Beaver & Krause - In A Wild Sanctuary/Gandharva, long OOP CD, both albums on one disc

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Platterpus, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member Thread Starter

I noticed on eBay a used "like new" CD copy of the long OOP 1994 Beaver & Krause - In A Wild Sanctuary/Gandharva 2fer CD on Warner Bros/Warner Archives of this duos 3rd and 4th albums on one CD. I have this CD since I bought it when it initially came out and the sound is amazing. Now these 2 albums came out last decade as separate CD reissues on the excellent CCM label and those are long OOP as well. I have no doubt the CCM CDs sounded fine as well but to get both albums on one CD without having to fork over a large amount of money, this is a great deal. The only thing that may turn off some buyers is the gold promo stamp on the cover but other than that this looks like a nice clean copy of this CD. Plus free shipping. These albums are a must for anyone into ambient music, early electronics and electroacoustic music. Plus a shot of funk, gospel, world music and new age music as we know it:

Gandharva/In a Wild Sanctuary by Beaver & Krause (CD, Jul-1994, Warner Bros.) 93624566328 | eBay

Just listen at the 3:10 mark below from the piece titled "Spaced." You get to hear the THX theme made a decade earlier:

Spaced_InAWildSanctuary.mov

Below are the separate Discogs entries for both albums to show you all the players involved:

Beaver & Krause - In A Wild Sanctuary
    Beaver & Krause - Gandharva

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  2. Platterpus

3. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

4. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I think these may have been recalled because they failed to credit George Harrison for the music.

Platterpus likes this.
  5. Platterpus

:laugh:

6. Platterpus

7. neut6o1

neut6o1 Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up, I would like to buy this, but do you know how to get the shipping free in the US from the seller? It shows with the $4 when I go to checkout.

8. Platterpus

Just buy it now and see if the seller has an option in the eBay checkout to wave the shipping fee. He can always adjust the invoice for you later if needed. Or just contact the seller first and have him send you an invoice. Or just buy it and send your paypal payment later after he contacts you. I think this can still be done but I am not sure. You may have to go through the whole thing including Paypal to be able to get the item so it is no longer for sale.

9. neut6o1

neut6o1 Forum Resident

10. Platterpus

Good luck. I hope you get what you want before someone else may nab it. I heard about the Cherry Red CD reissue when it was announced but I really can't get into that 3rd WB album by them "All Good Men." I've listened to clips of it on youtube and I found a used vinyl copy for a buck. I just can't find any enjoyment in the album since it is so far removed from their more electronic material. The price for that 3 album set is really good but that 3rd album just does not interest me. I wish that their Mercury/Limelight album Ragnarök Electronic Funk would get a CD reissue.

11. neut6o1

neut6o1 Forum Resident

The seller didn't respond to my message. However, I just checked and the seller switched it to free shipping so I bought it. Thanks for the recommendation and the pointer to the ebay listing. Definitely something I never heard of and I love ambient music from the 70s.

Platterpus likes this.
  12. Platterpus

Good to hear you got it. You will enjoy this CD. The sound quality is really good. Stereo demonstration quality IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.