Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

I generally refrain from buying a used prerecorded cassette or cassette deck when the seller states it hasn't been tested. "Have no cassette deck to test this cassette I'm selling." I did, though, buy a first issue paper label stereo U.K. AHDN cassette recently that was advertised this way. It was a low price and there's a good chance I can get the cassette to sound good, even if it has issues, by either replacing the felt pad or putting the tape in a new shell. I usually figure there is something wrong with it rather than believe they were unable to test it. If someone opens an album to inspect it, wouldn't they play it at least once to see what it sounds like? Or to record it before selling "as new"? I don't know. I've never been a seller.

QuestionMark? likes this.
  2. Mister President

Mister President Forum Resident

Not a big pre-1966 Beatles fan but I did pick up a sealed mono Hard Day's Night a few months back in a health food shop that sells a few records (I know random). Sounds staggering amazing and for a mere £20 I was very happy - I do think it's easily there best pre Rubber Soul. Always wondered why it has only 13 songs and not 14 which seemed standard at the time, I guess it's because of the film.

Myke likes this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Why I hope my order goes through.

4. Semolina Pilchard

Semolina Pilchard Forum Resident

If only all buyers were so reasonable. Also, it still leaves the seller out the initial postage charge.

Most would see it as a cost of doing business, but it's easy to see why a low-volume, low-margin seller might not want to take on the risk.

savemenow likes this.
  5. Old Fred

Old Fred Forum Resident

And . . . we're gonna get back on track with the original thread title . . . :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Relax, they'll continue to go out of print. :laugh:

7. joe spagnatti

joe spagnatti Forum Resident

You actually found a phone number for Merchbar? I've been asking for one and they never answer...the email back and forth takes waaaay too long.

What is their number please? Thanks!

8. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Maybe it came from a box set. They were not technically sealed, just in resealable bags.

Man at C&A likes this.
  9. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

It had the big sticker on front.

10. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Oh then perhaps it was inspected. I have a One Step box that was inspected, never played, as it was my backup copy and there were problems with wrong discs in the set reported. I also have a second mono box that I opened to inspect the discs as individual copies were going out of print and I wanted to insure a perfect box. I'm glad I did because I found a flaw on a White Album Disc (a scratch) and was able to replace it before they disappeared. So it does happen.

ODShowtime and Dinstun like this.
  11. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

I suppose there are valid reasons for unsealing a record without playing it. If it is to be resold though, the value is decreased considerably just to have a look.

12. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

It was twenty years ago today Sergeant Pepper Mono's went away, They've been going in and out of style , But they're guaranteed to raise the smile , So may I introduce to you, The site you've known for all these years,
    Steve Hoffman's Music Foruuuuum!

mikizee likes this.
  13. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

What would you do if I reported you.......

Briskit likes this.
  14. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I have a nice sealed box. Just wanted an extra Mono Masters to play and found one for a cheap price.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  15. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Would you freak out and put an “ignore” on me....

Briskit, OptimisticGoat and dsdu like this.
  16. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

Was it in this thread that someone posted a youtube video of a guy from 'The In Groove' who was doing a comparison of all the Sgt Pepper pressings? For the life of me I cannot find the post anymore.

17. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

"I've been buying these in bulk and stockpiling these things. These suckers are gonna be worth something some day." :laugh:

18. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I don't ship internationally, it really isn't worth the time and effort when you can sell it to someone in the UK.

Firstly, although I pack really well, I think there is a big risk in it being damaged when it's being shipped so far and lots of different movements and changes. All it takes is for a record to be put in a funny angle and it could get broken or bent or crushed.

Returns are a nightmare and I am not prepared to write off that money.

Different countries have different rules and you have to worry about customs declerations and so on.

All in all, not worth the trouble. Sorry.

19. danielkov86

415-813-3381

It was listed on the Paypal transaction under merchant details.

20. joe spagnatti

joe spagnatti Forum Resident

THANKS!!

21. danielkov86

Fyi, I called yesterday and got my refund back today.

22. bouda

bouda Active Member

I've used eBay's global shipping program for vinyl - seller sends package to eBay - eBay takes care of all the international shipping logistics - buyer pays all shipping fees - and it worked great. Not sure on other people's experience with it.

sway61 likes this.
  23. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

It's the only way I ever ship international if I sell something on eBay. Never had any issues.

sway61 likes this.
  24. That's a SF Bay Area area code number...!?!?!?

25. sway61

sway61 Forum Resident

Got my refund from Merch bar through PayPal for Pepper. Order for Mono Help with Universal still on for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.