Beatles Remasters On Vinyl: Please Post News Here (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by darkmatter, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

They need to get the entire vinyl catalog restored as all save the Capitol/Apple Abbey Road is out of print strictly speaking and it is probably easier to get RED and BLUE back in as a teaser and then press up the others ready for the core catalog relaunch.
    But anyway it's all good as we're going to be getting the lps we were promised back in September 2009.

2. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Have to wait and see what prices will once they are being sold?
    Might good to just get the boxset, is it essential really to own them also on stereo & mono?

I already got both boxsets on cd..

3. Izozeles

Izozeles Pushing my limits

You have a point, but if you´re looking for vinyl this will be the only way to get the mono albums at a reasonable price. So, if you liked the Mono Box and want to replicate the experience in vinyl, this is a great chance. You won´t get the full mono analog experience, but since the mono remasters where so great so can be safe on the SQ. However, I don´t think there´s going to be a sonic upgrade compared to the 2009 cd release.

4. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

5. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

6. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

The Blue Double will be a nice 'taster' for me if I should dive deeper in my savings for other albums and/or boxes!

7. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

8. jmoon

jmoon New Member

Great News!

Even if it gets delayed it looks like this will be happening...

9. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

Of all the "alerts" we've had I think this is the one that looks most like the real thing but I will save my excitement until I see it in the news section on thebeatles.com.

10. dphilippov

dphilippov Forum Resident

11. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

12. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

13. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

That's a pretty brilliant idea, IMO - a clever way to whet our appetites. If the Red & Blue sound amazing we'll all put in advance orders for the whole catalogue. :agree:

Hey, what's Stevie doing on the Past Masters album cover? :laugh:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Past-Masters-VINYL-Beatles/dp/B0041KVV8U/ref=sr_1_10?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1300192512&sr=1-10

http://www.amazon.de/Past-Masters-Vinyl-LP-Beatles/dp/B0041KVV8U/ref=sr_1_15?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1300192769&sr=1-15

Attached Files:

14. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

I wonder where Milkey is. Maybe he'll start believing now. ;)

15. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

Are there any details about the production of these LP's (facts or rumours)?

100% analogue stuff? Or will these be mastered from the high resolution digital source they used for the CD's as well?

16. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Delve in here - if you dare: http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=193922

17. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

18. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Er, you can't delve. That's just part one of this thread (which is part two). :) If you wanna delve, delve right here (but clean up when you're done ;-).

19. maxheadroom

maxheadroom Senior Member

"Past Master Blaster (Jammin')".

20. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Since these albums are showing up on Amazon, it would be nice for Apple/Beatles.Com to come out with an official announcement.

21. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Which would hopefully provide details on sources, mastering info, etc.

Perhaps it's as Drifter mentioned, put out the red and blue albums in May to whet appetites then over the summer gradually build up the hype release info then hope these will sell like crazy.

Hopefully they won't tie up quality pressing factories the way the Doors and Zeppelin boxes did a couple of years back.

22. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Do you think Apple must have a great deal of confidence in the sound quality of these albums, since they are being issued almost 4 months in advance of the rest of the Beatles official cannon? It could possibly backfire on them if the albums receive bad reviews. I would think the albums would be geared more towards the audiophile community than the remastered CDs.

23. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Other than a mono box (if it happens), I don't think ANY of the forthcoming Beatles LPs are specifically aimed at audiophiles -- I think the Beatles simply want all their albums available as they were originally released, on vinyl.

24. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

That's a good point.

I am going to wait until I read the reviews on this forum regarding the Red and Blue albums before I decide to purchase them.

25. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

I strongly disagree; if that were the case, they would have rushed these out in 2009 at about the same time as the CDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.