Beatles-EP or singles collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ashleyfan, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Please keep me away from half-ebay.!!!

When this EP box set first came out, I never bought it. "I've got all of these songs already, why would I want 15 CDs with only 4 songs each that I have already?" Well, thanks to this forum I now understand that there are differences.

I noticed that it could be won on ebay in the $50-$60 range until a few weeks ago. Now it is at least $95 and rising. So, I just picked one up on half.com for $91! (seller had excellent rating and (s)he rated the set "9.7 out of 10). So I bit the bullet.

I need your help now!! :
    1) For the next month or so, if you see that I bid for something on
    e-bay, please OUTBID ME!!!! (some forum members are
    already experienced at this)
    2) Change my half.com password and don't tell me till next month!
    3) I was planning on doing some used bin shopping this weekend (SPinnakers in Hyannis MA) - if you see me there throw me out!!!

thanks!!!

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I knew you'd love it! Your going to keep the set minus the MMT? That's a shame your missing them...:( The seller should make good somehow...

3. floyd

floyd Senior Member

The thing is, I believe I could find a MMT set sometime and since I got the set for only $61 + shipping I could spend $20 on MMT and still be doing better than most of the prices for the set. So if the seller said," send it back and I'll refund your money" I don't know if I'd be willing. He had a lot of Beatles stuff for auction so I might ask for a good deal on something.

4. stereoptic

here's one that went for $18.50 (not the same seller that sold you yours)

MMT EP CD e-bay item (completed)

so, there is hope!!! (and CD-Rs as an alternative)

5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Yea, I saw that one too. Too bad it ended just before I received my box. I even emailed this seller to see if he had anymore, but no such luck.

6. Michael

Yes, Definetly ask the dealer for a break...And yes, there's alway a CDR to complete the set and hold you over till you find the real deal!:thumbsup:

7. stereoptic

Still Another Beatles EP Collection Question

Are there two different pressings of this boxed set? One UK and one USA? If so, are they both out of print, and are there any differences?

8. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

To my knowlegde I have never heard any difference yet between the UK or US version on this set. Pretty standard as Dr. Evil would say!

9. stereoptic

thanks BeatleTerr

10. Beatle Terr

You are very welcome. I always try to help when it comes to The Beatles :D

11. Michael

Really? One could never tell...:laugh: ;)

12. Beatle Terr

Well what are good friends talking or asking things about music all about.
    Teaching and Learning from each other has always been my motto, but to me it's just a GREAT time can be had by all :thumbsup:

13. Michael

You betcha! You can never share enough or learn enough! I'm always learning and sharing EVERYDAY! Especially with people like you and all our forum friends who enjoy sharing and learning!...:thumbsup:

14. Beatle Terr

Michael from day one from being logged on here and just reading posts I have to admit I remember yours the most. Not by the Topic or the Thread it was in but just these words by you.

Music is a wonderful gift, It feeds your soul, I'm never full. Always hungry for more.

And I couldn't agree with you more my good friend :) :agree:

15. Michael

Thanks my friend, I could not have received a nicer compliment!:thumbsup:

16. Beatle Terr

It's not only meant to be a compliment to you, but it's like saying truer words have never been spoken or printed!!!:righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.