Beatles longbox

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DavidF, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidF

DavidF Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Your first link is for the 1987 - 1992 (? whenever the longbox was eliminated from retail) run of cds.

The others two links show the new 2004 reissues for "box stores" like Sam's Club and Costco. They were essentially issued for rack display and theft prevention.

3. househippie

househippie Forum Resident

Yep, I've seen the new solid color Beatles longbox CD's at Costco. I think they go for about $13 or $14.

4. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

The original longbox for Pepper is much better than the newer one. It reproduced the cutouts that were included with the LP.

Sean

5. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Yeah, I was ticked off when I bought the CD and the booklet said to "look at the longbox for the cutouts". :realmad:

6. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

My mom threw out my longboxes after I moved out of the house. :cry:

7. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Surround sound lunatic

One of Crapitol's biggest travesties. The UK version had the cut-outs bound right in the booklet. Now, in the US, they are gone, gone, gone. :realmad:

8. DavidF

DavidF Forum Resident Thread Starter

I did get a Sgt Pepper copy about a year ago at Tower. It came in a small slipcase which included a bigger booklet, that won't fit in the jewel box. The cutouts are included in the book. The disc was manufactured in Italy.

I guess I should just wait till all the discs are remastered and repackaged.

Thanks all :nauga:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.