Beatles Biography by Mark Lewisohn (6th edition)- plus Lewisohn news. *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Feb 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

I heard him say that he can not really rely on peoples memories much anymore.

2. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

I had downloaded the episode but haven't listened to it yet. Having read what people have said I deleted it.

3. spherical

spherical Forum Resident

I think that is a TERRIFIC idea. Many knowledgeable people on here who would have great questions (the ones I always want to be asked, but never are, or, in some cases, are asked, but before Mark has a chance to answer, he is interrupted). I'm all in and will help in any way I can. Yes, and absolutely no questions about when the next volume will be coming out. Some here among us can't seem to stop that annoyant (? probably not a word, but sounds good) behavior. I believe Mark would appreciate an intelligent discussion from and with us.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  4. spherical

spherical Forum Resident

At the near end of the podcast (yes, I did listen all the way through..arrgh), there is a mention of the Star Club recordings, being on, it sounds like "Zoo lot" label? or something like that. Anyone here that can shed light on those recordings?

5. WildHoneyPie

WildHoneyPie Here's a autobiographical song for ya

"Zu Laut" is currently the best sounding Star Club live in 1962 release. The listing of the songs on this collection is supposed to be the closest to the actual master tapes and the order they were most probably performed in at the time.

it is available for download in certain places but here it is on youtube.

6. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

That is very convenient, especially as he doesn't have to rely on his own memory for when the next volume is due to be published... ;)

7. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

Vol 7: The biography of Lewisohn by Olivia Harrison.

supermd and ajsmith like this.
  8. guitarman1969

guitarman1969 Forum Resident

Apparently, she wants nothing to do with him!

9. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

I know. I figured it would be a case of 'How do you like it when someone makes every aspect of your life public?'

marmalade166 likes this.
  10. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

Ha! Great point -- I don't agree with every point they make or position they argue, but I like listening to them strictly for the passion and the stern confidence!

joeislive likes this.
  11. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Has Mark started even Tune In Vol 2 yet?

It‘s 2019,tick tock.

12. Arnold Grove

[​IMG]

;)

applejam101 and alexpop like this.
  13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Mark should feel refreshed after his Christmas break to start putting pen to paper. Maybe writing to Paul& Ringo.

14. Arnold Grove

Paul won't be answering Mark though, especially since Mark hangs with the "wrong" Macs.

Here is Mark and Angie McCartney (second wife of Father Jim):

[​IMG]

15. applejam101

applejam101 Humble Fan

wow, the things you learn...I didn't know that Paul had a stepmom.

BeatlesBop likes this.
  16. YpsiGypsy

YpsiGypsy Forum Resident

here they all are at the Wild Life press party

[​IMG]

17. Howie Edelson

Howie Edelson Forum Resident

I don't know. Dudes with fake names talking to other dudes with fake names on a message board about other dudes they'll never know.

I'll tell you what DO I know; Thankfully, thousands of people love what we do -- including Mark Lewisohn, Fabcast's greatest fan and supporter, who told us to NEVER change a thing. That I know.

SunSon, notesfrom and maclen like this.
  18. dave9199

dave9199 Forum Resident

All the power to ya. I don't care for the way you do it but you have every right to do it any way you want.

dustybooks and superstar19 like this.
  19. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

And a Step Sister Ruth
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

Mark is great diplomat.

21. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

This thread has devolved into impatient pot-watching; as in "A watched pot never boils." Leave Mark alone and go do something.

22. Arnold Grove

I guess Yoko won't be answering his questions either:

[​IMG] ;)

marmalade166 likes this.
  23. guitarman1969

guitarman1969 Forum Resident

Howie, you're absolutely right. We don't know you, and you don't know us. But if you can take a step back and join us, people from all over the world who love The Beatles and the fantastic work which Mark is doing to document their history as accurately as possible, who would you rather listen to? I could sit with you and Bard all afternoon and theorise about why McCartney did this or that - and there are people more knowledgeable than I who could probably debate those things at a much deeper level. What I don't understand is why you would record a podcast with the one person who is closer to The Beatles than any of us will ever be and then just talk over him. If I was doing a podcast with him, I would see it as a golden opportunity to ask some really pertinent questions. Ken Michaels did a great job back in 2013. Why not listen to him? With respect, if Mark is in the room, I'm not interested in what you, Bard or anyone else (including me) THINKs, I'd much rather you ask Mark about what he has found and is able to disclose. He's a very eloquent and compelling interviewee.

BDC, ConnieGuitar, mrjinks and 12 others like this.
  24. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

My real name’s in my profile, thankyouverymuch!

25. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

I found the same situation. People got a chance to interview Mark and ask him anything but they resort to banal and stupid questions.
    -When did vol.2 come out?
    -Did you research that alone?
    -Did you not get tired of Beatles?
    -Why Beatles is greatest on earth band?

Rarely anyone bothered to ask him about some specific recordings or film he had seen. I had to do so myself by e-mail several times

Regarding his last podcast "interview" - that was shameless ego rants by hosts and nothing else. I'll bet Mark watched his clock endlessly. He could had spend that hour researching book instead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.