Beatles 1 vinyl....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rpd, Oct 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpd

rpd Senior Member Thread Starter

I own Beatles 1 on vinyl. Isn't this ridiculous...excpet that I guess I am addicted to anything Beatles????

2. GMav

GMav Senior Member

Not ridiculous at all.

3. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

:laugh:

if the most embarrassing thing you have in your library is a vinyl 'Beatles 1' then you're way ahead of most of the human race.

but not me. I, however, own NOTHING of which I am ashamed. :D my collection is perfect.

which gives me the authority to grant absolution. :angel:

go in peace, my son.

4. reidc

reidc Senior Member

OK- now for the obvious- How's it sound???

I never bought the CD after hearing the horror stories- but I have seen the vinyl. Thought I just saw it for $30 or something like that. I can't imagine a HUGE improvement over CD :(

Chris

5. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Not pathetic at all! I want a copy actually just because it looks so cool and because of the incredible Avedon inserts.

6. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam

I have it, never played it...go figure! From what I understand, the the analog play back of the vinyl, dose't help!

7. fjhuerta

fjhuerta New Member

Being ashamed or yourself means owning a "Smurfs" mint LP... not a Beatles "1" :p

8. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I've got the vinyl and have played it and friends, save yourself the time. Any improvements over the CD are very small. The no-noising was used to excess and analog playback just doesn't help with this one IMO. The vinyl is pretty quiet though.

Now if you have the Wingspan or the 30th anniversary All Things Must Pass vinyl LP's, that's another story. Some of the material on both of those is improved.

9. Damián

Damián Forum Hall Of Fame

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. rpd

rpd Senior Member Thread Starter

I am in the same boat....

11. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I also have it and have never played it.

12. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

I've got one, played it out of curiosity...haven't played it again. But yes, a nice package.

:ed:

13. Brian J

Brian J Forum Resident

It is a great package and yes, I have played it, once. It sounded good by me. I'm a Beatles fan, but don't focus on quality as some of you folks do.

I came across the vinyl version and my 11 year old daughter says, "Dad, buy it, so I can have the CD".

How can the "old man" say no to that?

Brian

14. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Not ridiculous I have two copies of it.

15. Vintage Season

Vintage Season Active Member

Brought a tear to my eye... I can only hope to be so proud of my own daughter, some day. :D

- M.

16. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

I have the early pressing of it bought the first day of its release in UK. It sounds really awesome in my system.

17. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Now THAT'S news, since the ATMP remaster is one of the most hated CDs in recent forum history! I have the vinyl but never even opened it -- can you give us some more thoughts on the quality of the vinyl release?

Sean Murdock

18. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Sounds like it has that "in your face" personality???? :eek:

19. reidc

reidc Senior Member

I think its great that children and younger teens listen and have an appreciation for NON-Rap and Non-Hip Hop!

One of my 18 yr old twins loves classic rock, and I actually caught the other twin listening to Neil Diamond!!!

You need to teach your daughter about the "Facts of Life pertaining to music and no-noise" :D

Chris

20. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Me too. :D Granted I've only listened to one copy once. I have plenty of other UK LPs to not bother with "1". BUT, my impression was that it was better than the CD (I know that is not much to say).

21. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Less harshness, still a bit bright but some tracks benefit better than others.

Compare "Another Day" from Wingspan CD v.s. vinyl and that will give you a good idea.

I dumped my CD's of both titles and held on to the vinyl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.