Beatles footage only available on Apple EPK's

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris M, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

My thread title is pretty vague but here's what I'm looking for....footage Apple has put out in the last few years that is only available on Electronic Press Kits and the ilk. Here'a a few examples of what I'm talking about....

- Long Tall Sally from the Washington DC concert. AFAIK the only official place to get this is on the promo VHS's Apple put out in '95 for the Anthology TV show.

- Hey Bulldog recording session sync up. Shown on VH1 and ABC but unavailable anywhere else AFAIK.

- Get Back Apple promo for Let It be Naked with previously unseen 1/69 Twickenham footage.

- Hello Goodbye promo with the lads in regular clothes. Didn't Apple put out this clip somewhere in the 90's?

Is there a list of this stuff somewhere? I'm not looking for a list of what 'bootleg' footage exists or what is available but stuff Apple put 'officially' but isn't available in stores. I hope to assemble this stuff and made a homemade DVD of it one day....

Chris

2. reechie

reechie Senior Member

The "Help!" performance from the beginning of the film, but without the darts and credits was on the 1 EPK. The same tape featured a version of "Hey Jude" that seems to have different footage at times from the version that's become common over the years, and a first time color version of "The Ballad Of John & Yoko" clip.

3. Chris M

Thanks Rich! Is the regular clothes Hello Goodbye promo also on the I EPK?

4. reechie

reechie Senior Member

The "Hello Goodbye" from Anthology is used on the 1 EPK. It features mostly the "Pepper" suits, with a coda of footage from the outtake version.

5. Chris M

Thanks!

6. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

All of these items are on a bootleg dvd recently released.

7. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

I taped a crap load of stuff off of a "big" satellite dish back in 1995 just before Anthology came out. Mostly news reports, but a few neat items including the Apple EPK, and many ABC network promo items, commercials (some never used), etc., and none of it ever found it's way to boots. Anyway, my point, (and I do have one), is that there was a lot of stuff floating about at that time, but not all of it as exciting as the "Long Tall Sally" video or "Hey Bulldog" video. Look at it this way, if it was good, someone would have tried to sell it by now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.