Beatles Stereo Box - Amazon.ca

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by AH55, Aug 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH55

AH55 Forum Resident Thread Starter

After crunching the numbers and seeing that it was probably a much better deal to get the Beatles box set rather than buy all the reissues individually, I went for it. I am just wondering if anybody else has ordered the boxset from Amazon.ca recently (direct from Amazon.ca, not a third party) and, if so, which version did you receive: US or UK/EU? I know that Amazon.ca probably sold the American (Rainbo pressing) of the box when it first was available (and for some time afterwards); however, I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised and receive the EU pressings. Anybody receive these from the site?

Bingo Bongo and tmtomh like this.
  2. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

I ordered from day one and received the EU records.All were flawless.

tmtomh, 7solqs4iago and AH55 like this.
  3. AH55

Thanks. Really hoping I luck out with this, too!

7solqs4iago likes this.
  4. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

I was thinking about getting this one as well because Mono is just so expensive now. Is Mono really that much better than the stereo box set?

Scott6 likes this.
  5. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

Each to their own but the packaging is far superior, simply outstanding, on the mono box set but obviously if you are not into the whole mono vs stereo thing and just want all the albums then go for the stereo box as that will be every album.

6. grsmnkey

grsmnkey Forum Resident

At the time of release, amazon.ca was shipping from two warehouses one on the west coast and one near Toronto. Depending on which location the box was shipped from, you got the US or EU version. Don't know how it is now and I can't remember which warehouse shipped the EU version. This might spark someone's memory, hopefully someone remembers.

AH55 likes this.
  7. AH55

Thanks for this. I’m hoping that the EU is sent as through my research it seems that the US box had been phased out over the last 8 years. As the set isn’t scheduled to arrive for about a month, I’m assuming that Amazon.ca is waiting for new stock to arrive..hopefully it is the EU pressing that I receive...fingers crossed.

8. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

It's a great box set. Brilliant remasters and lovely package. Just stay well clear of any of the 1987 CD's unless your hearing is that poor you can't tell the difference.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  9. AH55

Surprisingly, the box set arrived today!!!!! :) I have not unsealed it yet, but it looks stunning!

On the back there is a sticker that reads: Packaged in USA, Records Made in Germany. So.....it looks like Amazon.ca sent the EU pressings!!!!! I am very excited to run this records through the Record Doctor, sit back, and play these incredible albums. Just hope all the records are defective-free :)

10. Onrd

Onrd I am not a number

I did not have to deep clean my set. They were pretty pristine. I just did a light dusting.

AH55 likes this.
  11. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I'm holding out for the AAA stereo box set!!!!

12. Muffinbutt

Muffinbutt Forum Resident

IS this in the works!?

Bingo Bongo likes this.
  13. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I wish.... :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.