Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

:-popcorn:

So some people are still seeking :help: in Mono Vinyl?

2. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

Why are you folks ordering extra copies? That’s why these things are out of print.

3. Exactly. Pretty selfish imho.
    And don’t give us that they ware out BS unless your stylus is a screw driver.

Now, if you passing one onto a friend .....

4. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

They're out of print because they stopped pressing them.

marcb, ssmith3046 and The Beave like this.
  5. Yeah true but then people started panic buying and hoarding all the remaining copies and boxes. Like bottled water before a hurricane.

6. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

As I've mentioned before, the back-up copies I have of all the mono LPs need backed up if the back-ups should
    befall some terrible fate. Then those back-ups need backed up by more back-ups of back-ups.
    By the time I am satisfied with my back-up situation, I have over 900 mono albums in total!
    It's only common sense, y'see....
    :--)

7. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

Yeah this is definitely true. I must admit, I was always slightly miffed that I had the whole set except for Pepper and Help. So when I saw that they (possibly) were up for sale again, my eyes widened and I jumped on it and bought two of each. Call it panic if you will (and I probably would too).

Man at C&A likes this.
  8. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

I hope you get them, or at least one of each! It's such a wonderful collection. These shouldn't have gone out of print.

Mazzy likes this.
  9. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

If the Peppers that I ordered miraculously end up being shipped and are actually mono's, I'm happy to sell one to someone here at face value.

10. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

You're a star! :)

11. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

I'd be interested

12. voxstarstream

voxstarstream Forum Resident

I feel like I've been playing Power Ball with uDiscover and Merchbar and I'm on a losing streak!!

13. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

What’s really crazy is that I bought my Mono Peppers a couple summers back from crate and barrel for half price. $12. That was the only mono Beatles they had. Picked up Revolver and white album stereos as well for half price. And lastly Steve Miller’s fly like an eagle. For some reason they tried selling LP’s from Capitol but it must have been a bust

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  14. teag

teag Forum Resident

15. gckcrispy

gckcrispy Forum Resident

Thanks, Teag. I'm going to wait to see if Merchbar sends my "Pepper." If I don't get it, I'll dig deep and take the plunge.

Believe it or not, $200 is peanuts compared to what some reissues go for on eBay ;)

one step abraxas | eBay

teag likes this.
  16. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

This, of course, proves once again that Merchbar is very reliable and trustworthy. Today it's mono, tomorrow it's stereo... No big deal.

17. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

The Merchbar Peppers that specified mono is long gone. The one that just names the album was always stereo. Website info. Not call center info where someone got confused or tired and named the stereo as mono.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    savemenow likes this.
  18. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

19. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

You go man!!!
    Beave

The Elephant Man likes this.
  20. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Here’s one for $139 with one day to go and no bids.........

The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band / MONO 2014 / NEW Sealed 602537825776 | eBay

Beave

21. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

I use my five other Mono sets as coasters, frisbees, placemats,...make clocks out of them...melt them because it’s fun...intentionally scratch the vinyl with a sharp nail so it skips, and allow my Golden Retriever to use individual mono lp’s as a chew toy!

22. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Myke likes this.
  23. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

i noticed many forum members are guilty of buying multiple copies of product especially in the presale shipping threads were lp's and box sets are listed in error in the low end. i bet many of them are buying them at a low error price and profitting from them. i personally have not done it but it's pretty apparent many have here. i just don't think its fair to criticize others for buying multiple copies. imho

To be honest, i don't blame anyone trying to recoup some money spent because most of us has spent a fair amount of money for music product that is grossly over priced.

savemenow likes this.
  24. bward

bward Senior Member

I just picked up a Mono With The Beatles used at Newbury Comics big store in Norwood.

I feel like I hit the lottery.

It still has the advert for Beatles Love show inside

25. fmuakkassa

fmuakkassa Dr. M

Wow! I'm glad I got my Abraxas copy when it came out at it's normal price.

Alex Zabotkin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.