Barnes & Noble in-store Bl. Fri. music deals?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Black Elk, Nov 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kubricker

Kubricker Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow…

Just like we did when I worked at Borders...

2. marcb

marcb Senior Member

More than sort of.

3. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

If the Criterion Sale goes out the window, no reason to shop there for me.

hutlock likes this.
  4. slashdot87

slashdot87 Forum Resident

So, anyone find any good deals on the 25% off list price of albums at B & N? Anything new out there on special?

I've not seen much, if anything.

Anyone who works there, any chance of it jumping up to 50% off again?

SJP and black sheriff like this.
  5. I was in my local B&N On Tuesday and the LP stock looks exactly as it did when I was there last back in Feb. The rest of the store has been reorganized in to what I’d call large pods. But in order to accommodate the space for this new arrangement it seems quite a bit of the books had to go. Sad, as I don’t see how having less stock on hand than before bodes well for success.

lightbulb likes this.
  6. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Perhaps they’re trying to discourage the stores from being used as libraries...?

7. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Miles' soundtrack Miles Ahead
    Talking Book by Wonder

8. I think the exact opposite, based on what an employee told me - those ‘pods’ (three walls of books with one side open) will be housed with chairs once COVID is over.

lightbulb likes this.
  9. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I work at Barnes &the Noble and no new titles have been added to the sale. It was I believe originally going to run until April but they keep on extending the date. There is no word on it going back up to 50% although it would be great if it did. There is a 20% off CD sale from 16 - 19 July.

10. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

is the Cd sale just limited titles ?

all i see on the site is limited stuff , was wondering if stores were different ? thanks !

20% Off Select CDs

11. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

It may be just an in-store offer. Today was my day off so I'll check tomorrow. I believe the offer applies to all CDs including box sets that have a cd/CDs inside them (I scanned all the box sets we had in store just to check).

Davidmk5 likes this.
  12. davers

davers Forum Resident

That was my experience at my local today - all CDs including box sets are on sale. I picked up the 2017 Buffalo Springfield mini-box and a live Rolling Stones CD/DVD set from the '98 Bridges tour.

As I'm sure you know, the 50% Criterion movie sale is still on as well...I picked up Breakfast Club for around $13 with the 10% membership discount added.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    Davidmk5 likes this.
  13. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

awesome ! thanks to Both of you :righton:

davers and Jspmike like this.
  14. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

No problem. Looking at the prices online the CD sale is only working in-store. I ordered a bunch of CD's yesterday from my store - Stevie Nicks, Robyn Hitchcock, Aztec Camera and the Bill Withers box set. It also worked on a couple of pre-orders I did for Tin Machine 2 and The Heads. I believe it would work for the Prince "Sign O The Times" CD set which comes out in September - price would be $128 or around $115 if you have a membership.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  15. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I checked for the Box/Cd i wanted before i headed to the store i went to last night , they are down to maybe 50 cds all together & even less movies , guessing they are totally done with music & movies , the whole back of the store is now all toys , games & kids stuff , i was hoping to do some digging , but they had 1 row of cds at the top of a book case .................. But they had the set i wanted :righton:

Jspmike, longdist01 and hutlock like this.
  16. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

Happy to hear you got what you wanted! Even though your local B&N does not have a good selection you can always order in store and have it shipped to your home to get the sale price. I completely understand though that there is nothing like digging!

Davidmk5 likes this.
  17. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

yeh , i love digging in stores , do you know if stores will ship from a store if they have an item that is not online & it's too far to Drive ?

Jspmike likes this.
  18. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I believe it may be up to the store manager - but if they want the sale then it is in their interest to do so! I know that the store that I work at will do this for a customer and in my experience most stores are happy to help.

Davidmk5 likes this.
  19. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Thanks ! :righton:

Jspmike likes this.
  20. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Went to the Barnes and Noble in Temecula California and they had clearance bin of about maybe 150 albums for 50% off it looks like they are about to remove the vinyl from the stores because I only saw one new album in the regular bins (Fiona Apple's new one Bolt Cutters). I picked up Roger Waters's Is This The Life We Want?, Pink Floyd's Relics and Dave Brubeck's Disney album for $55 total.

21. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I walked into work today at Barnes & Noble and all the records which were 25% off have now gone back up to 50% off. Going through the list of titles we have in store it does not appear that there has been anything added although I did notice a Marianne Faithful box has been added.

Last weekend of the Criterion sale this weekend. If anybody needs help tracking down any Blurays/DVD's let me know.

22. slashdot87

slashdot87 Forum Resident

May have to check it out again.

Tjazz and Jspmike like this.
  23. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

My local B&N started their 50% off this past Wednesday. Was in just looking, killing time and decided to buy an LP I’d been wanting. Nothing was tagged 50% off, although a few were marked 25% off. The record rang up half off, so I went back and grab a few more.

24. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident

I just finished work and picked up Bruce Springsteen's "Magic" and London Grammar's second album. Like with the sale at the beginning of the year the membership will not stack on top I've been told.

davers and Davidmk5 like this.
  25. The Vinyl Lover

The Vinyl Lover Forum Resident

Just picked up Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds best of triple vinyl, great package

Jspmike and black sheriff like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.