Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

I forgot to add MMT to that list.

Sorry, I'll post in the other forum.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  2. lawz

lawz Well-Known Member

3. Big Blue

Big Blue Forum Resident

Yeah, Help! is the one I am most interested in having that I don't have already, and it seems I am not the only one who feels that way...

4. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

mpayan likes this.
  5. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Remember that Help in mono is not that great! Side 1 sounds a bit muffled and flat. Side 2 is better. Exactly as the 1st UK LP is.
    No definitive mix of Help exists.

6. Alex Zabotkin

I prefer the original stereo "tube cut" (-1/-1). :righton:

Man at C&A and Somerset Scholar like this.
  7. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

I do too. Like to play both though. Fingers crossed we get a truly great remix sometime in the future.

8. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

I didn't realize until recently that most of the Beatles albums were decently mixed in stereo. The only ones that had the annoying right-channel-vox/left-channel-instruments mixes were PPM, WTB and RS.

9. MusicFan57

MusicFan57 Forum Resident

Kicking myself for not buying these when they were available. I'm very surprised by the albums that are still available. Definitely not what I would have thought. I figured Pepper would be the first to go, but I really thought the White Album would have been next, especially with it being numbered. I found two at Barnes N Noble right before Christmas (seems Amazon and some other places are out, although you can still get them). Never would have guess Rubber Soul and Revolver would be the last stragglers to go. Makes no sense to me, but lucky for me they are still around. Last thing I can still get retail is Mono Masters on vinyl and then that's it, other than 3rd party sellers, trying to make 4-6 times the original cost!

mpayan likes this.
  10. There was a posting in the classifieds recently with a bunch of mono titles at reasonable prices

11. MusicFan57

I haven't been a member here long enough to have access to the classifieds. I had read in one thread where a moderator told a guy to put his post in the classifieds and thought I was losing my mind, as I couldn't find a classified thread! lol Then I found the thread that told me why! I hope and pray something will be left by the time I'm able to view it. The Ebay prices are just out of control! "I know it cost $20 last year, but now I want $150!"

12. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

[​IMG]
    Beatles Mono Masters Vinyl Box Set

13. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Around the holidays a few years ago, the entire mono LP box could be purchased for under $150 from MusicVaultz in Canada. What a glorious time it was!

14. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

That’s when I bought mine. I had already purchased the essential titles (Pepper, White Album, Mono Masters) but couldn’t pass up the full box at that price. Very glad to have grabbed it. The book alone is worth $50 or so...

15. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I think you just need to have a certain number of Posts to have access to start to Buy & Sell in the Classified Sections here. Forget the number of Posts, but was either 25 or 50-IIRC.
    Although, if you are seeking the Hard to Find Mono Titles, the one that rarely show up here will still fetch a high price but maybe a little lower than copies on Discogs and Ebay, but you need to have good timing viewing the Classifieds, as any item sold for a Great price here will sell fast. If you want Sgt. Peppers, maybe look for a Bid Auction on Ebay for a copy in NM Condition, but a New/Sealed Copy were selling for $150 or more last time I checked a few months ago. Or you might want to wait a few years to see if Supply is higher than Demand, as more people might sell off their extra copies. It is a Seller's Market now though for some of the 2014 Mono Titles.

A few of the Jethro Tull Book Box Sets are selling for a lot now on Discogs & Ebay(Songs From the Wood is $200+ with Shipping on Ebay, and I would sell off my copy for that much money to pay for other Music I want to buy).

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  16. Alex Zabotkin

17. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

I bought my best friend a copy from that sale. Let's just say that that it was fun being Santa Claus that year!

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  18. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

If you are seeking out anymore Best Friends:

I need a brand new friend who doesn't bother me
    I need a brand new friend who doesn't trouble me
    I need someone, yeah, who doesn't need me
    But Will Buy Me a Few Nice Music Box Sets

The last line for some reason was left off of 'Hyacinth House'-The Doors

notesofachord likes this.
  19. MusicFan57

I haven't seen a mono book for sale lately, but I did get lucky and pick up the Stereo book from ebay. That books is absolutely incredible, especially some of the pictures in the Please Please Me section. Probably the coolest book I own. Anyone that didn't buy the Stereo Vinyl box set, I highly recommend this book. It is of the highest quality and just amazing. Not sure why people sell them, but I'm very thankful they choose to.

andrewskyDE and Alex Zabotkin like this.
  20. Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac Zooropa... better by design

The stereo and mono book are different? I have both sets but opened the stereo book.

21. BlackCircleVinyl

BlackCircleVinyl Forum Resident

I’ve been following this thread for almost a year and kicking myself for not buying more titles when they were on the shelves a few years back. I refuse to pay big money for the one’s I don’t own and consider myself lucky to have The White Album, Sgt Peppers, Rubber Soul and Revolver. However, today I was looking through a small but well curated selection of vinyl that my local Hi-Fi store carries and came across A Hard Day’s Night for $45NZD ($30USD), new and sealed. I was surprised and elated! One more for my collection at a very fair price. At this rate I’ll have the complete set by early 2025...

22. Clark V Kauffman

Yes, entirely different. Tons of pictures of EMI tape boxes and promotional materials in the mono book. Different design and text, too. None of the stereo book’s elegant spot-varnish on the photos, however.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  23. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

A store decided to break up a stereo box and sell the records individually. They sold me the book for $16!

24. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Way cool!:cool:

AnalogJ likes this.
  25. Clark V Kauffman

Bargain of the year!

AnalogJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.