Best Buy vinyl sale (January 2023)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by shnaggletooth, Jan 3, 2023.

1. stefanb

stefanb Forum Resident

If anyone has extra/unwanted Green Day Dookie + Insomniac 2lp from this sale let me know please!

2. MekkaGodzilla

MekkaGodzilla Forum Resident

Picked up KISS - "Rock & Roll Over" for $9.49 and Green Day - "Insomniac" (2 x LP) for $10.99 this afternoon. BOTH rang up as "CD" on my receipt.

Odd thing was, the other KISS album they had there, "Destroyer", rang up as full price. :shrug:

3. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

Stopped by BB today to see if anything was left. No Crimson, Floyd or Springsteen but plenty was still on the shelves. In addition to the compiled list above, I found the following was also on clearance...

Red Hot Chili Peppers Unlimited Love $12.99 ($35.99)
    WAR Greatest Hits 2.0 $14.99 ($40.99)
    Guns n Roses Greatest Hits $14.99 ($39.99)
    TwentyOne Pilots Blurryface $11.99 ($32.99)

As the post above, everything on my receipt also rang up as CD and several scanned as a different album but with the same retail price so I figured a dollar or 2 either way would probably even out. Also, when I looked over the receipt, I realized the cashier didn't ring up The Who Sells Out so unless I have a severe conflict of conscience, I came out well ahead.

dee, JasonA and hutlock like this.
  4. GunsOfBrixton

GunsOfBrixton Forum Resident

Another productive lunch trip, again with a nice bundle of finds and great service. Unfortunately, I'm out of Best Buys to plunder. All told, 25 records I actually wanted (well, a couple are gifts) for $328 out the door. At this point, I'm probably done buying records.

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Only one that was not on the list - 21 pilots Blurryface -$11.99

A few to add to the not on sale list - Stones - Goats Head and Blue & Lonesome, Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow, and Johnny Winter - 3rd degree.

(and thank you to @jayceman for compiling the list - I had it open in the store and it was very helpful to my aging brain)

Tjazz likes this.
  5. hype

hype Forum Resident

Cars- Moving in Stereo Best of The Cars (2LP) $11.99
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 (Picture Disc) $7.49
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2LP) - $9.49
    Al Green - Greatest Hits (Best Buy Exclusive Green) $7.99
    Sinéad O'Connor – So Far…The Best Of Sinéad O'Connor (Clear 2LP) $11.99
    Beatles #1's (2LP) $17.99

Here's what I ended up with! Sadly, every album I was most excited to get (probably a good 20 or so) were all not on clearance but overall it was well worth the trip and I appreciate the heads up of this thread as I def. would have never went otherwise.

hutlock likes this.
  6. mch007

mch007 Forum Resident

Visited couple of Best Buy stores

Store 1
    Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run ($8.49)
    Green Day - Insomniac 2LP ($10.99)

Store 2
    Sly & the Family Stone - There's Riot Going On ($8.99)

Cat Steven - Teaser & the Firecat in Store 1 was not discounted.
    As per bestbuy.com Pink Floyd - DSOTM should have been there in Store 2 but did not find it. I have this album in all the different formats (cassette, CD, SACD, Blu-ray) except for vinyl, so wanted to rectify that.

Other 2 high on my wishlist were not there in these stores

King Crimson - In the Court of Crimson King (Have in CD+DVD-A format, one of my favorite albums ever)
    Forrest Gump ST

7. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

I was finally able to hit one of my local Best Buys today. They had a few of the "clearance" titles in stock but when I took them to the register to price check they all came up as regular priced matching what was on the sticker and/or the website listing. Disappointed but they didn't really have the titles I was after (Police & Cars greatest, Bad Brains etc). I will try and hit another 1 or 2 of the stores close to me and report back.

Thanks very much to Jayceman for the list. I copied and pasted it into a document and printed it out to have a reference guide while browsing the vinyl racks!!!

8. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thank you all for everything reported so far. I had a few minutes to stop by the Best Buy close to me. Here’s what I got:

The Black Crowes - 1972 $7.99
    Tom Petty - Angel Dream $9.49
    Guns N Roses - Greatest Hits $14.99
    Bob Dylan - Essential $10.99
    The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced $5.99

[​IMG]

SJP, JasonA and Aggie87 like this.
  9. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Went to a Best Buy that had a ton compared to the others I’ve been to. Mostly the above titles but also the following which I picked up.

Fleetwood Mac Greatest Hits - 9.49
    Pink Floyd - The Wall - 15.99
    Phil Spector - A Christmas Gift for You - 7.49
    Bob Dylan - Bringing it All Back Home - 6.99
    Bob Marley - Legend - 9.49
    Doors - Self Titled - 8.49

They also had a couple of Sundazed pressings which didn’t ring up at all.

Tjazz, black sheriff and JasonA like this.
  10. hype

hype Forum Resident

Mine had a few of those Sundazed releases as well and they manually inputted them to check and none were on clearance.

ATMP likes this.
  11. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

Didn’t realize the Marvin Gaye AAA was on this sale. Gonna go back tomorrow and hope there’s a copy as I was prepared to drop MSRP for it earlier today.

12. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

I went this morning and the section was clearly picked over. I got a copy of Nine Inch Nails’ pretty hate machine for $8.49.

Interestingly, they also had a copy of the Beatles white album with Esher demos, but it was unwrapped with no barcode and not on their website anymore, so they had no idea what to charge me for it!

Might try another location later…

13. ngower

ngower Forum Resident

Yeah went into mine today and all they had were like GNR, Travis Scott, etc. Was hopeful I'd find the Marvin Gaye record but alas, seems like the time to buy has passed. The nearest alternative BB is an hour away so no thanks.

14. MonkeyLizard

MonkeyLizard Forum Resident

Are You Experienced just rang up for $20.99

15. mrdon

mrdon Senior Member

I went to one of the (many) local Best Buys today and no discount vinyl to be found. :(

marcb likes this.
  16. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Has the sale ended? It's so weird how random and inconsistent this one has been from store to store.

17. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

Nope. Reports above indicate people having gotten things today, so presumably still on. Debating going to one more tonight, but I probably have already spent enough on stuff I don’t truly need. These darn sales are so hard to stay away from though!

18. MonkeyLizard

Just went to another store, picked out Rubber Soul, Are You Experienced, and Thriller pic disc and they were all list price.

19. MonkeyLizard

Ditto at another store

20. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Well that seems like the end of that. Just as well as I wasn’t going to get there until tomorrow anyway. Saves me a trip and some $$$.

Tjazz and throwupmyhands like this.
  21. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

yes, it looks like it’s over. I just went to another location and the same record. I bought this morning on sale was now full price. The clerk had no idea that the sale was even going on or why it might’ve ended.

MonkeyLizard likes this.
  22. wza97

wza97 Forum Resident

I got Experience Hendrix for $8.49 and Cars Moving in Stereo for $11.99 today. So it may or may not be active. I'm done though. I need to be.

Thesmellofvinyl likes this.
  23. t4t3r

t4t3r Forum Resident

Have been meaning to check my locals and I drove right by my closest store today and completely forgot to stop. :rolleyes: Website still shows lots of stock for my store(s) but might’ve missed it anyway.

24. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Ditto. And there were some which have been discounted elsewhere.

25. ATMP

ATMP Forum Resident

It’s just bizarre. “Clearance” usually means something different than “sale.”

wza97 likes this.