Beatles Mono VINYL box set (Part #16)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onder

Onder Senior Member

All pressed by Optimal, Germany.

Ondra

Flaming Torch likes this.
  2. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

My box, bought last Christmas, had mixed up labels on White Album.... LP2 played as LP2, but had LP1 labels

No real biggie, but amazon insisted I return the WHOLE box, instead of just sending me another WA, or refunding the cost of a new album.

3. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I got round the issue of faulty copies simply by ordering additional individual titles from Amazon (on credit card), swapping the discs out and returning them for a refund.

4. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

According to my tracking info my box is out for delivery today. Looking forward to it, plus I promised my wife this will be my last vinyl purchase until we finish redoing the kitchen and living room — which we’re doing this weekend. I think I can make it a few days .... maybe!

forthlin likes this.
  5. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Does anyone know how to track the shipment after Canada Post passes it on to another carrier in the USA?

Jerry Horne likes this.
  6. oldjollymon

oldjollymon right channel den/left channel kitchen

I think you can just put that tracking# into USPS.

Benno123 likes this.
  7. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

This. Enter the tracking number into Google then select USPS. Once the shipment comes into the US you can track it. Before that you can track trough the Canadian post. Mine came into Chicago on 2/2 and then nothing until this morning when it said out for delivery but it finally had an update after 5 days.

8. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Arrived from Music Vaultz. Looks good!

Benno123 likes this.
  9. Vinylfindco

Was just told mine arrived!

Benno123 and Jerry Horne like this.
  10. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Ditto, listened to two of the three Mono Masters records and they sounded fab! Paperback Writer” and “Revolution” just smoke in mono — wow!!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  11. Vinylfindco

Question: shouldn’t the white box be shrink wrapped? The copy I got from MusicVaultz was not. The outer carton was opened and a receipt was inside. The White Album has what looks like a fingernail scratch at the lead in and start of Martha My Dear. Inner sleeve for that one record was open side down. I’m not happy. I get the feeling this was a return.

12. Play the Records and find out how they sound.

13. Vinylfindco

Ok I opened my sealed carton from Acoustic Sounds and I see the inner box is not shrink wrapped. So I’ll just see if MusicVaultz will replace the White Album or give a credit. I’ll have to get a individual copy soon to replace it.

14. Vinylfindco

I will of course. I have heard each release but I’ll have to go through this set for audible flaws. Everything else looked fine, flat and flawless. I’d just like a perfect set. A scratched disc will not do.

15. teag

teag Forum Resident

Damn. Hopefully it plays well.

I only buy expensive vinyl from the “major” sellers like Music Direct, Acoustic Sounds, Soundstage, or Elusive Disc. The box I received last week from Music Direct was $339 and in great shape.

16. Vinylfindco

I
    I usually do the same. In fact my first box was from Acoustic Sounds, as well as a full set of individual monos. The only reason I jumped at MusicVaultz was a great price of $275 shipped, and a bit of panic that they were selling out soon. I wanted one for back up play and one to put away.

teag likes this.
  17. Vinylfindco

I sent a message to their customer service. One thing I noticed that I saw in Fremer’s unboxing video was that Magical Mystery Tour comes packed spine down to prevent the book from pulling out. This one was packed that way. That was reassuring. By the way this WA is 9061762.

18. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

I don't think it was a return. if you look at the shipping label, the return address should be Universal's warehouse. There is no cellophane around the box and "Magical Mystery Tour" is packaged spine down.

When I received my box from them a couple of years ago, the tape was slit and the receipt was stuck inside, then the slit was re-taped.
    I think it depends on the warehouse worker who packaged it.

As far as the white album, not every box will be perfect, though most are, A box I received from another store on release day had a scratch in "Revolver"

Hope you have good luck with the White Album replacement!

The Beave likes this.
  19. Vinylfindco

Thanks for your reply. I think you are probably right, these things can happen, and I’m sure they will remedy it one way or another.

20. The Trinity

The Trinity Do what thou wilt, so mote be it.

I don’t think it was a return. Music Vault opens the end seam to slide in the shipping sheet. It’s normal for them; then they retape it. Some of the albums are put in the box sideways or upside down to prevent damage and to prevent the inner books from coming unglued. I’m sure it’s not a return.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  21. Vinylfindco

Yes I guess not then. Just a damaged disc among a perfect box.

22. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

My box from them was shrink wrapped -- as was the book, and arrived this week.

23. Vinylfindco

Was the white box sealed in any way?

24. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

My box that arrived yesterday was not sealed. The receipt, however, was just folded in the box. I think you’re fine, just a random scratch. I am starting to play through mine this morning once I have the house to myself and I can work and listen. Also, my WA is 9062002 :)

25. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

The mono boxes have never been sealed (in shrink) AFAIK, unlike the stereo boxes...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.