Best Deal Ever? T Rex 'Slider' 40th Anniversary Box For £20/$30!!!!

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by jl151080, Dec 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Got it when it was first released.
    Wonder how this would look on Blu-Ray.
    The film restoration has already been done for the DVD.

Darryl

2. billy1

billy1 Forum Resident

Well it looks fantastic on DVD, obviously Blu Ray will give you finer detail on stuff in the middle distance -which I believe is it's main benefit, along with an enhanced sense of depth. I guess it would be akin to the difference between the DVD and Blu Ray of 'Rockshow' - well worth it.

A bit off topic, but anytime I try and watch the Ziggy Stardust Movie I think of what a disaster the lighting choice was when compared to Marcs film. What could have been, eh?

3. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member Thread Starter

My Slider box arrived this morning. A very nice set. Out of interest, what are other people's set numbers out of 2000? Mine is 0446.

4. jl151080

5. jl151080

According to an update on http://www.borntoboogie.net/news/ on 1 September 2013, an HD release is being worked on:

These campaigns seem to take forever but you may be pleased to hear that behind the scenes we are pushing for the Re-Launch of Born to Boogie – the DVD with an International screening of the Movie featuring footage of T. Rex “Live at Wembley”. Hoping we can achieve release of this Marc Bolan / Ringo Starr collaboration in 2014 so that you could be enjoying it in HD format!. More details will follow when available. - See more at: http://www.borntoboogie.net/news/#sthash.fHZiMUNl.dpuf

6. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Yours is here already? I was quoted between 9-23 of January. I assumed yours would be later as you ordered yours (finally!) after mine..

jl151080 likes this.
  7. jl151080

I have no idea what's going on. I have an email from them confirming they found two orders on the system under my details, and cancelled one upon my request.

The email has a link to the supposed remaining order, but the status still says 'shipping soon', and the box arrived this morning....so maybe I'll end up with two!

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  8. Bobby Morrow

As long as they don't charge you for two! I'm glad you got it, though. If anyone deserved a copy, it was you.

jl151080 likes this.
  9. jl151080

Thanks - very kind of you to say.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  10. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

This is old news. Haven't heard anything new on the HD front.
    Think I'll ask around some of my Bolan friends.

Darryl

11. Bobby Morrow

Does anyone who has received The Slider box have any comments on the quality of the remastered CD? I have the 2 disc Edsel one from about a decade ago. Is the new remaster better than that?

12. Bobby Morrow

Just had an email from Demon saying my Slider box has been dispatched. To any other UK buyers who've received their copies, how long after you had the email did your box arrive?

13. Mr Wensleydale

Mr Wensleydale Forum Resident

Mine's on its way to Derbyshire too. I also ordered the Tanx/zinc Alloy box set and that was dispatched yesterday, so I should have on idea on timings soon

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  14. Bobby Morrow

Great. Thank you. I was waiting for the Tanx box to drop a bit from £39.99 before I ordered that!

15. CharlieClown

CharlieClown Forum Resident

Not T-Rex but I ordered JAMC/Sugar sets from the same site and they arrived 2 days after dispatch. Posted 2nd class too.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  16. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I had the same email as well.unfortunately I am out of the country for another couple of weeks so let's hope I do eventually get it.

17. Pigalle

Pigalle Forum Resident

My orders have been taking about a week to reach me from dispatch. Did anyone order The Levellers bundle; if so has anyone received the Hello Pig (2CD) set yet as I keep getting sent the Mouth To Mouth (3CD) set - so far I have three copies of it!!!

18. jl151080

I never got a dispatch email, but my order arrived on 3 Jan, having placed my original order on 24 Dec.

I'm expecting my second order to turn up any day now as, although I asked them to cancel it and they confirmed they did, it seems they didn't after all! They refunded me and told me to refuse the parcel.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  19. Bobby Morrow

It sounds like they've made a few errors reading the posts here!

20. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

I got mine today, followed by dispatch email..Thanks again for the great tip :goodie:

Number is 1300/2000

jl151080 and Bobby Morrow like this.
  21. Mr Wensleydale

My Tanx / Zinc Alloy just arrived (posted on the 12th), so hopefully your Slider set (and mine!) will arrive tomorrow.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  22. Bobby Morrow

Here's hoping! I was waiting for the Tanx/Zinc Alloy box to drop in price a bit more, but they've just put it up to £59.99! Don't think I'll be partaking now!

23. Mr Wensleydale

Yeah, it was on my watchlist on Amazon for a little while and the cheapest it's ever been was £43.90, so I thought I'd bite at £39.99 as I missed the Amazon deal. Hope you can get it at a reasonable price!

24. Bobby Morrow

It's not one I'm desperate for, TBH. If the price is right, however...

25. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

Well, that's a bummer. I was waiting until payday to order it. Not at this price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.