Best DIY Cable for IC's

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by slovell, Nov 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark Thread Starter

I've been fiddling around making headphone and IC cables lately to pass the time. I made an IC from Mogami 2549 to use between my Jolida CD100 and Fusion preamp but I'm not happy with it. It sounds rolled off compared to my BJC LC-1. It doesn't exactly sound bad but it definitely doesn't have the top end sparkle and the bass response of the LC-1. Any suggestions for better wire to use other than Mogami 2549? It's going to be hard to beat the LC-1 but I'm bored and desperately need something to do while this virus is trying to kill us.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  2. searing75

searing75 Forum Resident

Belden 9271

slovell likes this.
  3. rhing

rhing Forum Resident

slovell likes this.
  4. fully_articulated

fully_articulated Forum Resident

slovell likes this.
  5. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark Thread Starter

I bought a .5 meter Dueland DCA16GA with Switchcraft connectors for $65.00 shipped to try out. I'm using it to connect my Jolida JD100 cdp to my Jolida Fusion preamp and it sounds very, very good. It's at least a level above the BJC LC-1 it replaced. More detail and deeper soundstage, more air, just a bit more of everything. The bass is a little loose so far but the seller claimed it would tighten up considerably by a 100 hours or so. I've no reason to doubt him, everything else he claimed about this IC is absolutely true. I didn't really expect it to best the BJC LC-1 but it definitely does. When I played the first disc after putting the Dueland in I couldn't stop smiling.

:edthumbs:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Eigenvector likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.