Best Deal Ever? T Rex 'Slider' 40th Anniversary Box For £20/$30!!!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by jl151080, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Same here.

2. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Keep a lookout for the van!

Mine came about 20 minutes ago. Dispatch email sent on 14/1, so not too bad.

Nice looking box. Haven't opened it yet. Almost a shame to!

My number is 1/2000.

I'm lying, it's 1116/2000!

3. RobCooper

RobCooper Cobwebs & Strange

Mine came yesterday - number 1825! Very pleased with this so thanks for the heads up! Running out of super deluxe box set space on the shelf now!

jl151080 and Bobby Morrow like this.
  4. Bobby Morrow

I don't think I have a shelf this will fit on!

jl151080 likes this.
  5. Bobby Morrow

Have opened up the box now. Very nice. One of the best deluxe editions I've ever seen. Especially for £20! I can't help feeling they'd have done better to release a not-so-deluxe version with the vinyl excluded. It's nice and all, but I have the originals of the album and singles and don't play them!

Looking forward to the DVD and the remastered album. The book is good, but a bit cumbersome. He said ungratefully! The other bits and pieces are sweet. The fan club letter with it's 1972 prices made me smile.

May wear the rosette when I go shopping later! Would wearing it get me beaten up quicker in 1972 or 2015 I wonder?!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    mikmcmee and jl151080 like this.
  6. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I would imagine that mine would have arrived today as well then, the trouble is I am away for another couple of weeks. I hope that they have not just left it outside the door of my apartment as I hear they sometimes do.

7. Bobby Morrow

I'd hope not too.

You've been gone for weeks! Hope you're having fun.

8. LSP

LSP Well-Known Member

Have to say I'm surprisingly excited about this box. Part of it is the anticipation of re-living my pre-teen Glam experience - it would be cool if Slade could do something like this, but unfortunately they never made a classic studio album IMO - and part is looking fwd to sharing it with my 15 yr old son, who has astounded & delighted me by finally showing an interest in music, Bowie in particular. When I told him about this box, he said he'd like one too at that price - even though he's never heard any T.Rex, lol.

Seems churlish to complain, but from what I can make out in the pics, the '40 page music book' doesn't feature gtr tabs...:cry:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
    mikmcmee and Bobby Morrow like this.
  9. Bobby Morrow

I like In Flame and Old New Borrowed & Blue by Slade, but I don't suppose either are iconic albums...

You and your son will love The Slider box.

10. BigDanT

BigDanT Forum Resident

I think you should be able to work out Marcs guitar parts by ear its not hard

11. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I got mine sent to my dads in Scotland as the offer wasn't available to Switzerland. It was delivered yesterday but the delivery company just dumped it at my dads front door, he would never have known it was there but for a neighbour knocking on his door and telling him there had been a box lying there all day.

12. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Oh god, it is not looking good for me with my delivery then.

13. RobCooper

RobCooper Cobwebs & Strange

Watched the DVD tonight. Loved the Russell Harty interview. But I did notice that watching on my TV that there seems to be some poor PAL to NTSC conversion going on - lots of horrible lines appearing when cameras pan or quick cut. A shame as it's a little distracting on the TOTP footage.

14. billy1

billy1 Forum Resident

Poor? More like abysmal. The best part of the DVD is available elsewhere mostly - but if I'd paid even £75-80 for this set I'd be raging. Still the CD is shockingly rather good, a nice book and I still spin records so I can't complain - even though I just did.:)

RobCooper and Bobby Morrow like this.
  15. Bobby Morrow

Yes, it's an annoyance. You get better quality footage with TOTP on BBC4 on Thursday nights!

RobCooper likes this.
  16. stepeanut

My Slider box has finally arrived! Can't wait to get home from work, to check it out.

That Hermes courier is a nightmare to deal with. We have 'previous', as Cockney gangster types say.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  17. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Yep I heard mine arrived also, dumped outside the door of my apartment, despite having a concierge in the building. Oh well, at least it arrived and nobody nicked it.

stepeanut likes this.
  18. stepeanut

Just finished going through the box, and all I can say is wow. What a fantastic package, and what a bargain. I'm thrilled.

Btw, there doesn't seem to be any logic behind the limited edition numbering -- mine is 0101/2000.

19. MonkeysCantSwing

MonkeysCantSwing Forum Resident

I think both "Slade Alive" and "Slayed?" are at least close to iconic 70's albums. In some way. But I've been Slayed from an early age so I could be wrong.

Anyway, my "Slider" box came through last week. Took three days to Sweden. Got number 1772/2000. Good (and very cheap) stuff, thanks for the tip!

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  20. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

This message appeared on Facebook today. I checked my order for the Acid Jazz box and it says to contact Customer services, I'm waiting to hear back from them

Hi folks. We're very sorry but it appears some of you are experiencing problems with stock availability when ordering from MyPlay. There has been a delay with some stock but please contact MyPlay's customer service department by clicking here and letting them know your order number and they will be happy to confirm a date for you. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. We're fixing this straight away.
    http://www.myplaydirect.com/demon-music/contact/new

21. LSP

LSP Well-Known Member

Well I've been waiting patiently since ordering in mid-Jan with no sign of a despatch notice, then yesterday they contacted me to say they were out of stock, wouldn't be getting any more, and will be refunding me.

WTF! When I ordered, it said 'in stock', but they evidently have an appalling stock control system. Can't say I desperately wanted this, but if I did I'd be mighty pissed off. Won't be using them again...

22. Bobby Morrow

That's a shame. I'd be annoyed too..

23. Former Scientist

Former Scientist Now on wheels....

Me too. I got a 10% off code, good until March, as recompense. Thanks...I guess.....

24. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Same thing happened to me. I ordered another set as a gift for a friend mid January and got the same email yesterday. At least I managed to get one for myself.

25. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

This last week has finally seen the last of my Demon orders arrive. It has taken many e-mails to myplay's customer service staff to achieve this. I have, though, accumulated a number of items I didn't order which myplay don't want back: two extra copies of The Leveller's Mouth To Mouth CD, an extra copy of Deacon Blue's Homesick CD, a Cast CD I never ordered and three Ian McCulloch CD's I never ordered. Now I just have to play all my CDs to see that they are OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.