2019 Beatles UK Singles boxed set (Was: "Beatles Mystery Boxed Set")*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Monasmee, Jun 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I wonder which way Apple would go if it’s a US vinyl singles box set.

Will t be all analog? Will Giles Martin remix the tracks? Will the original Capitol singles masters be used or will they take the easy way out and use the 2009 remasters as the source?

saborlord123 likes this.
  2. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Besides the Abbey Road box set, there will be ANOTHER box set released late this year. The contents are unknown, and our insiders here say the set is beautiful but does not excite them. It also might feature red and/or yellow colors, and the indications are that the contents will be vinyl only. Most people are predicting some type of box set of 45 rpm singles.

3. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant Thread Starter

Gadzooks now I’m all turned around. Please Please Me includes red & yellow in the titles but seems unlikely as a mystery box contender. Certainly is a familiar album cover. :shh:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  4. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

To me, the stereo Please Please Me is the Beatles best sounding album. But I think they're going to send Capitol lovers a bone. Although somehow I can't imagine vinyl singles.

Unless they come up with a new high tech/low impact way to stack singles and drop them down, one at a time. Without damaging the records. Otherwise, too much getting up and down.

A novelty item like the Christmas colored vinyl?

More meat and less bone, please.

Monasmee likes this.
  5. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

^^I agree but is there any meat left? :shrug:

DRM likes this.
  6. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Happy Birthday, Ringo!

7. saborlord123

saborlord123 "I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy."

Peace and Love everybody!

[​IMG]

8. Karl Denver

Karl Denver You’ll get nothing and like it!

The more I think about it, I bet it’s a UK vinyl EP set. American singles set wouldn’t really make sense in the theme of how they have been releasing things in the Jeff Jones era. We got the UK remasters on cd in 2009(Stereo and Mono), the stereo UK vinyl in 2012,Mono UK vinyl in 2014, Christmas discs in 2017. I realize they did a US cd box but that was more of an Anniversary issue(if you remember they tied that in the 50th Anniversary of the first American visit). It just seems like they are trying to get all the UK physical releases out one last time. UK EPS would be my guess.

9. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Maybe a vinyl edition of 1963: The Bootleg Recordings!? ;)

Who Cares and Monasmee like this.
  10. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Lol.

I might actually get that.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  11. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

My guess is a 62-66/67-70 4lp vinyl box set.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  12. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

There's a lot of red and yellow in the catalog. Pepper has a red back cover and a yellow gatefold. Lots of red and yellow on the U.S. Magical Mystery Tour cover. And this fella:
    [​IMG]
    My mind immediately went here:
    [​IMG]
    ...and thus to speculation of a set of 1-themed singles, but that's largely a blind guess.

Monasmee likes this.
  13. Monasmee

Good points thanks.

Interesting how Yellow Submarine didn’t get its colorful logo image until two years after the single was released.

14. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

But the "clue" was that it was the same color as '1', with the implication that it has nothing to do with '1':

I've a feeling that the forum is ice cold with the guesses. It could be anything really.

15. mono-o-mono

mono-o-mono Forum Resident

You want it to be rereleased so you can feel smug. Ok

ARK likes this.
  16. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

17. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I agree. This makes the most sense to me. I just don't see Apple and the four primary stake-holders releasing anything else in the US configuration. I think they would prefer the world to experience the Beatles product as it was originally intended.

18. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Where (what posts) did we get hints about the colors?

19. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

"The Beatles never intended Capitol Records to distribute their music in America. How did Capitol get away with it for so long?

There were no business contracts involving the Beatles and Capitol. No Beatles tapes sent by George Martin to Capitol. Biggest heist that was NEVER intended to happen! A travesty and a big mystery to this day.

And don't get me started on the MILLIONS of stereo albums that snuck out, NEVER intended to be released. Mono only!"

musicfan37 and MarkTheShark like this.
  20. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

I understand your sarcasm but personally i also think there is a point to people saying that the US albums were “just” compilation albums, albeit hugely succesful. Exactly the same with the first three ACDC albums. The Aussie ones were the intended ones, even for me that discovered them through their international compilations. When i finally got their Aussie albums, those felt much more like the correct body of work.

21. Monasmee

I believe the color hints first appeared in the Abbey Road 50 thread a number of pages before this thread became a spin-off.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    Veech likes this.
  22. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

oof.. sorry, I catch you before coffee? :D

23. NumberEight

NumberEight Came too late and stayed too long

24. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I'm still hoping for a live set with some audio and video components. Shea, Japan and any other full concerts that they can source, Felt as though the Eight Days A Week should have had much more in the way of extras but I can perhaps see that to present this as a set would be a more interesting option. The video 1+ c0llection was red and this is an obviously companion to that set. I much more interesting scenario than a Capitol singles collection.

I can dream.

25. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

Odd since Capitol asked EMI for "the three newest songs" for the Y&T LP and G. Martin sent them the 3 key Revolver tracks.
    If he had smarts, G.M. should have sent them Leave My Kitten Alone, That Means A Lot and If You Got Trouble along with a note that read "to go pound sand".

Gila, NumberEight and MPLRecords like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.