Barnes & Noble sales

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Jspmike, Jun 30, 2022.

1. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Today? I'd like Tuscaloosa as a low price purchase.

2. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Yes. They aren't marked as on sale, or otherwise separated out of the rest of the stock. So you have to search based on the lists shared here.

There may be others that are on sale, for all I know, that people just haven't discovered yet.

Jspmike likes this.
  3. Yoitsdmc

Yoitsdmc Well-Known Member

Thanks I was able to pick up Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Return to Greendale for $5!

Thesmellofvinyl, Jspmike and mur like this.
  4. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

I went to one today and didn’t see much. They did have a copy of the recent John Lennon/POB album marked down 75%. I was hoping it would ring up at $5 but no such luck - closer to $18. (I already have it but there’s a blemish causing some tics on the bonus LP that I’d like to have replaced. I can deal…)

They also had a handful of albums entirely out of shrink wrap, including a Tone Poet and a Verve Acoustic Sounds LP. I was hoping that the guy at Customer Service would cut me a deal. His idea of a deal was 20% which I took a pass on.

5. There was a dedicated small section for the clearance $5 LPs at my local store. It had precisely four LPs in it, none of which I can even remember.

Thesmellofvinyl and mur like this.
  6. mch007

mch007 Forum Resident

Picked up for $5 each after surprising 2 cashiers and the Manager

U2 - Songs of Experience (2LP Colored)
    David Crosby - Lighthouse (B&N Exclusive Colored)

How long this sale is going to last?

Tjazz and Jspmike like this.
  7. Jspmike

Jspmike Forum Resident Thread Starter

From my limited understanding the sale is ongoing.

8. Jspmike

All Arrow movies are 50% off starting 9th January 2024 at Barnes & Noble. Some movies they have released recently are Warriors, Barbarella, Witness and Carlito's Way.

9. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I hit up a different B&N today, further from my house, while my wife was shopping. Found a few more things from the above lists, and a few things I hadn't seen mentioned before as well:

Ringo Starr - Ringo's Rotogravure $5
    Johnny Marr - Fever Dreams Pts 1-4 $5
    Liz Phair - Soberish $5
    ZZ Top - Rio Grande Mud $5
    Keith Richards - Main Offender $5
    Cheap Trick - In Another World $5
    Dawes - Good Luck with Whatever $5

Plus:

Bob Dylan - Triplicate (limited numbered edition in "vintage style case") - 75% off ($28.25)
    Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup 4 LP Set (1/2 speed mastered plus Brussels Affair) - 75% off ($31.25)

I've had Brussels Affair digitally since it was first offered and on sale for something like 25 cents if I remember correctly. But this is the first I've owned it on vinyl.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
    mur, JasonA, mch007 and 4 others like this.
  10. spotlightkid

spotlightkid Senior Member

Got Return To Greendale for $5 this morning.

mur, fmfxray373 and Jspmike like this.
  11. mch007

mch007 Forum Resident

I wonder how are you guys knowing which titles are clearance titles apart from the lists posted here or other forums.

12. tumbledweeb

tumbledweeb Forum Resident

Anyone have the app? Do the sales prices show up on it?

13. mch007

mch007 Forum Resident

Made a quick stop to the same store I visited last Sunday while returning from work. They now have a $5 last chance bin with 75+ LPs (some duplicates). They had ‘cheap’ stickers.

Picked up

Blinded by the Light (soundtrack B&N exclusive orange) - this was not there in the bin.
    Sting - The Bridge (B&N exclusive white) - was in the bin

Elvis Costello’s Hey Clockface was there in the bin. Don’t think this was mentioned before.
    Don’t remember too many titles as I was looking for Sting.

Jspmike and mur like this.
  14. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

I spot checked a few titles, and none of the clearance prices show up in the app.

Jspmike and tumbledweeb like this.
  15. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Didn't show up on the app for me either. Full price even for ones with 25% or 50% off stickers

Jspmike likes this.
  16. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

I went to two Barnes and Noble but they were cleaned out earlier I think…from the little I found: key seems to be if they have the 50% off sticker they are $5.

Jspmike likes this.
  17. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I don't think that's univerally true. I took a Neil Young album that had a 50% off sticker on it up to the customer service counter, and it showed up as 50% off. Not $5.

I'm starting to think it varies from store to store as well, which complicates things further.

Jspmike likes this.
  18. Jspmike

The prices should be the same at all stores. The current sale is a little complicated as select records are 25% and others 50%. You then have the clearance vinyl (I may have cracked the code on this - if a records original retail price was under $50 it is $5, if it was over $50 then it will be marked as 75% off). I'm guessing that for some stores the music department is a lesser priority and they don't have the man hours to give to stickering all the sale vinyl (it took me most of my shift to do it in my store as I kept on getting called away to help customers on the first day of the sale). What is also confusing is that with quite a lot of albums there are different variants - a colored vinyl may be in the sale but the black edition may be full price. If anybody needs any help let me know.

I should just add that jazz vinyl is 10% off and jazz CD's are 20% off at the moment.

19. jayceman

jayceman Forum Resident

FYI, fun while it lasted, but the party's over--
    All the previous Barnes and Noble $5 records are back up to regular price -
    I stopped at a store and found some listed here and also some I bought previous, and all scanned at regular price on their App. Google Shopping confirmed they weren't at the $5 price as well.

20. Jspmike

I understood that the sale was ongoing. I did check one record in the sale yesterday and it was definitely still on clearance when I looked it up on my store computer. My store certainly has them all stickered at the clearance price as I would be the one changing the prices. You have me worried - I will double check when I'm next in work on Tuesday (my store is closed today due to the inclement weather).

grouploner likes this.
  21. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Yesterday, Saturday January 13, I found two records that were reported here on this thread as being on sale for $5. I had a sales clerk scan the LPs and both came up full price. The albums in question were Paul McCartney’s ‘McCartney III Imagined’ and Pete Townshend's ‘Classic Quadrophenia’.

22. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

Well, there were some new titles marked at 50% off at my local B&N. I picked up the following with that discount:

David Crosby - For Free (exclusive B&N fruit punch colored lp)
    Neil Young - Citizen Kane Jr Blues
    John Prine - Sweet Revenge, Pink Cadillac, and Bruised Orange (all cut by Kevin Gray)

There was also a handful of records marked at $5, but nothing that interested me.

23. japes

japes Senior Member

Can you combine the membership discount with this sale?

24. Jspmike

The 10% membership discount doesn't usually work during the Arrow 50% off sale but I must admit I have not checked in this latest sale. You should definitely earn rewards for any purchases. I was not expecting the membership saving to work on the 50% off vinyl sale but I did check out a few people who purchased the Smashing Pumpkins "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" and I was shocked that it took the 10% off. $45 for that set was a great deal!

wza97 likes this.
  25. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

You don't have to look too hard to find discounted copies of the McCartney release.