BBC Mrs. Wilson

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Pastafarian, Dec 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastafarian

Pastafarian Forum Resident Thread Starter

I saved this thread for the end of this 3 part series, the acting and drama is first class but I had some concern it would all fizzle out to a meh ending, as this story is real.

The striking thing about this drama is that actress Ruth Wilson is playing her grandmother Alice Wilson in a story that's haunted her family since the 60s.

When Alice's husband died it became clear nobody seems to have know what and who he was, I can guarantee it doesn't fizzle at the end, fantastic drama.

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  2. Derek Slazenger

Derek Slazenger Specs, rugs & rock n roll

I'll check it out. Thanks :)

3. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I saw her on the Graham Norton Show last week promoting this and her upcoming return to Luther. Looking forward to seeing Mrs. Wilson!

4. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I thought it was going to get boring also but it turned out to be pretty good. I was reading up on Alec Wilson on Wikipedia and it's still hard to figure out whether he was working as a spy all that time or he was just a scumbag with four wives and seven kids. You would think the latter based on everything that's available but for some reason the British secret intelligence service still classified his actions from 1942 so who knows. The movie does change the fact that in reality Alison didn't know about the third wife Dorothy.

MoonPool likes this.
  5. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Excellent show. Very well done, I enjoyed it.

Was Alice at the reunion at the end of the show?

MoonPool likes this.
  6. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I didn't see her at first but Ruth Wilson seems to be the one in the back row, towards the left, standing between/behind the two women with light blue and white shirts:

[​IMG]

deadbirdie likes this.
  7. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I enjoyed it!

8. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Now I see her! Went by too quickly live.

RK2249 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.