Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

What!!!!

Lucky you! that was a bargain at current prices.

Funny thing is that may be two months ago I was checking JB for the box and I had no luck with them.

Ben Adams and paulisdead like this.
  2. StateOfTheArt

StateOfTheArt Beatle Know-it-all

Which between that; Pepper, and the Mono Masters are arguably the best of the lot. Although they are all - probably the best I've heard. They will go down as audiophile quality indefinitely.

3. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

Tell me about it!!! I was about to give up hope on ever owning a box. Here is the damage here. At the price I got it for, I can live with it :D

[​IMG]

4. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

The Brazil mono boxes have the AR mono. Shipping is a deal breaker for me but I'd love to hear it. My industry friends say it's sonic-dimensionally folded to really bring out the sitar effects.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    googlymoogly and Ben Adams like this.
  5. paulisdead

It took me a couple of goes, to be honest. At first they said they had one copy left in the country and it was on “staff hold”. I called that store and told them I’d buy it today, but the manager just said “sorry, a staff member wants to buy it”.

They had it on hold for a while. I tried my local JB and told the story to their music manager. It must of been my lucky day because the story outraged her enough to call that store and ask for it. Turned out they also had a copy with the damage in the photo that someone had rejected and was just sitting in the back. So I got it at a discounted price!

That same day, I also lucked out on a BluRay Pure Audio disc of Quadrophenia that was sitting in the return box headed back to JB’s head office (the same manager at my local sourced it interstate).

Side note: JB returned ALL their Prue Audio BluRay’s to Universal nationwide last month

Now I’ve learnt with JB that have to get the right person to go through.

6. Uglyversal

That's nothing, sometimes I wonder about the knowledge and how informed are people working. I it was me I would have jumped on it and start saying Preciousssss while cuddling it :evil::evil::evil::evil:

paulisdead likes this.
  7. paulisdead

@Uglyversal

One other thing about JB.

If something has been deleted and is climbing in value, jump on it quick!

During my rush for Prue Audio BluRay titles, I’d discovered that a staff member had order 7 copies to one store of Nirvana’s Nevermind. All these copies were (you guess it) on staff hold. So I have no doubt that there are employees out there flipping in demand titles.

Don’t worry, I did!!! :)

ispace and Uglyversal like this.
  8. Uglyversal

You posted this while I was writing the other, yes there is more, sometimes things their computer says is not in stock they may still have one or two copies hanging around in one of the stores so it can pay to search yourself different stores. It is not unusual for big retailers to have discrepancies in the computer vs the actual stock.

paulisdead likes this.
  9. paulisdead

Yep. Just keep trying.

10. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

I bet some of those $179.99 buyers have never heard of Discogs. :sigh:

DRM and StateOfTheArt like this.
  11. Alex Zabotkin

12. Uglyversal

:laughup: LOL No it isn't. I wouldn't have the hide to ask for that much even being perfect, may be US 100:D. I've got so many other things in my mind that listing a record is not high on the agenda. Hopefully I'll get around to do it while the prices are still ridiculous, I don't think this rush will last forever, people will eventually come to their senses.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    DRM likes this.
  13. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Priceless! :laughup:

lawz, StateOfTheArt and kronning like this.
  14. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Isn't that the bit most people throw away? Had to store it in the outer box transit packaging (which is probably what you are missing).

paulisdead likes this.
  15. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Throw away? Throw away? Whatever would you do that for?

Easy-E, lawz and paulisdead like this.
  16. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I wouldn't but some would.

17. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I didn't throw mine away but I'll be damned if I'm going to take it off every time I want to open the box. I've got it stored on a shelf somewhere.

StateOfTheArt and paulisdead like this.
  18. StateOfTheArt

StateOfTheArt Beatle Know-it-all

I'm still looking for a book if someone has an extra and wants to trade for something? Pm me if interested.

19. Alex Zabotkin

20. MelodyFair

MelodyFair West Coast Suburban Hausfrau

A heads up to everyone, Amazon.ca has Rubber Soul and Revolver as well as the white album in mono for reasonable prices. I picked up an extra Revolver.

lightbulb likes this.
  21. Alex Zabotkin

22. SteevG

SteevG Forum Resident

One for $995 on the bay right now BIN. When will the Mono Box go >$1,000?

23. Alex Zabotkin

Just wait until Christmas...

:shh:

The Beave likes this.
  24. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

It's like the housing boom and bubble reoccurring. When will the bubble burst? Maybe if there's a 2019 repress? "No! Don't even think or speak about that!"

MelodyFair and SteevG like this.
  25. Xander2017

Xander2017 Forum Resident

I just started buying vinyl again a couple of months ago. So far I have new copies of both Rubber Soul and Revolver in mono. I haven’t decided yet on getting The White Album in mono, but I probably will.

Since it’s OOP and the eBay and Discogs prices are insane, I had given up on owning Sqt. Pepper”s in mono. That changed on Sunday when I went into a Montreal record store. They had a NM/NM 2014 mono copy, that to my untrained eyes looked pretty much mint. The vinyl and sleeve have no issues at all and all inserts were there.

It came to $57.48 CDN or approximately $43.00 US. :agree:

Bhob, paulisdead, The Beave and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.