Dismiss Notice
We are rebuilding the search index and other forum caches this morning. Search results may not appear correct until indexing has completed, and the forum may respond a little slower than normal until this has finished.

Best DIY Cable for IC's

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by slovell, Nov 21, 2020.

1. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark Thread Starter

I've been fiddling around making headphone and IC cables lately to pass the time. I made an IC from Mogami 2549 to use between my Jolida CD100 and Fusion preamp but I'm not happy with it. It sounds rolled off compared to my BJC LC-1. It doesn't exactly sound bad but it definitely doesn't have the top end sparkle and the bass response of the LC-1. Any suggestions for better wire to use other than Mogami 2549? It's going to be hard to beat the LC-1 but I'm bored and desperately need something to do while this virus is trying to kill us.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  2. searing75

searing75 Forum Resident

Belden 9271

slovell likes this.
  3. rhing

rhing Forum Resident

slovell likes this.
  4. fully_articulated

fully_articulated Forum Resident

slovell likes this.
  5. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark Thread Starter

I bought a .5 meter Dueland DCA16GA with Switchcraft connectors for $65.00 shipped to try out. I'm using it to connect my Jolida JD100 cdp to my Jolida Fusion preamp and it sounds very, very good. It's at least a level above the BJC LC-1 it replaced. More detail and deeper soundstage, more air, just a bit more of everything. The bass is a little loose so far but the seller claimed it would tighten up considerably by a 100 hours or so. I've no reason to doubt him, everything else he claimed about this IC is absolutely true. I didn't really expect it to best the BJC LC-1 but it definitely does. When I played the first disc after putting the Dueland in I couldn't stop smiling.

:edthumbs:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020 at 7:48 PM
    Eigenvector likes this.