Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

There's something magical about it. :shh: 2019... 2,019 bucks for a sealed box set.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    lawz, johnnybrum and DRM like this.
  2. MelodyFair

MelodyFair West Coast Suburban Hausfrau

I really really hope there is, I want another full set!

lightbulb and DRM like this.
  3. Alex Zabotkin

That's a dangerous thing to say. :uhhuh: "Are you one of those :cussing:flippers!?"

StateOfTheArt likes this.
  4. StateOfTheArt

StateOfTheArt Beatle Know-it-all

Nice find!

Xander2017 likes this.
  5. StateOfTheArt

StateOfTheArt Beatle Know-it-all

The White Album is so good BTW, worth it even at double price.

Bass of the 82 JPN Red Vinyl with the upper mids intact!

6. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

Well played sir :tiphat:

Matt Starr, RTurner and Xander2017 like this.
  7. MelodyFair

Nope I’m a lady who thinks this set is the best way to hear the Beatles, and I listen to them enough, that if in case any groove damage shows up over the decades I will have a ‘back-up’ copy . So, I am one of “those” Beatles fans :p

8. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

$900+ is what the mono red (or black) box was going for when I started seeking out the mono LPs roundabout 2010. I was overjoyed when the 2014 set came out because it meant I could acquire them so much more affordably, and I must say it's a shame to me that now that set is a prohibitively expensive luxury item. But oh well, way of the world I guess.

ispace and MelodyFair like this.
  9. MelodyFair

It has gone out of print before, and probably we just have to wait tell a 75th anniversary of PPM for a new mono box.

10. Personally hedging my bets.. I'd still be surprised if at least some individual titles don't get repressed. But just i case I bought a few White Album back ups at $25 a piece to trade for or sell then buy sgt pepper and MMT once those sell out. If they do not repress those white albums will go up in price quick I'd bet- it's really done phenomenally

Worse comes to worse I won't have a hard time getting my money back, that's for sure

OptimisticGoat likes this.
  11. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Nice deal and great Avatar!

Xander2017 likes this.
  12. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

Judging by how many people praise it like they do with Peppers I am sure you'll make a nice profit but it has to be this year, I doubt this madness will last forever.

13. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

I have a sealed 'backup' mono box and a sealed 'backup' copy of every individual mono lp released in 2014. :shh:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  14. schugh

schugh Forum Resident

I was so dumb a couple of years ago. Had a chance to snag a 2nd copy of the Mono Box for $150 CAD when HMV in Canada was closing up shop.
    I think it started around 400 and then 300 and then 200 and then 150 and I kept thinking I should I should and the other half of my brain saying why do you need another copy of the set.
    Dumb. I should have got it. Oh well.

MRamble and OptimisticGoat like this.
  15. lawz

lawz Well-Known Member

you ll have to wait at least another few months for the white album to sell out.... and then MAYBE it will go up like SPLHCB.

but Sgt Pepper will remain the most expensive of all the '14 monos..

16. Alex Zabotkin

SteevG likes this.
  17. The only reason folks are buying backups is for future profit or maybe trading imho. There’s no real need for a back up.

I have records that are 40-50 plus years old that still sound fantastic. If you take care of your records they will outlast you.

18. Alex Zabotkin

It's nice to have a backup in case you accidentally drop and scratch your playing copy. ;)

19. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

What about keeping stored at another location(Vinyl Records) in case of a fire or any potential Natural Disaster? I bought 2 copies of The Doors DCC CDs and a few BMR/BMA Doors Releases and a few other CD Titles from AF to put the backup copy in a fire box.

20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Or they’re stupid like me and forget they pre-ordered from two different retailers so they ended up with two... :magoo:

21. MelodyFair

That’s next level. Respect.

RTurner and StateOfTheArt like this.
  22. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

They are selling like hotcakes last couple of days on ebay….several in the $1000 range.
    I think these are going much higher as single copies increase in cost.

23. Alex Zabotkin

24. lawz

lawz Well-Known Member

THAT'd be great of course, but you just cant beat a tube-cut Beatles for Sale, or a -2 -1 Abbey Road... pure magic... :love:

25. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

What numbers are you seeing on the White albums. I’ve been thinking of replacing the one in my mono box because the jacket is glued in a manner that creates a curvature of the jacket. But it’s numbered in the low 5000’s so I’m thinking that it matches the box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.