Beatles White album value

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Country Girl, Oct 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Country Girl

Country Girl New Member Thread Starter

I bought a Beatles White Album set at a yard sale the other day, and have been researching it on the internet. From what I've found. it's a 1980 reissue pressing from Canada. It's black vinyl with the purple Capitol Records label. SWBO-101. Fold out cover, in good condition, 2 LP's. No pictures or poster. The vinyl itself is pristine, no marks anywhere, and sounds good. I am trying to figure out it's value, as I plan on selling it. Can anyone give me an idea ? Thanks....

2. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Try to find the exact pressing on discogs and look at what copies of it are being offered for.

3. grandegi

grandegi Blind test maniac

4. wendigone

wendigone Forum Resident

Lack of poster/pictures may hurt you. Most people want the complete package, especially if they are going to pay premium prices. Remember, the poster also included the lyrics on the back.

5. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

"good condition" does not tell us much. LPs are graded M, NM, VG+, VG, VG-, G, and finally Poor.

This album would need to be nearly like new to fetch even $16 - $18 range. No pix and no poster, and it's a tough sell.

There are too many alternatives for the buyer to choose from now. And a lot of old folks who bought mid 70s Apple labels from UK, Holland, and Germany, oh and Japan are just about cashing out now. So the used market is full to the brim of white album from every country pre-1980.

6. Cronverc

Cronverc Forum Resident

Personally I would never pay more than $10 for ANY US or Canadian Beatles pressing, except maybe "Long Tall Sally", "Beatlemania!" and "Twist And Shout" originals, just because they rare somehow.
    The rest are NOT RARE. Sound quality inferior to most European pressings and jackets quality usually suck.

But You might luck out selling it to some clueless hipster, lately, since "vinyls" once again become "cool" and "hip" a lot of those guys been digging around and buying everything without even checking condition sometimes.

7. Gregalor

Gregalor Forum Resident

It blows my mind how many For Sale posts there are on Reddit that don’t even mention condition. And whenever someone brags about their thrift store haul of 20 records for $5 and I say “Yeah but what condition are they in? You didn’t say”, it’s some unpopular controversial observation that’s raining on the parade.

quicksrt likes this.
  8. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

On Discogs, you may only get 10-15 after fees, etc. You may make nothing if you don't grade it correctly and the buyer isn't happy. If you were to get your best value: find the four images and poster (frankenstein if needed), clean it up, put it in a shiny sleeve, have a garage sale, put 30 bucks on it and be happy with 20. Keep in mind, the purple labels generally sound great (better than originals most of the time). That's a big selling point to the casual buyer.

9. whisaeri000

whisaeri000 Well-Known Member

Clean and in the right environment this can go for good money. If you have local record shows this seems like a perfect candidate to start building a booth with

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.