"Batman" (Adam West TV show) on DVD Update

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John DeAngelis, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

https://www.batmanondvd.com/big1/

You get season one and part one of season two, Adam West Naked on DVD and Batman The Movie on DVD. I bought the complete blu-ray set for $179.00 and did the 5 payments of $35.99 and I have been pleased with it. Once the replacement discs are here I will be 100% satisfied.

2. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

I got the regular Blu-ray set at Barnes and Noble for $97, thanks to one promotion (40 percent off) on top of another one (25 percent off), plus a 10 percent membership discount.

Scope J likes this.
  3. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Some of my discs refuse to play on my computer but will play in a regular DVD player. Anyone else having this issue?

4. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

I have the Blu-ray set, not the DVD set, and none of the discs would play on an external Blu-ray drive I have connected to my computer, but I think that was attributable to the software I use for Blu-ray playback and not the drive itself. Kept getting an error that the software needed an update, but when I attempted to download and install the update, it didn't seem to be taking. Haven't really had the time or inclination to debug it any further as I rarely watch movies on physical media on my computer.

Groovy likes this.
  5. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Thanks, Dave, I appreciate your input.

6. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

I don't know if this has been brought up, but there's quite a few typos in the English subtitles, such as missing words and several references to the "cape crusaders."

7. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Haven't you heard ? Spelling no longer matters. On the internet, in subtitles, just about anywhere.
    All writing can now look like the product of a drunken stroke victim, and we're supposed to accept it.

Vidiot, jtiner, Mark Nelson and 2 others like this.
  8. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

Your right!

jriems, mj_patrick, Alan G. and 3 others like this.
  9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I've never taken the advice of the illiterate myself, but that's just me. :shrug:

10. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

Just saw another typo in Season 2's "The Penguin Declines"-5:21

Henchman: "The Batmobile's gone too, from outside. The clam could haven't eaten that." :p

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

That's an insult to all drunken stroke victims who can spell! :)

MarkTheShark likes this.
  12. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

Had a look at several Season 3 eps... So much wrong, my attention was easily diverted.
    a) The stage sets that looked like sets.
    b) One part episodes that were just ok (the King Tut and Riddler eps were still very good), and the excruciatingly dull Londinium three-parter.
    c) The weak stories, such as Joker wanting to be king of the surf.
    d) The two-parters with tension-free "cliffhangers." (Guess the budget cuts didn't allow for those elaborate Dynamic Duo eliminators)
    e) The extremely poor comic timing in the Shame episode.
    f) The shortened extro music, omitting some brilliant Hal Blaine drumming from Seasons 1 and 2.
    But I didn't mind Batgirl. Her "little Pengy" to Penguin was super cute.
    Funny how Adam West's name in the ending credits for Season 3 are much bigger than those of the others.

13. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member

Another observation. It's also funny how Commissioner Gordon goes back and forth in calling Bruce Wayne "Bruce" and "Mr. Wayne" from episode to episode. Continuity issues?

14. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Well, because they were kicking out two episodes a week the first two years, I'm surprised that the paint was even dry on some of the sets when they were filming, let alone worrying about little continuity issues. :D

15. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

I'm playing with my batmobile tonight.

16. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

And you look so cute doing it!

Did Santa bring you lots of other toys too?

[​IMG]

:D

17. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Anyone hear anything about the discs? I just ran into the Marsha episode in season 2.

18. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

JamieC - here's the link from another page in this thread: http://www.shipment-service.com/batman66/

19. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

I bought the 1st season at Barnes and Noble last weekend and I've been digging it ever since. I've just finished the Joker Goes to School 2-parter, and I couldn't help but bursting out with laughter at Robin's corny tough-talk in the candy shop. While my favorite versions of Batman are still the Animated Series and Batman Beyond (both of which I grew up with), I still find the 60's show and the movie to be fine pieces of entertainment. I'm really looking forward to purchasing the next 2 seasons.

20. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Who among us will be the first to get the replacement discs? Should we start a pool?

22. Hard Panner

Hard Panner Baroque Popsike & Fuzz

Has anybody bought a DVD or Blu-Ray set with a corrected disc in it?

23. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

The only set that will come with a corrected Marsha episode in it is the retail version of Season Two Part One on DVD.

24. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Damn! I hate when they split seasons! cash grab!

25. Most of the corrections are already up on the streaming UV digital copies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.