Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monte4

monte4 Senior Member

I've got a new sealed mono Revolver (should be here later this week) coming from a Vendor I deal with on Discogs from here in Canada for under $50 Can.

2. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I've never found Revolver a particularly satisfying recording on any format. I think a case of ambition exceeding technology and knowhow at this stage. I also believe it is difficult or impossible to remix properly. Though digital and computers may have changed the situation.

Big Blue and Man at C&A like this.
  3. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I love the way Revolver sounds. But Im hoping that Giles cuts his teeth on one more Beatles remix (Peppers I hated and The Beatles I like about 85%) and then tackles Rubber Soul and Revolver remixes.

4. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I wouldn't change Rubber Soul, wonky stereo mixes and all. I love the sound of that album and until the mono box only had known the original 1965 stereo mix for well over 20 years. I've always liked it. Revolver could do with more clarity places.

5. jamiesjamies

jamiesjamies Forum Resident

I wish they would repress them.... on coloured vinyl!

Neonbeam likes this.
  6. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

That’s not fair to a music collector. Hunting down rare items and buying stuff for “investment” is kind of what collecting is all about. For nearly 20 years, I bought doubles of many Beatles related releases to keep one sealed. Except for DCC Gold CD's and a few other exceptions, most probably aren't worth what I originally paid for them. But it was fun collecting them.

Jerry Horne, canonlon and Big Blue like this.
  7. ispace

ispace Senior Member

You are not alone, but not every collector who finds a rare item will speculatively buy it hoping to make a profit. Instead, some will generously share good deals with other members. If we encourage this behaviour, the forum will be more vibrant and will allow more members to experience the music rather than a lucky few.

bluejimbop likes this.
  8. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

Revolver and RS can both be had for $20 on Amazon.

Former Lee Warmer and ispace like this.
  9. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

As a side note - I set up my dad's turntable for him on Boxing Day (it had been in storage for years) and played his copy of the mono Sgt. Pepper (1967 pressing) vs an Australian stereo copy he had from the blue box. He was blown away by how much better the mono sounded compared to the stereo. Something a lot of us take for granted, but it's fun to re-introduce people to the Beatles mono catalogue.

10. monte4

monte4 Senior Member

At Amazon Canada? I don't think so. Maybe Amazon in the U.S. Then there would be currency exchange of 30% plus heavy shipping charges.

11. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

Amazon Canada
    Revolver mono LP = $36.79 (CDN)
    Rubber Soul mono LP =$27.49 (CDN)

12. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

Amazon Canada has the white album and mono masters mono LP’s still in stock as well

13. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

I’ve been collecting records for fifty years.
    I buy nothing for investment.
    I buy ‘em to play ‘em.
    Weird?
    Maybe.
    I do understand collecting for collecting sake and keeping things sealed. I do think it’s kinda weird though.
    Different strokes for different folks ...

14. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I agree with you. Enjoy them. If they happen to be worth something and decide to sell because you know longer want them, great. I’ve sold things that I regret selling. Can’t go back now.

15. Former Lee Warmer

Former Lee Warmer Emotional Rescue

A buddy bought 'em both from a local brick n mortar a couple weeks ago.

Store owner said they weren't NOS - "they're back in print", he said.

16. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Good. How many Peppers did he have in stock?

17. Former Lee Warmer

Former Lee Warmer Emotional Rescue

1 remix

18. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

saborlord123 likes this.
  19. MothMonsterMan

MothMonsterMan I am a moth who just wants to eat your flag

Yeah, my pressing is too goddamn quiet too!

20. jamiesjamies

jamiesjamies Forum Resident

Lol. I know what you mean but I do like items like that, collectible rather than audiophile. Now if I had an amazing system that would be a different story!

21. lawz

lawz Well-Known Member

22. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

23. danielkov86

Yeah I bought it! Thanks for sharing! :D

cwitt1980 and lawz like this.
  24. danielkov86

Also, sorry if this is inappropriate for this forum, but I wanted to see if anybody was interested in a trade. Of the 2014 mono series, I'm looking for Beatles For Sale and Help.

For possible trade, I have:
    With The Beatles (still sealed)
    Rubber Soul
    Revolver
    White Album

Trade would be one album for one album. If interested, send me a message. Thanks.

25. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I am surprised a Gort did not get to your post yet to ask you to do this, but you are suppose to list any Music CDs, Vinyl Records, etc. For Trade in the Wanted to Buy/Trades Part in the Classifieds Section, so just open up a Thread on there as 'FT'

Not sure why anyone would trade their harder to find Mono Titles for ones(with exception of your copy of 'With The Beatles') still available that can be bought at regular price on Amazon or found in most Record Stores, but good luck with it.

Keep an eye out on 'Beatles for Sale' & 'Help' Mono Copies on Discogs and Ebay, and you might find one at a 'decent' price on there. A few Russian Sellers seem to sell at the lowest price on Discogs last time I checked. One of them(forget the Name) has a great reputation as a Seller of the Box Set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.