Beck - "Colors", new album in October 2017*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Groovy, Jun 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

So far, I've liked all 3 singles that I've heard.
    Really kinda brings me back to his earlier days, which is my favorite.

2. whisper3978

whisper3978 Forum Resident

Nice. It almost sounds like something for the Trolls soundtrack, similar to Timberlake's single from this summer.

3. reverendjim

reverendjim Forum Resident

Not a ton of info out there for something supposedly coming out in less than a month. Is this still happening for October 21?

4. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

This may be one of those things that "drops" digitally on Apple music before getting a "real" (to me) release.

5. djej

djej Forum Resident

6. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

No further updates on this yet? I'm starting to wonder if this is really coming out at all this year. I'd been vaguely keeping an eye on the Hostess Records website (Beck's Japanese label) as I was looking for information on any potential bonus tracks. Until recently the label had a placeholder section for the album on the October release page but now it no longer lists the album for release in October, November or December.

7. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Me ×2

DrBeatle likes this.
  8. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident Thread Starter

End of November and still nothing.

My hope is that he's had second thoughts on pleasing other people, scrapped this project, either partially or completely, in favor of following his instincts. It's always worked for him before.

Then again, maybe he's happy with it and it's just delayed.

9. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Maybe he doesn't want it to interfere with the reissues about to come out?

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  10. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Anxiously awaiting this new album. Unlike some of us, I really like what I've heard so far.
    It's a good change in tempo from "Morning Phase"

11. Nathan Aaron

Nathan Aaron Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Finally! I've waited so long for this! And the reissue sounds amazing to me!

12. Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck Forum Resident

Definitely an improvement over B Change, but not as good as D Change.

oneway23, jason202 and telepicker97 like this.
  13. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident Thread Starter

14. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

i always thought beck was the next neil young.

15. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Inspired by The Strokes?! What - derivative music made by poseurs?

Still have high hopes.

16. jumpinjulian

jumpinjulian Forum Resident

Still waiting on the new album, but he's just announced a Red Rocks show supported by Preservation Hall Jazz Band.
    Bonus for me is that I was already coming from Australia to see Ween the night after, so now I get two amazing shows at Red Rocks for my troubles.
    I bet he's bringing the summer vibes he mentions in the above nme article!

17. pghmusiclover

Well that's encouraging that maybe the new album is forthcoming! When is your show scheduled? Funny, I was just wondering yesterday if there was any news on this!

jumpinjulian likes this.
  18. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

reminds me of when I was going to bend, Oregon, to see Tenacious D, and Beck announced a show the night after the D show. nothing like a little good luck. have fun!

jumpinjulian likes this.
  19. jumpinjulian

That's awesome!
    I actually saw Tenacious D open for Beck at The Tropicana in Vegas back in 1999 on my first ever trip to the USA.
    I had no idea who they were at the time, but laughed my a** off.
    Coincidentally I'm also going to see Ween in Bend Oregon on this trip too. Never been there or Portland so am pretty excited!

Kevin j likes this.
  20. jumpinjulian

The show is on July 11. I believe he's also playing two festival dates around then too.

21. TheRealMcCoy

TheRealMcCoy Senior Member

This is I guess rather typical of Beck... drop a couple of songs last year... Then no album or any concrete release date... and so we wait..

22. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Loved "Dreams," and really disliked "Wow" and "Up All Night." Beck is a strange one musically - veers from one style/mood to another, radically different one. Based on the three singles so far, the upcoming album likely will be a pass for me. But his unpredictability and willingness to zip from indie to mainstream and back again is what makes him capable of producing the work I really love, so I'm fine with sitting this one out and waiting for his creative muse to bring him back to me in the future.

23. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

His new lp when it does finally come out, should (IMO) not include any of the singles released. A small gift to patrons of his work that have had to put up with enough time span to get sick of them. on PBS recently I heard an instrumental bit from 'WOW' used in a commercial...

24. pghmusiclover

25. pghmusiclover

Sean likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.