Beatles Mono VINYL box set (Part #16)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

How exciting! Mine arrives tomorrow (unless they surprise me today) did you open it?

2. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Where I live, Ottawa Canada, my music room tends to get very humid and uncomfortably wet around summer. So as a precaution I throw a couple in just in case. we have an electronic wet vs dry temp device in our room that tells me how wet it is. I guess it all depends on where you live. It's a personal judgement call.

3. Vinylfindco

Going through all my individual monos before I open the box set. With the Beatles is really wonderful. The pressings so far have been perfection. It’s just amazing. So glad I got back ups. This really is the best reissue ever!

4. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Yep, snuck a peek inside cause I already have an opened one.
    Then taped that sucker shut!!:cheers:

Looks great in the box in the living room!
    Grandkids are going to be spoiled when I did....
    Beave

5. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Very smart...
    Beave

6. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I've been planning to build a wing onto my home just to house The Beatles Mono vinyl and CD box sets.
    Initial drawings create a climate and light controlled environment worthy of the ark of the covenant.
    Once the weather breaks, ground will be broken, the foundation will be laid and construction will begin soon after.
    From what the whispering voices in my head say, "If you build it, they will be one channel."

7. Vinylfindco

Oh oh, Bullmoose has raised the price to $399.00. The stock market is dropping but Beatles vinyl is going up!

Morton LaBongo, ispace and The Beave like this.
  8. The Trinity

The Trinity Do what thou wilt, so mote be it.

Mine arrived today and the outer box is in perfect shape. I’m leaving this one as is, in the shipping box, and will continue to enjoy my original mono box.

The Beave and Alex Zabotkin like this.
  9. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

which one? The 2009 stereo yes, they levelled everything out - the mono vinyl re-issue was analogue cut directly from the analogue tape so unless Sean Magee had his hand on the 'volume' control during the cutting I don't think they screwed that particular re-issue up somehow...

10. Vinylfindco

Waiting waiting waiting for my MusicVaultz delivery due today.:pineapple:

giantleech and The Beave like this.
  11. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Mine was supposed to arrive from Music Vaultz today but the mail has come and gone. :(

12. The Elephant Man

Last year when Music Vaultz offered the Mono Box at a fire sale price, there was some kind of mix-up in their shipping department.
    Box sets were sent out with only a name and zip code. No addresses. Luckily, I found out about it and was able to let the postmaster know
    that a box was coming in with my name with no address. She held it for me and I picked it up. It was nuts. Lots of people's box sets were shipped back to
    Canada, if I remember correctly.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  13. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Yep, happened to my copy of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness that I ordered at the same time. Managed to intercept it before they sent it back.

14. Jerry Horne

Damn. Still, I live in a small town and the P.O. knows me by name. Still, Music Vaultz wouldn't still be shipping items out like that??

15. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

Ted, from Philly? Your boxset is ready. Ted, from Philly?

ZippyPippy and BeatlesBop like this.
  16. Stan94

Stan94 Forum Resident

Have there been mix-ups with this box, ie. boxes with 2 copies of the same LP, or boxes with one missing record, etc.? Has QC been perfect so far?

17. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

I ordered a mono box late last night from Music Vaultz and my order is still pending. Wondering if they might have run out of supply, even though it’s still showing in stock. We’ll see.

18. The Elephant Man

No. They fixed the problem pretty quickly. But it did affect a bunch of people on the forum though.
    It may have been a new person in the shipping department.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  19. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I'm sure inevitably that happened to someone, somewhere, given the amount of product assembled, but nothing widespread. There's really no reason to second-guess buying this at a reasonable price.

20. Vinylfindco

Mine too :-(

21. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

The code “VAULTZ” was good for 15% off last I checked, a couple weeks ago...
    But MVaultz is Canadian, not US...

JeffreyB and bluejimbop like this.
  22. Jerry Horne

Okay, I feel a bit better :)

23. bluejimbop

bluejimbop Thumb Toe Heel Toe

Thanks for that ‘Vaultz’ code, mrjinks. Only site I’ve found showing mono vinyl box in stock for under $400.
    Just ordered it for $272, American. The waiting begins.

Jerry Horne and mrjinks like this.
  24. Maybe I should have said Nirth America

25. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

I am fortunate I bought the excellent Beatles mono vinyl box on release in the UK. I just checked on Amazon UK and ebay and prices seem to start at £380 and go up. Big question was this collection pressed in the USA and also separately in Europe? I assume mine is from Europe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.