Barnes & Noble in-store Bl. Fri. music deals?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Black Elk, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Picked up another Floyd remaster now just missing obscured by clouds but don’t know that I feel like heading out again with the super bowl party crazies out

2. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Went to 2 stores today - San Mateo had nothing on sale (no discount stickers at all) which was a bummer since they had a lot of LPs there. And Redwood City has just a small cardboard 4-sided display with only 1/3 of them marked at 50% off. Was debating on getting Foo Fighter's Concrete and Gold, but ended up not buying anything today.

3. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Just made my final sale purchases -

Cassandra Wilson - Coming Forth By Day
    Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters
    Nick Cave - Lovely Creatures
    David Bowie - Next Day
    Tom Morello - Atlas Underground
    Depeche Mode - Exciter, Playing The Angel, Spirit
    Bob Marley - Uprising

I think I'm done!

Tjazz, SJP, superstar19 and 3 others like this.
  4. dee

dee Senior Member

Lovely Creatures and Cassandra Wilson were available. I felt like I had spent enough lol. More than a few intriguing titles (and cross-section of genres) I had not seen before at this store. The Introducing Darlene Love 2LP 16song iirc set was available and tempting. Couldn't get over to store #2 for Triplicate and Zooropa. Left them on the shelf one visit too many times.

Tjazz and Jspmike like this.
  5. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I’ve definitely spent enough! This sale has been a lot of fun and I’ve got some really great vinyl because of it. I wish they’d do something like this again but it feels like a one-off.

dee likes this.
  6. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Fun sale indeed. The (likely true) rumored conclusion today led me to a couple more B&N locations that I had yet to explore. Here is my final day haul...

[​IMG]

dee, davers, Shawn and 5 others like this.
  7. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Great finds! Would have liked all of those myself but have gone completely overboard and had to stop somewhere!

8. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover Thread Starter

Saw the final show of Morello's short tour promoting that album at the legendary Fillmore in SF. One of 2019's stand-out concerts -- more of a multimedia event than a rock show.

9. Yeah this was a nice sale and I bought around 8 titles that I certainly wouldn't have had they been full price. Thanks to all the help provided in this thread!

Jspmike likes this.
  10. Tattooed Headshrinker

Tattooed Headshrinker Accidentally Like A Martyr

Has anyone gone to a B&N today to confirm the 50% is now indeed only 25%? And if so, did you notice any new titles that are 25% off now that were not 50% off before?

Jspmike, dee, Shawn and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I was at work today at my Barnes & Noble! I removed all the 50% stickers and replaced them with 25% stickers. Any new stock we've received is just repeats of what we already have in the store. There are no titles being added to the sale.

Interestingly if you have a B&N membership it can be stacked on top of the 25% (did not work on the 50%).

Also in the instructions for the sale set up we were told not to throw away the 50% off signs because they may be used in the future.

12. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I'd have loved to have seen that show - already hooked on the album even though I just got it yesterday!

13. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

The store I visited had some leftover 50% tags. Nothing added. Didn't see any 25% stickers.

Jspmike and dee like this.
  14. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

That's just another 10% off, correct?

Jspmike likes this.
  15. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Correct - so nowhere near as good as the 50% off. I tried to make sure I got everything I wanted already! There's always that one which got away...

MekkaGodzilla likes this.
  16. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

My B&N store regrets

I should have purchased when I saw them (but didn't---went back they were gone):

Pink Floyd -Ummagumma, Obscured by Clouds (I did get Relics, More and Dance tunes)

RUSH-Power Windows , Fly By Night (I only saw 50% at one store)

davers, superstar19 and Jspmike like this.
  17. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

@dee I just read that Barnes & Noble will close its store at The Walk at University in Coral Springs on Feb. 15

18. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

What about the inventory? Are they moving their stock to other stores?

19. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

A B&N in a high rent area near South Coast Plaza closed a few years ago. They had a mildly interesting sale on certain product but what remained moved out somewhere. It wasn’t a 90% blowout at the end like most closures.

20. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

According to SEC filings, their fiscal year ends at the end of April. Assuming that this hasn’t changed now that they’re private, we can expect to see inventory blowouts through then so that the new owner can start to remake the company.

21. dee

dee Senior Member

oh my, that is bad news. ugh...

black sheriff likes this.
  22. dee

dee Senior Member

They had a stack of the AT-LP60''s at 40% off. Was tempted to grab 1 for a backup...

black sheriff likes this.
  23. dee

dee Senior Member

this store in coral springs did not renew their lease...

24. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

dee likes this.
  25. CowboyBill

CowboyBill Forum Resident

You guys are all lucky. I went to my local BnN and all the records were full blown overpriced as usual. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.