Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

The hardcover book sealed from the box gets $50.00-75.00 on eBay.

2. Marc Perman

Marc Perman Forum Resident

Well, the 2009 mono CD Box was issued as a “limited edition”when it came out but it’s never gone away.

3. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

“90% of people buying music now dont care about different mixes let alone know they exist“

More like 90% of people streaming or not paying for music don’t care. The rest of us do, and we’re the market these things are aimed at. And it’s a healthy market.

Cassius likes this.
  4. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Great package the 2014 mono vinyl box is.

The Beatles
    The Beatles in Mono
    Limited Edition
    180 gram, Box Set

1. [​IMG]
    2. [​IMG]

5. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Has it been that long? Wow time flies! I got my mono box the morning of release at HMV. Well worth the money.

6. Psychedelic Good Trip

YEP! :winkgrin:

WhoDaresWins and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  7. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Back in 2014/5 our local London Drugs had pretty much they full collection, and in 2015 I bought MMT with a view of picking up the rest, however, we then decided to buy a townhouse and I had to take a moratorium on new purchases and by the time the move was done I noticed that there was a lot less of them locally available and by the time I was in a position to start buying them again, they were nowhere to be found. I will have to be happy with my mono CD box that I got for Christmas I think. I have original stereos of all the core albums, but would have loved a set of monos.

8. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

Wish I’d bought another one....if it gets to a ridiculous price, I might be tempted to sell as its not a favourite of mine but I still enjoy it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  9. Psychedelic Good Trip

Bought two mono vinyl 2014 box sets on release. I did have 3 gift cards from Christmas season 2013. Found in my bottom draw in May 2014 than used all for three for 2 boxes in June.

The Trinity and WhoDaresWins like this.
  10. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Compared to the price for finding a near mint copy of an original pressing, $69.99 for a sealed copy (of what is arguably a comparable pressing) isn't that bad of a deal, relatively speaking. Of course, the best deal is to just buy the box set and be done with it. Then you have them all!

Technically, I think these LPs have been "out of print" since 2014. They pressed up a fixed number and likely didn't press any more. Since then, it's just been a case of what remains "in stock," not "in print."

If I was smarter and had more money to burn, I'd buy up as many of the remaining mono LP box sets as I could. They will become a good investment, either to be resold as box sets or split up to be sold as individual LPs.

11. Psychedelic Good Trip

12. Psychedelic Good Trip

This dude picked the 2014 vinyl mono release for his go to Pepper. 1967 parlophone mono is next.

13. Marc Perman

Marc Perman Forum Resident

His store The In Groove in Phoenix is great, they’re really well stocked and they know their stuff. His review of the various Peppers left out my favorite, the HorZu, it’s a bass lover’s dream. I also like the original and 70s Capitol stereo Peppers more than he does.

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  14. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

While I'm not into chastising the 'snooze or losers', The Beatles In Mono box set is a bargain and stunning, compared to paying the price for originals.

15. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

Thi guy knows his stuff!

16. Psychedelic Good Trip

Sure does.

17. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

His store is the best I've found in Phoenix, hands down. He's strict on his grading and cleans everything that goes out in the bins.

Marc Perman likes this.
  18. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

It's interesting that the UHQR was mixed differently than the standard MFSL pressing.

19. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

FWIW, i come across the 2014 mono rubber soul and revolver all the time, sealed.

20. Batman21

Batman21 If you don’t run you rust

And to echo everyone else, the mono box is well worth the money. Keep an eye out for that MusicVaultz 50% off box sets sale they do every few months.

21. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I am fortunate enough to own one and it is a great sounding stereo version of the record. I prefer the mono mix and my ears choose the original UK over the 2014 reissue. Of course it's still a lot easier to find the 2014 release than a NM 67 mono first pressing. At least for now it seems.

22. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I bought two by mistake. Glad I held on to #2.

richbdd01 likes this.
  23. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

The people who really wanted these sets got them. The amount left out there who want this box set and dont have it isnt enough to justify repressing more of these. I LOVE this box and its my absolute favorite music release I've ever purchased. I even just purchased back up copies of Pepper and the White Album because they are my definitive versions, but I understand why they arent being repressed. The average music fan is what they really care about. When someone walks into Urban Outfitters or Barnes and Noble, etc etc to purchase Sgt Pepper on vinyl, Apple wants the most modern sounding version available that will grab the modern listener. Thats what the 2017 remix main purpose is. I do think a 15 year old just getting into the Beatles now will be more blown away by the 2017 remix than the original mono. That is who Apple cares the most about and caters to. They already gave in to us and gave us our incredible treat. Now they are moving forward... Unfortunate but true. Thats all I'm saying.

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

This is what Beatles, Inc would love people to believe, but I don’t buy it one bit.

This was about creating some sort of carrot to market the 50th sets. The vast majority of people wouldn’t notice one mix from the other if they weren’t told it was different.

25. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I wanted the mono box but had to settle for the stereo box played through one speaker :edthumbs:

johnnybrum and Marc Perman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.