Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

The only ones I was interested in were HELP! and TWA. I snagged HELP! a few years back but missed the boat on TWA. Damn.

MusicFan57 likes this.
  2. MusicFan57

MusicFan57 Forum Resident

You can still get the White Album for retail from acoustic sounds.

3. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Good to know!

I just wanted the mixes that weren't originally available in the US, and those two pretty much filled the bill.

Thanks for the tip!

via_atx likes this.
  4. whatgoesonvinyl

whatgoesonvinyl Active Member

What was the name of the shop where you saw the Sgt. Pepper LP? I'd like to call them and see if they still have it available. Thanks!

5. redflag

redflag Forum Resident

I'm not thrilled with these going out of print, but I am happy that I got what I consider to be the core 4 (Pepper, Rubber Soul, Revolver, and Hard Days Night) when I could. I guess RS and Revolver are still around for 20 ish dollars. But, I don;t see a reason why a second pressing wouldn't be worth doing. Those of us who missed out on some titles would get a second chance and the people who buy 16 of everything could buy another 16. Win win.

groovelocked and MusicFan57 like this.
  6. alcheung

alcheung Forum Resident

The store was a stereo store called liptons in newmarket ontario. Another member had already asked so i don't know if its still there

7. Tyler Chastain

Tyler Chastain Forum Resident

8. attym

attym Forum Resident

There was a time, not too long ago that Bullmoose had a mono box for half off. I passed since I have all the albums expect PPM.

One of my few regrets.

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  9. whatgoesonvinyl

Thanks for the info. As you said might be the case, I called them and it was already spoken for.

MusicFan57 likes this.
  10. whatgoesonvinyl

Anyone have any idea whether these LPs are likely to be repressed? There's clearly a huge demand for some of these! I don't know if they would have to go through the transfer/mastering process all over again or if they can just press more.

Trying to decide whether to seek out Sgt. Pepper or just go for the 2017 stereo mix and hold out for another mono repress someday.

PS I'm new to posting on this forum, but I've been following it for a while. So, hi!

11. MothMonsterMan

MothMonsterMan I am a moth who just wants to eat your flag

Hi and welcome. There are some that contend that there will be a repressing any day now. The general consensus however, and I find myself in this latter camp, is that this is unlikely to happen before the 75th( if not 100th) anniversary.

I've got all the 2014 mono' s sans PPM and Pepper. I have the '17 2 LP Pepper and it sounds very good to me. The '14 mono is probably better. Maybe some day I'll be able to compare but for now I'm quite happy with what I have.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  12. OptimisticGoat

OptimisticGoat Everybody's escapegoat....

Welcome whatgoesonvinyl ! FWIW I have been assessing the arguments in favour of a mono re-press against those arguing it won't happen and educating myself. I agree with MothMonsterMan. Even if there is a reissue, it is likely to be sourced form digital rather than Analog like the 2014s it seems (and eventually digital has to be the way forward - its already that way with the Stones).

whatgoesonvinyl likes this.
  13. MusicFan57

Me too. The guy said, "Didn't you already call here this morning??" lol Oh well, a day late and a dollar short. I did receive "With The Beatles" mono yesterday, new, sealed, hype sticker, sharp corners, for $30. A forum member on another thread provided the link. Was hoping for a repeat with Pepper,
    but like you said, someone beat us to it. That store must be thinking, why did 50 people call us today about 1 record that's been sitting here for 4 years??? lol

14. whatgoesonvinyl

Haha, I didn't consider that! Must've been a weird day for them. It was worth a try! Hopefully there will be another lead sometime soon. Right now I've got Revolver, which sounds fantastic. The White Album and (hopefully) Magical Mystery Tour are on the way. Will probably pick up Rubber Soul soon, too. Been collecting records for like 10 years and somehow slept on these. Still holding out hope on Sgt. Pepper, though!

MusicFan57 likes this.
  15. MusicFan57

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself. We could have gotten these so cheap! I have WTB, BFS, RS, Revolver, TWA and Mono Masters, so obviously need the rest.
    Unfortunately, they are getting priced higher and higher. Yeah, hopefully we'll get some more leads! Good luck!

Echoes Myron likes this.
  16. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

As said in this thread earlier, MusicVaultz was selling the mono LP box for under $150, even cheaper with
    their coupon. Heck, Crate and Barrel was selling the mono Sgt. Pepper for $12 and some change. Even Amazon was selling Rubber Soul and Revolver for roughly half price.
    It may have been the single greatest period in the history of the world.

:--)

17. MusicFan57

It was for those that were awake during that most incredible period in our history! lol I just need a time machine and go back to hit up Crate and Barrel,
    unreal!

18. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I bought a pepper mono from crate and barrel as a gift. Man I wish I would have snagged an extra. Still happy to have one at least. Y'all fudged up.

19. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

[​IMG]
    My order came in from Russia.
    It is the real thing and does not appear to be some sort of Russian export version since everything is in English.
    Sounds fantastic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BD73968-07 deadwax side 1
    BD76697-07 B7

The sevens might be ones I guess ...
    638007 both sides with
    NS with a U on side 1, 8 on side 2
    The funny little i...i thing too
    [​IMG]

I think these are just new copies that made it into Russia and are being sold at a discounted price because even at lower prices the Western currencies mean more Rubles to the seller. I notice now that PPM and Help are already getting higher on the Russian Discogs stores.

This LP puts my Rainbo pressing to shame.

20. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

Of course this is just my experience with this vendor.

21. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

Congrats! :thumbsup: In my opinion AHDN is one of the very best-sounding monos.

OptimisticGoat and fmfxray373 like this.
  22. MusicFan57

Congratulations on a great deal! What vendor did you use, if you don't mind me asking? Still better prices than over here. Help has just sold for $109 2 times in the last couple of days
    on Ebay! WOW!
    I have HDN on the way, but not that cheap! lol

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    fmfxray373 likes this.
  23. CitizensForBoysenberryJam

CitizensForBoysenberryJam Forum Resident

I just got done dealing with a scammer on Discogs. I purchased a mono box and was waiting for the tracking number, after 8 days I got a notice from PayPal that my refund was pending and for about 2 weeks after that the refund transaction was “processing” so I was just waiting for my money to come in and having to watch all these other sets sell. I should have known better as the seller had no seller ratings at that time, but they had hundreds of buyer ratings so I felt safe enough to trust the guy. He claims he was just mistaken and has the stereo set instead, however after I left a nasty review, another user left one saying the same happened to him. Also this seller doesn’t have his supposed stereo set up for sale after this ordeal. Seller name was Johnboy23 in case he tries again. Lots of scammers out there be careful! I did end up securing a real box when the refund came through but I had to pay much more for it as nobody wants to let this go for much less than $600 now.

NorthNY Mark and Echoes Myron like this.
  24. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

Yes, the sevens are ones; the top stroke points down. That matches my box set copy (the latter number is 6338001, though; you likely just missed a 3).

The "i...i" is Sean Magee's signature; only on side B, generally. (Same on the Rush titles he mastered.)

fmfxray373 and Echoes Myron like this.
  25. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

Nice, enjoy! Packaging looks exactly the same as mine, did you get it from this seller?

KMFDM23:

The Beatles - The Beatles In Mono: Box, Comp, Ltd, RM + 11xLP, Album, Mono, RE + 3xLP For Sale | Discogs

(S)he just keeps selling these Beatles Mono boxes, but I do see prices have really gone up since I bought mine last September...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    fmfxray373 and Echoes Myron like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.