Barnes & Noble in store - White Album 6cd Super Deluxe - got for $72

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by RKH1981, Nov 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

I was excited to get the UPS notification on my phone yesterday that my B&N package was delivered. Last night, I got home and opened it to find an 8 disc set from Procul Harum Still There'll Be More: An Anthology 1967-2017.

I called my local store, and they said they had one in stock, and I could exchange it. Didn't want to drive 30 miles to the store, so I decided to call the phone number supplied on the invoice. They apologized, and said they would expedite me another one, and I'd have it Friday. I volunteered to return Procul Harum to the store.

The good:
    -very good customer service.
    -If I were dishonest, this is an invitation to swap for one at the store, and get one in the mail. I'd never do that, plus, they honored a discount that they didn't have to.
    -If mine comes in damaged, I know the local store has one that I can swap for. (see THE BAD)

The bad:
    -Packaging was not stellar. Thin cardboard folding device kinda makes a "box" around it. I don't know how large the Beatles set is, but I hope they use an actual box plus some packaging materials.

2. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

10" x 13" x 1"

spanky1 likes this.
  3. dee

dee Senior Member

There's a 15% off 1 item coupon (via email) and also a 10% off entire order coupon online. Not sure if they can be stacked.

4. darbelob

darbelob Senior Member

Here is my story. I saw the posts, but it was late and I doubted there would be one if I went to the store. However, with coupons, I was able to order one from B&N online for $135, including tax and shipping. It arrived with a big ding in the corner and for that price, I wanted a perfect one. I took it to the local B&N on Wednesday in hopes of an exchange.

Here is why I am bothering to write: somewhat like Spanky’s post above, I was told that a search in their computer showed the store had received two in stock on the 27th, which was Tuesday, the day before. But despite a search by three people for about a half hour, they couldn’t find either one! It sounds a bit like B&N employees are hiding or making off with these things!

They took back the damaged one, ordered one for me, and gave me a note to pick up the undamaged one when it arrives. As mentioned by Spanky above, the folks in store were very nice and professional. Also, I learned this: when I ordered on line, I paid by PayPal. If I had wanted a refund, the store could not have issued it. I would have had to go through the hassle of having to return through UPS. The store only refunds online purchases made with credit card.

5. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/

somewhat unrelated to this topic but ...it's too late in the night here and I can't sleep as I just saw an eBay listing via the "3rd party" sales forum here for "just the discs and nothing else" that sold for $215.50 (after 46 bids)!! :confused: what am I missing? just curious...wasn't sure if I can put the link here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.