Beatles collectors- what are some of your prized items?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rewind1964

rewind1964 Forum Resident

Two things to look for:

On the record label on the "Penny Lane" side, the boots have the letter "N" from PROMOTION close to the 45 hole. The legits have them centered correctly. (See above scans).
    The dead wax will have a * in the inner grove. This is the symbol that is on all of the records pressed in L.A. (which is where all of the Capitol Record promo copies originate from). The boots have one that somebody etched in - while the legit ones are machine stamped.

Hope that helps.

2. Rocketstail

Rocketstail Forum Resident

45 - 45871 F 1 * ;Penny Lane
    45 - 45870 - G-2 2 * ; Strawberry Fields Forever

Thanks, back in the box :shrug:

3. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

If the stars are stamped, it's likely a real deal. Have it authenticated.

4. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

I'm not a collector at all. But back in the day my sister passed me her 45 of I Wanna Hold Your Hand and I Saw Her Standing There (the latter got a lot more play) when she bought their album. That was really my introduction to rock and I have the fondest of memories of playing it again and again. I also have a big pile of Beatle cards, and a Paul McCartney Soaky Toy. I also have the 45 yellow and orange of Day Tripper / We Can Work it out and a 45 of My Bonnie (not one of the real rare ones. I also have the Sgt Pepper picture disc.

5. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

The counterfeit has a yellow label while the label color on the legit is yellowish-green.

6. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

So many things, so I'll only list five.

My letter from George Harrison's mother where she mentions George has just been to visit her and he's well, like she's writing to her nephew or something, instead of ..me.:D

My minty fresh -2/-1 British Abbey Road album which I sent away to England for in 1969 or 1970, not knowing until I came to this forum that this version is one of the better go to versions on vinyl.

My first issue, non cutout Atco Stereo Ain't She Sweet album, bought in a bin at a drug store for a dollar or so in the early Seventies. Still mint -.

My mono Magical Mystery Tour EP set, which my sister picked up for me in England back in the original era.

My collection of Beatles Monthly magazines. Back in the Sixties when information was hard to come by, getting one of these every month was like opening up a magical doorway into the Beatles world. Pictures of the Beatles in the studio taken only a couple weeks beforehand, along with descriptions of songs they were working on but not yet released ! Good Lord. Pinch me.

7. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I have a Macca signed prosthetic leg for Heather Mills.

Too soon? :D

I have a -1 Sgt. Peppers LP. Sounds terrific.

8. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

This.

A Christmas present from the wife :love: in 2001.

And yes it's authentic too.

Attached Files:

9. casaroes

casaroes Forum Resident

Haha I wish my wife knew where to get one of these... simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

10. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

Paul McCartney Press Kit from 1990, and the raw audio of the press conference itself. I was there...the Flowers In The Dirt tour...this was from April 1, 1990.

11. This could be called one to kick myself in the butt for. There was record store in Hollywood called Lewins Record Paradise. He had a guitar wirh a certificate that said it was played by John Lennon on their last tour. He knew the Beatles well and he was the first store that had british albums. He was asking $350.00 for the guitar. What would it be worth today.

12. Saint Johnny

Saint Johnny Forum Resident

I've got a few.
    Top loading White Album, with black inners, from Germany.
    WLP of Rariteis in a paper sleeve,(original BC-13 boxset version)
    A bunch of Vee-Jay singles.

13. tolkev

tolkev Rain Dog

Original mono U.S. LP's:
    Meet The Beatles
    Rubber Soul
    Revolver
    Magical Mystery Tour
    Sgt. Pepper

14. LambertHoroscope

LambertHoroscope Forum Resident

The Red & Blue albums, my first ever lps, received on my tenth birthday in 1974, which I defaced with little Beatle pictures cut out & stuck on from a recent EMI Beatle leaflet.
    From Then To You, with the labels reversed.
    Mono White.

15. kollektionist

kollektionist Forum Resident

A (UK) white label demo of the unreleased Apple single APPLES 1002 : You know my name c/w What's the new Mary Jane.
    Unique is a big word but I don't know of another copy...

16. lennon_08518

lennon_08518 Forum Resident

First a story: I saw Paul in Philadelphia in 2002. To my surprise, Heather Mills was sitting behind me. After telling her my name I mentioned that I also wore a prosthesis on my lower rt leg. She said "Really?? so do I". I turned to my wife and said" I know she has one. Why did she think I told her? I didn't tell anyone else. It's hardly a pick up line." Heather left after a while but then came back. She tapped me on the shoulder and said "Paul wants you to have this". It was a guitar pick. Thank you Heather!

17. lennon_08518

lennon_08518 Forum Resident

My day of release purchase of all US Beatle Lp's (mostly mono). The "1" cd signed by Paul & Ringo. "67-70" lp signed by John. All Things Must Pass Lp signed by George. Ringorama cd signed by Ringo. 82 & 86 Japanese red vinyl sets. UK stereo & Mono 1st pressing White albums. The four Beatle dolls still unopened. The four Beatle Royal Daulton mugs still in the box. All of the Beatle cards stored in Beatle 3 ring notebook. Framed section of Beatle wallpaper. Band On The Run lp signed by Paul. "Ringo" lp signed by Ringo. 2 Beatle wigs. Genesis book "Concert For George" signed by Olivia Harrison & Pattie Boyd. 1964 Beatle serving tray. Blackbird Singing book signed by Paul. All four Remco Beatle plastic models. Sorry I just started listing things I have...we return now to your program already in progress

18. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Dear Beatles Collectors !
    I have been offered a mono Please Please Me Black Gold. The publishing credits show Dick James Mus. Co but the cover has the Angus McBean credit moved to the left of the "S" of "songs". Checking this site :
    http://www.yokono.co.uk/collection/beatles/uk/lp/uk_lp_mono_p.html
    Is it correct that what I am being offered is a first pressing vinyl with second pressing cover ? Or was there some mix and match of covers at this time ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.