Beatles "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" out on CD 9/9/16, Vinyl on 11/18/16 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter_R, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baba Oh Really

Baba Oh Really Certified "Forum Favorite"

Well it's not a new album. it's already been released on multiple formats in the past, you see?

2. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Troll. (Not you but the poster you replied to)

Rocco likes this.
  3. Maestro63

Maestro63 Forum Resident

I picked this up today because of this thread. I really like it. Does this band have any other releases worth getting ?

4. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Dunno'.....never heard of them before either.....

;-)

5. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

NO -- move on to the SPICE GIRLS immediately!! o_O :blah: :tiphat:

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  6. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

7. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Yep. This is a remixed reissue with a new cover and bonus tracks. That's all.

8. Duophonic

Duophonic Beatles

Am I the only one who noticed that the "thank you very much people" (or something along those lines) before Dizzy Miss Lizzy starts has been lowered?

EDIT: Oh yea I think the transition between Roll Over Beethoven and Boys is weird, as I expect to either flip the tape or the record after Roll Over Beethoven, and on my vinyl rip I faded Roll Over out so that when Boys begins it's just Paul introducing it.

9. They must have burned the rest!

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  10. Yup

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  11. Ram4

Ram4 Lookin' good

Classic! You and I are basically the same age. I got into the Beatles in the mid-70's as my sister had a lot of their albums that I could grab. She saw Wings in 1976 at Chicago Stadium.

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  12. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

superstar19 likes this.
  13. Andrew Russe

Andrew Russe Forum Resident

Well, I think it's fabulous. Just home from work, and there's only one amazon box, dvd sized... and I had three things on order (including this) - I felt really disappointed. Opened it up and it's both my Janis dvds AND this CD. WOohoo!

We've just listened to it really loud. I haven't heard the 77 release for a LONG time, I bought it in 80 or so and quite liked it. But this knocks spots off it. Well done to all involved.

I even don't mind the artwork as much as I thought I would!

14. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

25K no. 12

15. Gregorio

Gregorio Forum Resident

George also sings with Paul in similar way on Things We Said Today.

For those of you complaining about the tracklist, saying that it not gives the impression of an actual concert. It does!
    Just imagine you are hearing a 1965 Beatles concert. They are promoting Help! but obviously playing a lot of songs from past albums and singles.
    You have your regular 12 song setlist (ok, this time the boys plays 13) and after the final number, Long Tall Sally, and because people just wouldn't leave the place, shouting for an encore, The Beatles returns to the stage and pleases them (they played Ticket To Ride as an encore during the 1965 European tour). But this time is a huge encore (for the time) of four songs. And they choose songs for the real fans, whom had not leave the place, they play hidden tracks of past albums, the ones people are not expecting to hear, they play tracks from Beatles For Sale (not represented in the previous setlist) and the one big hit they didn't played during the main set. In this configuration, you have your actual show, with encores, which The Beatles rarely did, but are common since then. The only problem is that Baby's In Black is a weird choice for the real show-closer, but instead of doing extra editing in trying to insert the four songs in the main set, just place I Wanna Hold Your Hand (or even Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby) at the end and there you go.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  16. Rocco

Rocco Find My Way

Exactly - my thoughts. All those stories that Ringo was the favorite Beatle (or tied with Paul) sounds true - the screams noticeably get louder when Ringo is introduced. And, I love how Things we said today kicks into the fast part and the screams go nuts. These guys were good.

17. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

So after a lot of pre-release negativity, it seems like this release is being liked by most folks here. Sometimes it helps to wait for the actual release to come out before bashing it down....

I'll be picking this up on iTunes today. So far, its just been a curiosity release for me (only "official" Beatles album that I don't have) but hoping to enjoy it. The general advice seems to be play loud on your speakers and that's what I shall do. To get me in the Hollywood Bowl spirit though, I learnt and have been playing Twist And Shout on my guitar all morning alongside the studio version - gotta love those early Harrison solos! :)

18. Rocco

Rocco Find My Way

Is that a guess or a source?

19. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Actually, already purchased mine at Best Buy, but happened to be in Wal-mart for something else, so thought I'd check to see if they had it, but they didn't. But what struck me is that I rarely go to Wal-mart, and each time I do, the CD section has shrunk a little more. It was maybe half a regular isle. It was actally rather sad.

Duophonic and Wingsfan2012 like this.
  20. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

Yes too young for the "WOA" tour but love the deluxe box set of that album. Ram on!

21. Wingsfan2012

if 25k that would land in the top 10 these days. But Babs had an impressive number to be #1 this week on the album charts. I think 150k debut week sales-big for 2016!

22. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

So Has Our Best Buy here,only a half space now!

23. Wingsfan2012

The Best Buy's by me still have a huge selection-not as big as 10 years ago but much larger than Target or Wal-Mart! What I have noticed is how Best Buy is not really stocking box sets anymore and that includes the last 2 by Paul "Tug of War" and "Pipes of Peace". They also only stocked the 2 CD version of "Pure McCartney".

24. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

Here,it's the total opposite,as Wal Mart's got a larger selection of CDs and DVDs!

Wingsfan2012 likes this.
  25. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

Album credits:

John: vocals and guitar
    Paul: vocals and bass
    George: vocals and lead guitar
    Ringo: drums and vocals
    Thousands of girls: jet engine

:tiphat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.