Best Buy deal in store

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Mike1055, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Wow! Awesome score. Stopped at my store a couple hours ago and they had nothing.

2. Thurenity

Thurenity Listening to some tunes

You can try but I wouldn't trust it -- I actually tested this out with items I knew were in my local BB as I had just returned from there, but the online site just showed it as "unavailable in store".

I didn't go out of my way, but luckily I was traveling this week so I made it a point to hit a few BB's that were on my route or close to it.

It was interesting to observe the different responses I had gotten to these 99 cents deals. I had cashiers that questioned the price, and I give them credit for doing that. But the managers let it go through and in one case the manager pulled the other boxed set off the shelf for himself. ;) But I also had one cashier that didn't bat an eye or question it at all, which I thought was a little more disconcerting.

3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I thought the LPs were discounted to 99 cents too.

But when I found a Stylistics BEST OF LP it had a $9.99 sticker and rang-up at that price too.

Attached Files:

4. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

I found Eminem's Relapse LP for .99 cents.

5. slayerhatesusall

slayerhatesusall Well-Known Member

Snagged all these for 99 cents each at the Chesapeake va best buy:
    [​IMG]

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Also found for 99 cents;

Michael Jackson : Motown Years (3cd)
    Kasey Chambers : Wayward Angel

7. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Much thanks to slayerhatesusall for the photo of the CDs that DO ring up for 99 cents.

Yesterday I visited the local BB, found a clearance bin of $4.99 CDs, culled about a dozen of 'em (RL Jones' Pop Pop, Muddy's Folksinger, the Cars' first album, Gary Clark Jr.'s ep) . . . and, as you might expect, NONE of 'em rang up at 99 cents.

Now that I've gone through this entire thread (I got hipped to the BB "specials" via another thread), I may be better armed--IF I return to that sad scene that is the local BB. (Big IF, of course.)

Thanks again, slayerhatesusall, for the visual evidence!

Chaz

8. poidog

poidog Senior Member

That was Best Buy's regular "CD Treasure Bin". The clearance bin should be a white, square cardboard bin with a red clearance sign on the side. And the clearance CDs should have a yellow price sticker on the front and a blank yellow sticker over the top edge.

9. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

And thanks to you, poidog, for this head's-up. (All those yellow stickers can be seen in the photo posted by slayerhatesusall, but your description above is also a big help.)

If only I had known what to look for, I might have blown ten or 20 dollars.

Now, I doubt it.

But one never knows what temptation Sunday's BB insert may bring.

(I did use the trip to visit the computer [er, tablet] section of the store. That $199 Samsung tablet looked pretty tempting--despite its wimpy 8GB storage capacity. [Yeah, I was told about adding up to 32GB via a mini SD card.])

Thanks again, poidog.

Chaz

10. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Hit the preholiday jackpot.
    2 Depeche Mode Songs of the Universe boxes and 3 Queen boxes..$53.44 total.

11. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

You should have paid 4.95.

12. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Yeah they should be .99 cents each now.

13. masterbucket

I guess I wll take them back and get the updated prices not that I can complain.:shh:

14. Jayski

Jayski Forum Resident

Normally, that would be a great deal. I actually did the same thing, bought a few of these and a week or so later found out they were .99. I just brought in the receipt and they refunded the difference.

NOW it's a great deal!

15. masterbucket

Wow.
    Now the total is $5.30.
    Like Arnold says "I'll be back"

16. slayerhatesusall

Went to another 3 best buys today. The first one didn't have a clearance bin or anything good on the shelves.
    The second one had a clearance bin but the only box set was a linkin park one, all the cds were 99 cents:
    [​IMG]

The last one looked bad when I went in since their was no clearance bin and the music area was small but on the shelves I found these for 99 cents each:

[​IMG]

No queen or depeche mode boxes were there. The last store also had a bunch of linkin park fanclub sets with shirts, cds and other stuff for 99 cents each but I didn't buy any of them except the ones I got at the other stores. Also checked rolling stones- some girls box, a joe walsh box set, and some other box and they were all normal priced.

17. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

The other stuff may have been "crap", but I certainly wouldn't consider Brian Setzer crap. :shake:

18. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

HELP was $.99?!? I have to hit a few more BB's!!

19. slayerhatesusall

Yep. I was surprised, I thought the one that was 99 cents would be the normal version but its the deluxe boxset edition.

20. leeroy jenkins

leeroy jenkins Forum Resident

Picked up the Queen box today for 99 cents. That's just ridiculous

21. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

Just found a Beatles Help box that rang up for 99 cents. There were four of them, all yellowed from sitting on the shelves since, what, 2009? I already had that newer version of the DVD, but it is cool to get the poster, lobby cards and, especially, the annotated shooting script.

22. mike65!

mike65! Senior Member

I just got back from BB and there were no Help! Box sets. If someone wants to help me out, I'd be grateful. I have a Queen box I can trade if you're interested.

23. spewey

spewey Senior Member

I got a couple of Depeche Mode boxsets and a some Rainbow Children for 99 cents today in North Little Rock! Woo hoo! I'm gonna be the best Santa this year!

24. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

After getting some titles I already bought price matched yesterday, I picked up Scissor Sisters' Ta-Dah 2xCD Deluxe for $0.99.

But the kicker was that I found a sealed DVD Audio JVC Special Edition Yes disc called "Popular Selections from "Magnification" and "House of Yes: Live from House of Blues"." There is no barcode or even an item number on it. The manager came over and just gave it to me. Looks like it's a promo only disc that somehow got mixed up in the bin. Pretty jacked; nice pick up.

25. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

Just picked up the last Cosmos Rocks box at Perimeter Mall BB (Atlanta) for $0.99. Thats 99 cents. Marked $119.99.

Just 5 mins ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.