Best Deal Ever? T Rex 'Slider' 40th Anniversary Box For £20/$30!!!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by jl151080, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member Thread Starter

Don't know for sure but I don't think so. I know the Tanx/Zinc deluxe set has different bonus material to the 2 CD sets, which is frustrating as I don't own the 2 CD sets and don't want to double dip.

2. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I do not have this set yet but too be honest I think that anything worth having from that period is on the Edsel release.

3. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Edsel had all of the available music for the original deluxe 2 CD editions, so it would make sense that the compiler's chose the best tracks for the extra' CD.

4. jl151080

Hurrah! Just had confirmation that my order has gone through, and my duplicate order was cancelled. Now I can relax!

mikmcmee, stepeanut and bob60 like this.
  5. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Great news. Looks like I will now have two sets, and after thinking I would never even own it a fee days ago.

jl151080 likes this.
  6. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Any idea what one might cost to ship to the US? If it's not crazy I may be willing to take one off your hands.. PM me if you're interested..

7. BigDanT

BigDanT Forum Resident

Thats cosmic news jl151080 I felt gutted for you when I read you didnt get your order through

jl151080 likes this.
  8. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Back in stock again!!!!!!!

9. Reader

Reader Senior Member

They don't ship to the U.S.? If anybody gets a second copy and is willing to let me get it for close to what you paid plus new shipping I'd appreciate it. Maybe I can return the favor for something U.S. only? Just PM. Thanks.

10. jl151080

Now showing as sold out again.....

11. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

GMTA

Darryl

12. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

I'm only a bit nostalgic for the Edsel 2 CD editions, because they came out just as I was getting into Bolan's music.
    I remember I had the Slider (2 CD), EW & 2 comps.
    I walked into BB and saw 2 CD editions of all the albums from Tanx to Dandy.
    I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. :goodie:

Edit, just realized I could've used multi-quote. Damn you iPad. :cool:

Darryl

mikmcmee likes this.
  13. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Same as me with the Edsel 2 disc-ers. I thought they were beautifully put together.

14. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

For anybody who missed out on this set, I just checked the site, and in the comments section of the T.Rex The Slider page it says more stock on the way. Keep checking the site folks.

15. Bobby Morrow

Have any of the people who got the first batch of these heard anything else yet? I'm not expecting mine until mid-January, but I'd imagine those who got in quicker should receive the box pretty quickly...

16. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I just received a email telling me mine has shipped.

17. Bobby Morrow

Great. Let us know when it comes.

18. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I am hoping it may come by the weekend. I am away in a weeks time for a few weeks so I would love to get it before then. Did you see that other post this morning by someone?
    http://greatofferstore.com/
    some great deals on that site, worth checking out. Marc Bolan at the BBC box set only £20 for eg.

19. Bobby Morrow

I'd think your Slider box should be here for the weekend...

Will check that site out. Thanks. I'm still waiting for the Tanx/Zinc Alloy deluxe to drop in price a bit more!

20. Reader

Reader Senior Member

21. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I know nothing about them. there was a thread this morning mentioning their sale. The prices seem good anyway.

22. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Yes Bobby I would do that, if you could get it for maybe £20 as well. I read the book notes once and admired the pictures etc a couple of times, but it just on a shelf with all of the others. I have decided to get more select with my T.Rex these days as there are just so many releases, and I have all of the tracks anyway god knows how many times.
    I would recommend the BBC box over the Tanx box for sure, especially at £20.

23. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

http://greatofferstore.com/ is part of Universal Music; it's an official site, even if it does look a bit amateurish.

I've only bought one item (no problems at all), but they are definitely legitimate in the same way that Popmarket is, for example

stepeanut likes this.
  24. Reader

Reader Senior Member

One of you fellow forum members in the U.K. should take orders from the U.S. members who can't order the 2 T-Rex boxes, add enough to make it worth your while, add postage charges and sale them thru the marketplace here. I wouldn't get too big time about it but a few might not be too hard. Idea worth thinking about?

25. Reader

Reader Senior Member

Do they ship to the U.S.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.