beatles hollywood bowl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by monkboughtlunch, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member Thread Starter

what's the story on this? will this be released on CD?

are these the only professionally recorded live Beatles concert tapes?

2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Not in our lifetime! :)

There are other live tapes, like what they filmed for television. A whole box set could be put together.

Everything just takes so long with the Beatles catalog, it could be years!

3. monkboughtlunch

is this was an officially sanctioned LP release, why won't they reissue this for CD?

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

There is a great 2 Cee Dee boot HB box set in Stereo! Sound quality is better than the original LP!

5. monkboughtlunch

is the sound and performance substandard? why is this being held back?

6. Michael

And I repeat:)...It Sounds better than the original LP! ;)

Good enough for an official release.:thumbsup:

7. monkboughtlunch

anybody heard this boot?

<link to bootleg removed BL>

worth getting? was this dubbed from the original master mixdown tapes? is the cover art legit?

8. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Didin't EMI attempt to make a multi track recording the Bealtes in Italy in '64? I thought Lewishon goes into detail about this but I don't have a copy handy.

Chris

9. monkboughtlunch

what about this one?

is this the 2cd set you said was better than the LP?

10. monkboughtlunch

here's another, this time from paris.

how's the sound on this? stereo or mono?

11. GregY

GregY New Member

The COMPLETE HOLLYWOOD BOWL CONCERTS contains these 3 shows:
    August 23, 1964
    August 30, 1965
    August 29, 1965

From The Beatles - Not For Sale:
    Very good stuff.

P.S. There's really no need to pay for any bootlegs. They're all readily available in CD-quality in various places throughout the greater Internet.

12. Michael

13. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

The artwork used on that CD is taken from Bruce Spizers' book on the Beatles Capitol Albums..page 47...it's a mock up of what might have been...the only change from Spizers to this one is the headline under the title.."Inside:Concert Program with On-Stage Photos and Notes On The show"...This cd says "Experience...the ..and excitement etc....Nice artwork...but not original.......original since Bruce Spizers' book.

jf

14. monkboughtlunch

did spizer do the mockup, or is it a vintage capital mockup?

15. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Guys,

I have removed links to The Beatles bootlegs on ebay that were posted in this thread. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Thank you.

Bob:)

16. Guy from Ohio

Guy from Ohio Senior Member

Could you explain it, or was this just an effort to protect your bid? :)

17. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Spizer

18. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

No one should be putting money on bootlegs, especially now. We don't want people to get the wrong impression that we think bootlegs are "OK".

Yes, they exist, yes people listen to them. That's fine. When the site looks like we're promoting them (from a distance) it kinda looks baaaad. :)

Remeber, there's lots of people from the industry that watch all the time....

19. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I don't see the problem pointing out a bootleg listing on Ebay, or posting information about a bootleg listing on Ebay. I do understand the risk in members posting about bidding, however.

There are many bootlegs (which are illegal) that contain material many of us would love to have. If people from the "industry...watch all the time" maybe they will wake up! If more industry people would be like the Experience Hendrix people and the Dylan camp (with the Bootleg series) and care about the "hard core" fan we could get some wonderful official releases.

20. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

David...your point is well taken and probably true about giving the fans what they want but I am sure that you understand the position that the forum takes about providing links and information about how to aquire illegal recordings. A little respect for our host's occupation is what we are asking. :)

21. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Guys,

Here is the bottom line:

1) This is not an open, 'anything goes' site. This site is operated by a music industry professional (obvious). The music industry is based on relationships, some of them sensitive. Our benefactor here needs these relationships in order to earn his livelihood. Is any further explanation really required?

2) While we allow discussion of 'boots' and their sound quality, we made the decision not to accommodate the openness of links to boots being sold on any venue.

3) This site can neither condone or promote the selling of bootlegged media either directly, indirectly or by loose association. This directive is pervasive and not negotiable.

Frankly, I am surprised that I had to explain this...

Bob

22. PMC7027

No problem!!!

23. cliff barua

cliff barua New Member

Frankly, I'm surprised too :) . It does get on my nerves a bit when some people in this Forum criticise "needle drop" boots (including our gracious host) (in favour of "get the original black label Parlophone", not realizing that some of us will not pay through the nose for such product or (shock, horror) do not listen to vinyl anymore)). However, Steve makes his livelihood within the recording industry, which just happens to frown upon boots, MP3's, CD trading, file sharing, etc, etc. Anything he sanctions on this Forum is reflective of him (whether he says it or not). Given all that, David is 194% correct in his assessment of some catalogues (ahem, Beatles!!) and why so many people gleefully, guilt-free collect boots and pirated recordings.

If you need to know where to get boots, just PM people. Hope this doesn't violate Forum rules, but I hear Payless Shoes have good, cheap boots :D .

Cliff :)

24. PMC7027

I know Payless Shoes has cheap boots, but are they really any good? Rumor has it that many of them are made from recycled vinyl, not virgin vinyl, which obviously sounds better.

25. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

I have the Yellow Dog Cd of the hollywood bowl ,and its great.

I recently got the 1964 show in stereo, and boy is that great!!

They are playing very well, and seem excited at the thought of being in LA. The doledrums hadnt set it yet, apparantly.

Its really nice that ALL of the Hollywood bowl concerts exist in good stereo. You can really hear THe Beatles.

There are Two different videos of these available as well. One is the TV station film, the other is shot from the side. I've seen the TV station film and its great, but a bit "far away".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.