burlington, MA store has a healthy amount of 50% off vinyl scattered throughout the alphabetical sections, the B&N exclusive section, and a small dedicated display. I didn't really find anything I had to have.

The Natick, MA store had it all separated out in a single, dedicated display. Again, there was a healthy selection. Saw a couple of interesting things but didn't pull the trigger.

The Peabody, MA store had a teeny, tiny little display of vinyl and none of it was labelled 50 off.

Interestingly, if one store had a title for 50 off, the other store did not necessarily have it on sale.

11. dee

dee Senior Member

Saw a Fleetwood Mac boxset today at 50% off. Was busy looking for a few other titles. Plus it was top row and in the back. Would have had to lift it up high. Seemed heavy lol. Too busy enjoying drinking hot chocolate. Didn't want to spill it in the bin! 1 handed shopping, not recommended.
    Don't worry, I was very careful :)

hutlock and Jspmike like this.
  12. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

One store here has 4 Division Bell LP's. I should just ask and see if they can do the discount

hutlock likes this.
  13. davers

davers Forum Resident

By priced at warehouse level do you mean chain-wide? I thought it was based on titles that haven't sold in each particular store.

14. davers

davers Forum Resident

I believe the 30% off CD sale was chain-side. They've had a few such sales in recent years.

Collapsed Lung likes this.
  15. Collapsed Lung

Collapsed Lung Forum Resident

Cool...so, yeah, I don't expect another chain-wide CD sale for a while then.

16. Bloom

I'm saying it's chain wide bc I was able to order items from the warehouse at 50% and have them shipped to my house which wouldn't make sense if it was store-specific.

dee and Jspmike like this.
  17. dee

dee Senior Member

Got me again today.
    Iggy Pop's Post Pop Depression LP.
    Vinyl by Chris Bellman.
    Less than $12 out the door.
    I guess I'm not done yet.

Good thing I love Van Morrison's music but am able to pass on the 4 or 5 21st century double LP titles that Barnes has for sale as well as some of the ones for Neil Young. If not, it'd be hopeless at best. Neil's Tonight's the Night studio and live album were also available though.
    U2's Zooropa still in the bins too. Saw what seeemed like a few restocks of some titles too.
    Possibly some later era Bowie titles are calling...

"People, Hell, and Angels" arrived today and "Lodger" and "Grace Under Pressure" so the in-store pay and mail order has been a big help.

black sheriff and Jspmike like this.
  18. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Having picked up roughly a dozen half-off albums during the first week of the sale, I've kind of laid low of late. Went by a B&N today and found a handful of tempting titles. Bought my PROG magazine and spied a copy of Aimee Mann's Mental Illness pink vinyl without a discount sticker. One peek into this thread confirmed that it was in fact a discounted title and sure enough, it rang up at $11.49.

There are some comments upstream about stores not having the stickered product. Because this is in fact a national sale with the same titles discounted everywhere, the lack of a sticker should not be a deterrent.

black sheriff, dee and Jspmike like this.
  19. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I believe there may be another 30% cd sale starting Thursday and running all weekend. Membership should stack on this sale I think.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    dee, PhantomStranger and jlf like this.
  20. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Curtis Mayfield’s “Superfly” And Jesus & Mary Chain’s “Psychocandy” came into my store today. Both are part of the 50% off sale and both were purchased by me!

CD sale started today!

21. Kym

Kym Former Resident

According to the Barnes & Noble website, it's 30% off "select CDs". Is that true for in-store?

dee and Jspmike like this.
  22. dee

dee Senior Member

Nice!

Jspmike likes this.
  23. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Kym, davers, dee and 1 other person like this.
  24. dee

dee Senior Member

The 50% off vinyl sale scheduled to end the 2nd week of Feb.?

Any new finds????

Bought about 20 records I estimate. I suppose I should check on that or maybe I shouldn't lol. Listened to most. Enjoyed most. A few still in shrinkwrap.

My last in-store order is now sitting in a warehouse since Mon. with a tracking #. Hopefully it gets on its way to me asap.

Have to check a few titles yet like Rush's Signals and some more Bowie.

The Who 3 or 4LP Hyde Park 2015? concert, and with DVD, is only $19.98 with the sale price. Tempting for a completist. The 2LP Endless Wire remaster also at $14.98 with the sale. The remaster includes some nice custom graphic inner LP sleeves with the credits, I think, and lyrics, images, while the original does not. Of course I have the one with the nothing sleeves! But the vinyl is etched by Ray Janos on all sides iirc and is a good quality copy imo.

Triplicate and the other 2 Dylan sings Sinatra titles are also tempting.
    If only they had Christmas in the Heart or Tempest or Time Out of Mind though. Have seen Slow Train Coming and a few other Dylan titles.

superstar19 likes this.
  25. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

so one store has the early Pink Floyd titles still full price while the others are 50% ( not all still stocked). So should the non stickered ones ring up 50%?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.