Beatles "Past Masters" Vol 1 & 2 2 LP Vinyl Set Question?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael, Jan 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Beatles "Past Masters" 2 LP Vinyl Set Question?

Been away from vinyl...So, I'll ask the experts...Anyone know the value of a 2 LP Beatles "Past Masters" Vol 1 & 2...Mint..."Mastered By Wally" in dead wax...C1-91135...Purple Capital Label...With Promo Hole in upper right hand corner...This is important:thumbsup:
    Thanks!

2. peter

peter Senior Member

Don't know about value but this is a lousy pressing of this music. All digital. Even the UK version which I have sucks big time. Only reason to own it is because you get the Ringo Love Me Do, Yes It Is in true stereo (only place on vinyl to get this) and a few other tracks that are otherwise tough to find in true stereo on vinyl--though they do exist, like The Inner Light, which you can only get in analogue true stereo on the 1982 UK vinyl EP box set.

You can find most of these cuts in true analogue stereo by buying the following LP's: UK Collection of Oldies; Uk Hey Jude; UK RED & BLUE albums.

3. Michael

Thanks so much... I don't need one:) I have one...never played it, as I ended my vinyl collecting days a few years back...maybe someday I'll get another TT...Just need to know the value...

4. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

About 15 bucks.

5. Michael

Thanks Steve:):thumbsup:

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Keep it, I've heard worse...

7. Michael

Being Turntable-less, I'm tempted to let it go:) I'll probably never play it as I have many Beatle recordings in my collection...Just looking for a price feel.

8. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

It's not so bad, the only problem is that digitally mastered recordings on vinyl sound VERY bright. It's this way with all of the Beatles LP's from digital masters pressed on vinyl. Still, being the Beatles vinyl completist that I am, I own it(also Live At The BBC, Anthology I, II, & III, etc).

Evan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.