Beatles "Live at the Hollywood Bowl" out on CD 9/9/16, Vinyl on 11/18/16 *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter_R, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Glenn, you ought to copy and paste this to something (anything!) here about once a month. Great, great memory!

2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I'd say "anytime". But since I only have to double-check once every 40 years or so (I made a list in 1977 and now another one in 2016), it's not too burdensome. ... ;)

3. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Only the Beatles can go from "She Loves You" to "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey" in a matter of five years.

4. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

Maccafan is a former soldier from the Metal Gear Solid video game series.

!
    :eek:

coffeetime and supermd like this.
  5. Arnold Grove

Even more impressive:

From "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window" to "Bip Bop" in 2 years!

D.B., 905, supermd and 6 others like this.
  6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I would love to see a chart that illustrates this

Simon A likes this.
  7. winston32

winston32 Forum Resident

The new release gets thumbs-up from me. Whereas the 1977 original was "Listen to how much noise there was at Beatles concerts", the album is now "Listen to how good the Beatles were live". Now the music is in focus, and it sounds great.

The absolute highlight is Dizzy Miss Lizzy. Fantastic.

Deano6, Bowie Fett, ShowsOn and 4 others like this.
  8. Arnold Grove

[​IMG]

JohnO, Frank, Mooserfan and 9 others like this.
  9. zen

zen Senior Member

^ That's one sexy arrow! :D

10. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII

Some people never know. :shake:

I LOVE "Bip Bop"! WILD LIFE is MACCA's misunderstood MASTERPIECE!!!! No, make that WINGS' masterpiece. Cuz WINGS was a real BAND!!!

Can you dig it?

Yes I can!!!!!

11. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Me and my arrow

zen likes this.
  12. Arnold Grove

I prefer this one:

[​IMG]

13. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Let's see how they approach the 50th anniversary of Sgt. Pepper next year (that is if they do at all). With the "Live Project" out this year with the movie and Hollywood Bowl releases, Let It Be is probably the only big ticket reissue waiting to come out from their shelves. So Apple may have to look at new product opportunities and deluxe reissues of the catalog seems the most obvious. They are one of the only top classic acts to have not gone down that route as yet and Pepper may be the best way to do it.

14. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

MikeP5877 likes this.
  15. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

Not very impressive: "Tug Of War" to "Give My Regards To Broad Street" in 2 years

16. Arnold Grove

You want impressive:

From "Hold Me Tight" to "Hold Me Tight" in 10 years... ;

17. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I have to assume the goal of the release was to make a fun, highly listenable represention of a Beatles concert, a companion soundtrack to the movie.

I also have to assume that the vast majority of listeners agree and want an enjoyable listening experience,rather than pining for a release stressing historical interest .

The Beatles shows were all about super high energy fun and music and this release accurately captures that.

Let's not turn something as fun and light hearted as a Beatles concert release into a dry archeological dig .
    :D

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    sonnyrock, mikaal, D.B. and 5 others like this.
  18. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

How about "Yesterday" to "Yesterday" in 9 years

19. Arnold Grove

You stumped me. I give up.

Glenn Christense likes this.
  20. Jbeck57143

Jbeck57143 Forum Resident

There's also Ram to Wild Life in the same year (released about 7 months apart)

So that's Uncle Albert to Bib Bop in about 7 months

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  21. GreenGringo

GreenGringo Well-Known Member

I respect your opinion, and I'm not trying to argue with you, but keep in mind that the Lord Reith version is just as mediocre as all the others (off-speed, unbalanced, level fluctuations, dull EQ). He did nothing to fix any of this. R&RATHB is totally free of these problems.

applebonkerz and Laservampire like this.
  22. SixOClockBoos

Arrow Through Me? :D

23. supermd

supermd Senior Member

That was me, but I think they deleted it out of sheer horror. ;)

aoxomoxoa and SixOClockBoos like this.
  24. SixOClockBoos

What's more impressive was Tug Of War to Pipes Of Peace in one year

905 and paulmccartneyistheman like this.
  25. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Haven't a clue about Metal Gear Solid, but I Just listened again and wow!

This album to me, is solid proof of the Beatles hard rock credibility!

This new Live At The Hollywood Bowl showcases the hard rockin power and force the Beatles were live!

This is rock and roll looking for a fight! This is the real thing, developed from back alley bars and clubs! This is the result of hours of relentless playing, this is histories greatest rock and roll band, and we can finally hear just how awesome they really were, not in the studio, but doing it where it really counts... LIVE!

Nowhere else have I heard the Beatles music this forceful, this powerful! Those two elements come blasting thru on this album!

The result is so many rockin highlights.

She's A Woman, as I've said is just bad to the bone! Lennon's rhythm just propels the song and the Beatles are absolutely tight and I do mean tight! It's just a driving hard rockin performance. McCartney just let's loose with some awesome rock and roll shouting, the whole performance is just smokin! A lot of the Beatles fast rockers are songs by other artist. I love the fact that this hard rocking performance is one of their own original songs!

Dizzy Miss Lizzy, again is just heavy metal in 1964! This is just an absolutely amazing hard rockin performance! Every time Lennon screams the Beatles go into harder rock mode! The absolute assault of the guitars is just astonishing for 1964! This is absolute proof of what Lennon said, that when it came to straight rock, no one could touch the Beatles!

Roll Over Beethoven, Harrison's lead guitar touches are just choice! George isn't the greatest lead player, but what he chooses to do is just perfect! Lennon's rhythm playing is no joke either!

Boys, many think this is the highlight of the album, I can hear why!

This is just another absolutely hard rockin performance by the Beatles! Ringo's drumming is just kickbutt and I love how you can really hear it, Harrison's lead choices are again just absolute perfect choice, and pay attention to McCartney, he's laying down a rockin bassline!

The main thing that got my attention though is Ringo's vocal! He sings this song so good!

Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby, this is another one, the Beatles lock in and just rock this bad boy, what I love most about this performance is the rockin extended playing the Beatles do. I wish they had done more jamming on stage.

What an absolutely fantastic listen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.