Beatles Upcoming Releases: group or solo

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmxw, Jul 28, 2022.

1. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Maccawings said none of the three projects in the pipeline were solo Paul (notwithstanding a last minute suprise addition at the end of the year). First of the three is already confirmed, the Ringo EP. My guess is the big pineapple-dance one is Revolver, and the third one John's STINYC.

tug_of_war likes this.
  2. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

Manifesting--

3. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

If they have nothing ready to go they should release the Jethro Tull’s Broadsword and the Beast deluxe set for Christmas.

4. sws2000

sws2000 Forum Resident

If this is coming out next month there should be a preorder link

5. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

the average window is around 50 days, not 60-90. ie, Gimme Some Truth had 8/27 announcement and was released 10/9. All of last year's releases had a similar timeframe.

6. Diego Esparcia

Diego Esparcia Forum Resident

It was re-released back in January on bluray. Only in Spain I think.

7. I Have Been Floated

I Have Been Floated Duke of Kirkcaldy

True. I forgot it wasn't solo Paul. If the big one is Revolver then I wonder what the "save your pennies" part is . The other album boxes have been relatively reasonable which makes me think it's it's very big. Maybe a '65-'66 box in the $300-$400 range.

8. batdude98

batdude98 Forum Resident

The Beatles B@@tleg Series Vol. 12: The Cutting Edge (1965-1966)

Jimmy Cooper, jmxw and BeatleJWOL like this.
  9. TheHutt

TheHutt Forum Resident

ponkine and mc7t like this.
  10. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. An album of all the U.K. singles only, which means the German tracks and ATU wouldn’t be included since they were not originally U.K. singles, and instead of being a niche item for collectors, it’s a mainstream release ala 1. And if anyone wonders why anyone would buy the same exact songs again, well that’s exactly what they thought when 1 was released and that did ok. Other then the big boxes they will eventually turn to new ways to sell the core catalog, so I don’t think this is too far out of the realm of possibility

batdude98 likes this.
  11. SunSon

SunSon Lucky Boomer

Or kinda lame.
    @maccawings said in the other thread, "The more exciting release coming next."
    Which one is that? Has the exciting one been confirmed?
    BTW no knock on you maccawings, we all love your info.

Man at C&A likes this.
  12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

If you mean has it been announced officially? The answer is no, not yet. But that release will be coming…….guaranteed!

13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

The third one I’ll stay apprehensive about until a release date is attached

14. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

Not in this case. A Contracorriente is a legitimate company. They distributed the film in theatres before the Blu-ray.

andrewskyDE and Diego Esparcia like this.
  15. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

But the third one is coming right? They are just finalizing the details I guess?

16. MednaTheFox

MednaTheFox Well-Known Member

I'm excited to see what Peter Jackson is up to with his new Beatles Movie Idea..

As for the box set releases, the ones that I'm looking forward to the most are George's next box (either Bangladesh or Living In The Material World), John's STINYC Box, Paul's next Archive Collection (I believe it's gonna be Press To Play... X-P), and anything from Ringo, really. Ringo doesn't seem to get a whole lot of love.

Now for the stuff I know is probably not gonna happen, but I can still dream! Anthology Expanded Edition, PPM-BFS Remixes & The Let It Be Movie in 4K. Although, I don't think we really need LiB rereleased.. Get Back already filled that hole, and then some.

17. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Capitol Vol. III CD boxset coming in September.....

18. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Yessss
    Revolver
    Yesterday and Today
    and???

saborlord123 and Bingo Bongo like this.
  19. boggs

boggs Multichannel Machiavellian

:laughup:

Keith V likes this.
  20. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

September 2099

boggs likes this.
  21. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

It is expected but I am always cautious until a date attached

tug_of_war and joeislive like this.
  22. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

SunSon, Bingo Bongo and Keith V like this.
  23. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Of course we need Let it Be on bluray/dvd Get Back is awesome but I don’t like the idea of it’s existence should negate LiB. It’s still a part of the story and based on Jackson’s comments I don’t think that was his intention either. Besides there’s still a hole on my Beatles film shelf that needs filling (that sounds filthy :D)

24. green_ovation

green_ovation Forum Resident

Sounds like a job for Dick Lester!

Generation42 and joeislive like this.
  25. freddiebell

freddiebell Forum Resident

I like it. For those of us who were at the show(s), it makes for a nice remembrance, all the more so if one likes that particular iteration of the Paul McCartney Band (Lumpy Trousers), which I do. My only real reservation is that it's only a partial treatment of what was a pretty special tour all around. Much of value did not make the final cut.

At any rate Lester only did with it what McCartney wanted for him to do. It may or may not have been Lester's conception, but it didn't go to market without Sir Paul signing off on it or otherwise approving of the concept and the execution. So it seems your beef is more with The Man and his sense of what he wanted to convey. To the extent that people almost always seem to have an issue with his live releases, both audio and video, maybe we need to consider what (actually, who) they all have in common.