Beatles Remasters on Vinyl, part 3, etc.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Larry Johnson, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slane

slane Forum Resident

I haven't kept up with this thread for a while. Are you all saying now that they did save the post-EQ processing to 24/96, and this is being used for the vinyl (meaning they will be the same as the CDs, but higher res?)

2. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Life is too short. I've pre-ordered the box.

3. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

They'll sound like the CDs with all the "benefits" of vinyl

4. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

CD's have no benefit.

5. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

limited & numbered? I missed out on that feature

6. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway Curated Iconic Half-Speed Picture Disc

How utterly depressing. No wonder so much substandard music product gets released.

7. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

I think there is a marker for a transparent, audiophile-quality USD250 external device that would undo the EQ of the Beatles MFSL box.

8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

The 2009 mono set was supposed to be a numbered edition too, right?
    I don't know if I buy it.

9. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Well you're entitled to your opinion, but there's no rational reason that my own should "depress" you or anyone...unless maybe I have superpowers that nobody told me about...

My view is simply that the original Beatles vinyl pressings, albeit analog, are mostly lauded way out of proportion to their station where actual audio quality is concerned, with 1 or 2 exceptions. They could definitely be improved upon.

I also don't actually see what the point would be of Apple releasing a faithful analog re-recreation of LPs that can still be purchased, in NM condition, for not all that much. In other words, I already have near mint (and I mean near mint) blue box and original mono box LP sets to enjoy - I don't need new copies. Sorry if you don't, but perhaps you've heard of eBay?

10. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

What is the source that this set is a limited edition of 50,000 copies?

11. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

To listen to, perhaps?

If you'd take the time to read some of this thread you'll know why in better detail.

I know two people who will buy the entire set straight away. I know they plan on listening to the records, as well. I'm not going to wait on any reviews, but will just grab a few records and find out for myself if some of the others are worth pursuing.

But again, to answer your question, I believe the idea here is that people will utilize these records to listen to Beatles music.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.