Best Buy Extra Buck Conspiracy?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ubsman, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I was thinking of this just this morning (in response to David).

I own several laserdiscs, maybe 50 or so. One of the ones I haven't seen in a while was the Pink Floyd "Live At Pompeii". I have a UK copy that was released through PGD and the reflective surface is getting rotty. The last time I played it on my Pioneer, I got 2% snow. I'm sure now I'll get much worse because my laser of Roger Rabbit went STRAIGHT to heck in a matter of 14 months after I found a problem.

So here I sit well after the storm of a new release knowing I could get a used DVD of Pompeii for less, and I'll be replacing an overloved LD copy. I could have gone right at the beginning and spent the $21, but I'm kinda glad I waited, right? :)

2. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Like vibes said there's no price conspiracy here...though with this elasticity test in different areas, coupled with no more free shipping, I wonder if BB is looking for savings of its own - which they are within their right to do, of course.

Side note: when I saw the title in the first post I said "What the ?!?!" Only a quick Google search on it and coming up with South Park kept me from getting more ticked off. So I didn't complain.

3. vibes

vibes Forum Resident

You are correct. You can't squeeze additional margin out of suppliers forever, so you have to look for other ways to do it. This is not indicative of poor sales performance for Best Buy, however. Its performance in the second quarter was quite good compared to its competitors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.