Barry Gibb Mythology Tour Thread (Bee Gees)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by belushipower, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belushipower

belushipower Forum Resident Thread Starter

Barry's voice was incredible. Strong and breathy in the quiet songs and ballads and...as ridiculously high and hitting all the right notes in the falsetto numbers.

2. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Very good to hear!

3. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

It's sad Robin and Maurice isn't here to take part of this, they would be over the moon about it. I honestly think they would rank this higher than their CBEs. One of the last pieces, if not the very last, that Robin wrote and demoed was reminiscing about their younger days living in Australia.

4. belushipower

207371_493749810685021_2083587779_n.jpg

Barry visits his old school in Scarborough, QLD.
    My wife says "he's like a big teddy bear you just want to cuddle up to!"

JeffMo likes this.
  5. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Thanks Belusipower for all the great coverage of this tour. I especially enjoyed seeing the set lists and reading your concert reviews.

6. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

wow, a pretty amazing setlist, worth paying some $ to see for suuurrre. I consider myself a Barry fan, truly some great songwriting in their heyday and impressive to the Fabs as well. Oh, to hang out in that clique circa 1967...drool....

7. Cloudbuster

Cloudbuster Forum Resident

He'll be doing a few dates in the UK later this year. Tickets go on sale this coming Friday, 26th April.

This autumn Barry will continue his Mythology Tour in the UK., performing songs from his illustrious career. Starting in Birmingham on Saturday 21st September at the LG Arena, then Wednesday 25th. of September, Dublin the O2. Manchester on 29th September at the Arena and treading the boards at London's O2 on October 3rd. Tickets go on sale this Friday 26th. of April Barry has designed the tour as a salute to his brothers creating what is sure to be an emotional journey as he draws from every era of their timeless catalogue and huge international success achieved by The Bee Gees. Barry has just completed the Mythology Tour in Australia where he performed at sold out venues including the Entertainment Centre in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne. With a career that has spanned more than five decades, Barry Gibb stands as one of the most prolific singer, song-writer and producer's of the modern era. The tour will feature his incredible band that includes Barry Gibb's son, guitarist/vocalist, Stephen, Maurice's daughter, Samantha and Beth Cohen.

http://www.brothersgibb.org/news.html

8. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

oh I hope he's coming to the USA

rstamberg likes this.
  9. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

Wishing here as well.

10. antonkk

antonkk Senior Member

What a killer set list!

11. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

He's playing the O2 Dublin on the 25th September. Must check that out.

12. Jon Busey-Hunt

Jon Busey-Hunt Forum Resident

If he comes to the US, people will FREAK.

13. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I would so be there!!!

14. ferdinandhudson

Word is that there won't be any more dates than these for this year but the tour will resume next year.

Since I have no idea what future dates and places in Europe will be I'm aiming for London, if possible I might add Manchester. Would be nice if he hit Copenhagen next year but chances for that are slim.

15. belushipower

and it continues...​
    Mythology Tour UK 2013​
    Sat 21 Sep 2013: Birmingham LG Arena

Sun 29 Sep 2013: Manchester Arena

Thu 3 Oct 2013: London The O2

16. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I hope he is recording some of these shows for the rest of us!

17. belushipower

I heard they recorded the first Sydney show for dvd release...

18. ferdinandhudson

I'm booked for Manchester... :D

19. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Pre-sale on Wednesday. Got mine. Tickets go on sale at 9am later today. Optimum standing arrangement in the O2 for some reason. Given the (expected) age profile of the audience a fully seated show would have been the better option IMO.

20. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

There has been a high bar set by Belushipower, so if you want to keep your forum "Bee Gees Top Fan" title you need to provide us with some excellent reviews!

ferdinandhudson likes this.
  21. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

Ill attempt to get a ticket at the weeekend. Thanks for the info.

22. ferdinandhudson

LOL. Won't make any guarantees. Looks like it will attract a number of my fellow collector friends and I fear the outcome... I should probably take a later flight home! ;) :D

23. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

I flew to see him in Sydney and I'll see him ten minutes away from my house (The O2) as well. Good year to see Macca, Stones, Beach Boys, CSN and Gibb! Just need Bowie and I've seen the lot in 12 months!

theMess likes this.
  24. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Hey Raph, good to see you on here again. I was playing a Bee Gees Extended mix cd the other day in the car and thought of you. Any word on your next batch of those - I recall "Subway" and some other '76 era songs were under consideration.

25. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

Hey dude,

Thanks! Still would love to get my hands on the mid seventies stuff including Subway which is my fave song of all time. Alas, I'm limited by what's out there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.