Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bward

bward Senior Member

I meant to add, the used price of With The Beatles Mono was $19.99.

Gotta keep looking for the others

Myke likes this.
  2. gckcrispy

gckcrispy Forum Resident

Believe it or not, a "Pepper" sold for $250 in early July. The prices have come down a bit lately, probably because of what's going on with Merchbar and UDiscoverMusic. But if those two sites fail to deliver the goods, it's likely "Pepper" values will be headed up to $300 and beyond.

Christopher B likes this.
  3. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

Congratulations. My above 2017 posts involving Newbury Comics on the Amazon website detail how I learned that sometimes you have to grab a sure thing rather than a maybe.

Urban Dictionary: a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

wwright likes this.
  4. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Did the mono versions of Rubber Soul, Revolver, the White Album and Mono Masters sell out in the US/EU? They were available at retail in Japan, at least until recently.

5. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Revolver is available from Plaid and sold out most other places in the last couple weeks. Rubber Soul just sold out in the last couple weeks. White Album sold out a couple months ago. Mono Masters is still available everywhere Amazon, Target, B&N. Acoustic Sounds who was one of the last to have these now only has the Mono Masters

Most of these can still be had on Discogs for a decent price. I don't think the pricing has caught up on there to everybody being pretty much sold out at this point

If you want them I would jump on them now through Discogs or risk the wait for a repress

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The seller I bought MMT from was the lowest I could find online, at $50.00. They had no idea it was going for more than that. Our conversations really made it feel like all the hysteria is confined to this thread, on this forum, on the internet only.
    And these folks have a brick-and-mortar that is celebrating their 5th Anniversary.

ispace likes this.
  7. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

A man can dream, can't he?
    :--)

The Beave likes this.
  8. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Looks like you got lucky on that one as the listings for MMT now aren't that favorable. I'm sure Rubber Soul, Revolver, White Album will all look like this in a year or so with no repress.

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour (Vinyl, UK, Europe & US, 2014) For Sale | Discogs

9. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

Revolver listings have fallen a ton in the last month
    The Beatles - Revolver (Vinyl, UK, Europe & US, 2014) For Sale | Discogs
    Rubber Soul is starting to creep up
    The Beatles - Rubber Soul (Vinyl, UK, Europe & US, 2014) For Sale | Discogs
    White album has 3 good listings for $10 above cost. These should start heading up soon as I don't think there is any stock left anywhere.
    The Beatles - The Beatles (Vinyl, UK, Europe & US, 2014) For Sale | Discogs

Also now that these are sold out from the retailers I could see demand go up strong for Revolver and Rubber Soul because much like Pepper the Mono mixes are popular mixes for these albums.

They are also two of the most popular overall albums from the Beatles.

10. thetman

thetman Forum Resident

nice find. I need to make it over there one day.

11. Myke

Did they recreate the big picture booklet inside the 2014 MMT ? I know I could wait until it gets here, but I don't want to. :laugh:

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  12. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Yes they did. Store it with the spine down because it tends to fall out .

13. Myke

Thanks, but I use protective outer "bags." My '69 has only the first page still glued to the jacket, the rest all came loose over the past 50 years.

14. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Yes I do too. That's not what I'm saying. If you store it normally the gravity may pull the glued book away from the gatefold. That's why it's shipped in the Mono Box with the spine down.

Myke likes this.
  15. I know there are people here who really want these mono LPs and I hope they get them. But the fact is there’s no really massive hunger for these to be repressed. No massive thirst for these out in the civilian world.

Having said that, if they were out there in the marketplace, they would sell out again withun a short amount of time. But out of site out of mine.

16. Myke

It's out of sight, out of mind.

fishcane likes this.
  17. bouda

bouda Active Member

Check completed listenings on eBay. Some have gone to auction and people have snagged peppers for under $50 and $60 in the last month. Seems to be cyclical. I’ve seen months where barley none are listed and then a month later there are a number that go for sale.

I found a buy it now of MMT for $25 used on eBay a few weeks ago and the record looks unplayed.

I grabbed a used peppers for $75 on eBay last month - sounds and looks great.

a k

challenge, mikizee and Myke like this.
  18. MusicFan57

MusicFan57 Forum Resident

Got my official cancellation from uDiscover tonight. Says I should have my refund in 3 - 10 business days.

19. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

I’m expecting my cancellation email any minute

20. mcwlod

mcwlod Outside Looking In

Did they cancel all mono LPs you got preordered or only Pepper? I've preordered HDN and Rubber Soul and no sign of cancellation yet...

21. MusicFan57

MusicFan57 Forum Resident

I had only ordered Pepper. I would think you would be good with the 2 you ordered.

mcwlod likes this.
  22. Just wanted to add I also confirmed this version to be stereo. I canceled the order.

23. Myke

I honestly never knew the songs on Magical Mystery Tour could sound this good. Wowzir.

astro70 likes this.
  24. astro70

astro70 Forum Resident

I definitely plan to grab those 2 in the next couple weeks, Glad to score revolver a few weeks back. I mainly want pepper and MMT still but it's worth grabbing these while they're still cheap. They'll make nice companions to my mono capitol albums! Especially since I really only am interested in rubber soul and later!

25. challenge

challenge Forum Resident

I was only interested in Rubber Soul and later also. I have an original Mono 1st US press of Pepper in VG+ so I can live without the repress. I did miss MMT. I got Rubber Soul, Revolver, and the White album. Will eventually get the Mono Masters before it sells out.

Myke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.