BBQ Rained Out - Music shopping scores

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Uncle Al, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member Thread Starter

On Long Island (and in the entire Northeast) the holiday weekend was left wanting - - it has been cool, cloudy and rainy since Wednesday. Monday was the "peak" of the bad weather here, absolute downpours.

So the wife got called in to work - no problem, but my more "scheduled" occupation left me home with nothing to do..... except shop.

Got some good vinyl today.........

The Band - Big Pink Capitol Rainbow, and S/T (#2) Capitol Green Target
    Beatles - AHDN soundtrack UA mono black label (it looks black to me even though SOME people claim it to be brown..)
    Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper - Live Adventures (Columbia second issue - not the "360 Sound" label).
    Monkees - More of the Monkees (original Colgems stereo - mono was available BUT I never really heard this in stereo - believe it or not - my original copy was mono).
    Ringo - Ringo. To replace a sadly used copy. LP is a little LESS beat up then the one I have, but the cover is nice.

$34.00 flat for the lot. Listening party (of one :( ) starts now).

2. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

My son and I are watching the Star Trek SCI-FI Marathon on the Sci-Fi Channel.

We both watched Star Trek: Nemesis on dvd the other day. I told him Star Trek dates back to when I was his age and used to be a TV show.

He's really enjoying the multiple episodes.

3. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member Thread Starter

Hey John - I'm sure we'll meet again!

BTW - I watched Nemeses day before yesterday and thought it was awesome. One of the best N.G. movies (the best IMHO). I know you are dealing with this screwed up weather in "Messed-up-pizza" just like me - - we all have to find our way through a rained out major holiday.

My double drag is that I am spending it pretty much alone.

Ahhh well - July 4th is around the corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.