BEATLES WHITE ALBUM GERMAN WHITE VINYL MINT SEALED

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by quicksrt, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member Thread Starter

This is the famous APPLE / GEMA white vinyl pressing adored by SH members round these parts for the analog tapes used, and the DMM Mastering which resulted in a very punchy yet smooth sound. The white vinyl is the virgin type, more quiet than the UK EMI compound.

Poster and Pictures printed on heavy card stock, and embossed lettering (not printed) on front cover. Not seen MINT and STILL SEALED anymore, don't let this last one slip by, you'll regret it in two years when they are going for $500 in MINT Condition like this one is.:righton:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=140136348940&rd=1&rd=1

2. LesPaul666

LesPaul666 Mr Markie - The Rock And Roll Snarkie

I'm gonna bid, and take may chances on this one.:agree:

3. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Yeah, well good luck now that it's been listed here.

4. LesPaul666

%**& If I knew I was gonna screw up the Buy It Now, i would have never bid!

5. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

I didn't know it was a buy-it-now.

6. LesPaul666

It was BIN for 200 bucks.

7. quicksrt

yes, you broke my heart when you did that.

8. LesPaul666

9. quicksrt

Oh well, at least now you have a very clear picture of what seller's expectations are, and where you might stand in the food chain of other crazed Beatles buyers.

10. LesPaul666

Well, if it's won I'll gladly post it here for the actual price, if that can actually happen. Oh, the guilt!;)

11. quicksrt

There is no guilt at all. I like to see the chips fall as they may. It could stall out at $61.00, or it could go to $275.01. It is up to the moon and tides and how they line up.:D

12. quicksrt

Don't cry, I am going to make the stars line up for you right now.:wave:

13. LesPaul666

I just did.

14. Never mind. heh heh . . .

15. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Does anyone know how the German white vinyl compares to the Australian, French, English, or Canadian pressings? I have all of these (and the German) in my collection but have never played them.

16. I own the 1985 German white vinyl DMM and the 1978 UK export white vinyl. It's a toss up as to which has the better sound quality. Both have a lot of detail. The imaging on the German is a tiny bit narrow, but also more forward, and more real, you-are-there. Very natural and realistic. There is a touch more edge to the treble, as well, when compared to the 1978 UK. The 1978 UK, on the other hand, while just as detailed as the 1985 German DMM, is more rich, more warm, and has a slightly wider, deeper (ie, less in your face) stereo image. A teensy bit more romantic than realistic.

17. adhoc

adhoc Gentlemen Prefer Stereo

Then... Play them? :confused:

18. PMC7027

That would significantly decrease their value. I have them as collector's items, not as records. I have other editions of The Beatles that I can play.

19. Well, the 1978 UK export white vinyl and the 1985 German white vinyl DMM are really worth owning as "records," and not as "collector's items," because they are two of the three best sounding pressings of the White Album, period!

20. PMC7027

Your opinion is noted.

21. Thanks. Of course, if you have the German first pressing of the White Album, with SMO 2051/2052 in the matrices, I wouldn't bother opening either of the white vinyl pressings!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.